Rangers interested in Dominic Moore

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I would love to have Moore. But I don't think he would have any interest in playing hockey due to the loss of his wife, playing Hockey would be last on my mind for a while. So don't really expect Moore to sign.

R.I.P, no one should ever go through this, but it happens, and that's why life sucks but we have to deal with stuff like this that happens. ):

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I was on board with bringing him back over the summer, still on board with it now.

If they can fit him, he's a HUGE improvement in the bottom 6. Liked him as a Ranger.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I would love to have Moore. But I don't think he would have any interest in playing hockey due to the loss of his wife, playing Hockey would be last on my mind for a while. So don't really expect Moore to sign.

R.I.P, no one should ever go through this, but it happens, and that's why life sucks but we have to deal with stuff like this that happens. ):

yea I would think he will have to mourn over the next month plus. I imagine he sits out the yr actually

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Absolutely awful news regarding his wife. Do they have a kid? Hope no matter what he decides career-wise he can find some peace.

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
It worked out that AA is a better fit at LW than Boyle was.

Nothing more, nothing less

I think there is some revisionist history going on here, Anisimov is not that good in the defensive zone, not nearly as good as the credit he gets on this board. Moore can score goals, win faceoffs, and is a good penalty killer. He has better wheels than Boyle and plays a fairly physical game, but is best suited for the wing on the 3rd line as opposed to a shutdown center. He would never take Boyle's job as the 3rd line center while Torts is the coach.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Sad news for the Moore family. I always liked him as A ranger & hated that Sather traded him. Moore has become one of the most sought after trade deadline aquastion players the past few years. I would love to have him back with the Rangers, although I think the timing may not be right now.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Moore may or may not sit out the season. I imagine he will be told to play by friends and family as he will need something to fill the void and occupy his mind. I'm sure he will take his time in making any decisions but after a few weeks he will want hockey in his life to give him something to pour himself into. My mother died of liver cancer a few years ago during my college hockey season. I took 16 days off before returning to practice. After a while where I felt like I couldn't do anything at all I wanted to get back on the ice because it was a distraction and an outlet. Playing could distract me enough that I could even have fun and laugh at practice or on the bus with the guys instead of being trapped with my thoughts all the time. Everyone is different and obviously Moore's decision is more serious so I'm not really comparing but simply saying I wouldn't be surprised to see him play. But obviously I wouldn't be surprised if he chose to sit out the short season either. I wish him all the best whatever he chooses.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
yea I would think he will have to mourn over the next month plus. I imagine he sits out the yr actually

In my limited experience it is the downtime that is the worst. When you are focused on a goal etc it helps to distract you and keep your mind from filling with sorrow.

ThurmNYY

Jan 25, 2007
The Lost City
nysportsboard.com

my condolences to the entire moore family and i feel very bad for him, he and his wife are still so young and to die at that age of cancer is unbelievable.

i would not even think twice about bringing him in and would do it in a heartbeat and it is unfortunate that he was traded for hall.

if what you posted is what he said after the trade then i personally have no problems with what he said.
in fact, it is truth. he was 100% correct in that assessment the rangers always bail on their draft picks and moore has always worked hard his entire career and i don't blame him for being upset at being cast away like he was.

he would have been a real nice player to have around the last couple of years and would fit nicely into torts system.
i say if he is up for playing here again and wants to play in light of his recent loss, i would get him in here asap.

either way, i wish him nothing but the best and once again give him my condolences.

Vickers8

Very sad, I think if he plays it will be as a Ranger, which would probably push Boyle to 4th line

Punxrocknyc19*

would love to have him back. At the very least, he is worth a 2nd round draft pick at the trade deadline. :D

Hall for Moore had to be one of those trades that didnt work out as well as they hoped that Hall would be a 3rd line power forward. its a shame he wasnt that good here. he just didnt fit well here at all...

Vickers8

Hall for Moore had to be one of those trades that didnt work out as well as they hoped that Hall would be a 3rd line power forward. its a shame he wasnt that good here. he just didnt fit well here at all...

Dominic really developed his game when he left here...

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA

Moore was traded because he wanted more. Money it was. Moore -> Betts -> Boyle... We just regressed, since Dom, didn't we? Although I liked Betts a lot, he was a replacement, not an improvement.
He will not sit out the season. Hockey is the best way to cope with grief. I don't think we need him, however. What did we sign Halpern for? Penguins should pick him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad