Confirmed with Link: Rangers Games at Yankee Stadium (1/26 at Devils; 1/29 at Islanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
Additional tweets from the left coast indicating one possible outdoor game in NY and another in LA on the same weekend...makes some sense as this is the weekend between the NFL conference championships and the Super Bowl. Great opportunity to own TV

How would LA host an outdoor game if the cold east coast weather struggles to hold the ice up well?

Apr 10, 2012
How would LA host an outdoor game if the cold east coast weather struggles to hold the ice up well?

they did an outdoor game in vegas 20 years ago, i'm sure they could figure out the technology to do it now (i mean we've come within a degree of absolute zero in a lab setting lol :yo:)

feel like it's a dumb idea to have multiple outdoor games though, even with one being the rangers. going to take a lot away from the winter classic.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Bringing this thread back because this could be a reality as per TSN.

Jan 1 TOR @ DET - Michigan Stadium
Jan 25 ANA @ LA - Dodger Stadium
Jan 26 NJ @ NYR - Yankee Stadium
Jan 29 NYI @ NYR - Yankee Stadium

Mar 1 PIT @ CHI - Soldier Field
Mar 2 OTT @ VAN - BC Place

NHL set to announce this "Stadium Series" of games for 2014, according to TSN.

Kershaw

Visiting team vs. the Debs and Isles at Yankee stadium? lol

The Rangers now have 4 home arenas.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Two games three days apart would be awful. NHL can't come up with any original marketing ideas so they're going to milk the one good thing they have. The NHL is the EA of professional sports leagues.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
The WC is special because it is only once a year.

I think it's cool to have games at different arenas outdoors, but the aura of the WC is diminished.

Also, Rangers are the away team twice? :help:

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Since we were the away team for the Winter Classic we deserve to be the Home team for at least one of these games. Are they seriously going to sound the goal horn when the Devils score in Yankee stadium?

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
So if we are the visitors for both games, that means Islander and Devil season ticket holders have priority over us for getting seats?

3 outdoor games and our STH get priority for none. **** that. Will have to be in attendance for one of the games but gonna have to pay out the ass now for sure.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Two back to back outdoor games vs. rivals and we're away for both.

Let me guess, construction at MSG the excuse this time around?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Just what a mentally weak team needs. On top of the inevitable Europe start with 8 games in 10 days, followed by a 3 month road trip with the first game against the defending stanley cup champions when they raise their banner.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Wonder how this'll work out for season ticket holders.

Knowing Yankee Stadium though, no special deals, super expensive everything.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Wonder how this'll work out for season ticket holders.

Knowing Yankee Stadium though, no special deals, super expensive everything.

If I remember correctly, we were offered tickets to the game in Philly by the Rangers. I said no to the original questionnaire, and they still offered me tickets, so I imagine the season ticket holders will be offered seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad