Rangers interested in Dominic Moore

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Katie had an ESPN chat today

Katie Strang (1:16 PM)

I believe the Rangers will look into the possibility of acquiring Dominic Moore. Need a depth defenseman as well. Thought Paul Ranger was on radar before, but that ship may have sailed

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46665

Moore is a group III. His wife was diagnosed with liver cancer last April. Moore didn't sign anywhere in the summer. His wife's health will probably determine his playing future.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
erlendssonTBO: According to a team spokesman, Katie Moore - wife of former #tblightning center Dominic Moore - passed away from liver cancer Mon. morning

Terrible news for Moore who was a very solid Ranger. Wish he and his family nothing but the best. He is a good player if he decides to play again

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
That's awful. I wouldn't be surprised if he sat out for the season.

That said, I would be fine with giving Moore a contract. He's a good player.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers looked into signing Moore in 2009 when Brandon Dubinsky was holding out. Moore filed for salary arbitration in 2006 and Sather traded him. Sather always liked him.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Moores are genuinely good people.

I'd be glad to have Dominic back, can play multiple positions (Kill penalties) including push Boyle for the 3rd line center spot.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
damn that sucks about his wife...thoughts and prayers to his family

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Moore would be a VERY solid addition to this team. Consummate professional, great PKer, can play wing or center, provides jam that Torts likes.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
have grown to not be a fan of him in recent years, but for the same reason would probably love him back on the rangers...easily the best player available imo.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So is this something she's actually heard, or just an educated guess? Hard to tell.

I'd take Dom back, no problem.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
First off, condolences to the Moores, very sad news. Secondly, I loved him here as a Ranger. I know some people have a sour taste in their mouth about his comments after he left the Rangers, but I will keep repeating the story of when I had the honor of meeting him. I had an amazing chance to go to the Rangers locker room, met a bunch of the players, had small talk, but with Moore, I had a what, maybe 40 minute solid conversation, he kept asking questions, seemed very down to earth, we kept talking even after the rest of the team was almost gone. I really liked him as a player for the Rangers, and he is an awesome guy.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'd be on board with this. Would at least give us another option for 3rd line C and make up for some of the PK we lost with Dubi and Ani gone.

SupersonicMonkey*

Always had the impression that Dominic was a good dude, and very intelligent.

I could care less about his comments.

Sports fans, especially New York sports fans, and Rangers fans can be extreme doosh bags in their treatment of players.

Moore is a very solid player. He would absolutely make this roster stronger. But this doesn't look like a real option anymore.

Hopefully he and his family are able to get through this hard time.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Moore would be a VERY solid addition to this team. Consummate professional, great PKer, can play wing or center, provides jam that Torts likes.

This is such an unfortunate thing and my prayers do go out to him however... Was it not Pyatt who's girlfriend was killed in a car accident and he hasn't quite been the same player since? As cruel as it sounds but you would worry about something like this hurting his play. The best thing for him would be to sit out the season and take some time to mentally recover.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
First off, condolences to the Moores, very sad news. Secondly, I loved him here as a Ranger. I know some people have a sour taste in their mouth about his comments after he left the Rangers, but I will keep repeating the story of when I had the honor of meeting him. I had an amazing chance to go to the Rangers locker room, met a bunch of the players, had small talk, but with Moore, I had a what, maybe 40 minute solid conversation, he kept asking questions, seemed very down to earth, we kept talking even after the rest of the team was almost gone. I really liked him as a player for the Rangers, and he is an awesome guy.

Cool story, thanks for sharing :handclap:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Brooks mentions NYR looing for a depth F which does make sense as they can keep all the current players in CT down for call up options. Whoever gets signed likely is a spare anyway

I would be fine with Moore, man his brother gets clocked by Bertuzzi then this, tough stuff.

I am fine with Winchester, Moore, Fehr, Dvorak,etc as long as they come cheap

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY
.. he got into Harvard...

:)

On serious note, sad news for Dom and his family. Really feel for the guy.

Not the greatest at understanding his market value though. Pretty sure he turned down lucrative deal from Toronto to test open market only to see offers for a fraction of that price in UFA marketplace. He was a good Ranger. Works and skates hard. Not the best passer but a good penalty killer and a guy who churns those legs. Wouldn't be the worst move in the world.

EDIT: Do remember those comments he made post-Rangers now. If Torts and Slats are okay with it, I guess I would be, too. Even if they seemed to characterize 1998-2004 Rangers more than 2005-2012. Can't even say pre/post lockout anymore. Too confusing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad