Confirmed with Link: Rangers Games at Yankee Stadium (1/26 at Devils; 1/29 at Islanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That is what most were doing. Posting on stubhub and waiting for the tickets to sell. Although, I will be honest, I find it very difficult to believe you made thousands on the Mets and Yanks that year if you bought packages directly from the teams.

I usually stay at the lower price points. Grandstand $25 tickets were routinely going for $100+ against the Red Sox, Mets, Old Timers. Figure that's about 16 games right there times 4 seats which I had full season (2 were actually at $20 face) that's $4800 net on those games alone because at the time Craigslist was still effective and I was paying no fees. Then you had the stadium openers that were $300+ to get in the door. I sold early and I can't recall which if any games I took a loss on, and Saturday games were always double baggers. So as you can see it really starts to add up.

These days you have to pay stubhub a 25% fee off the listing and the mass market doesn't really care about baseball anymore

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I usually stay at the lower price points. Grandstand $25 tickets were routinely going for $100+ against the Red Sox, Mets, Old Timers. Figure that's about 16 games right there times 4 seats which I had full season (2 were actually at $20 face) that's $4800 net on those games alone because at the time Craigslist was still effective and I was paying no fees. Then you had the stadium openers that were $300+ to get in the door. I sold early and I can't recall which if any games I took a loss on, and Saturday games were always double baggers. So as you can see it really starts to add up.

These days you have to pay stubhub a 25% fee off the listing and the mass market doesn't really care about baseball anymore
I was able to get Yanks-Red Sox for less than face value that first year. Granted, my brother in law bought the day before. Besides, that is 16 out of 81 games. My brother in law usually went to 2-3 games every homestand and for most paid about $5. But, I guess if you sold early before the prices really collapsed, I guess it is possible. And yes, he always bought grandstand.

As for the market, 81 games and maybe 10 sell out early. Plus, the face-value being just too high to begin with. What I am really wondering about is next year's Giants market. My brothers and I have 6 seats (2 each). One of my brothers only went to 1 game as he is in Quantico right now and in grad school. Other brother only went to 2. I went to 4. Even with taking a hit on the pre-season games, we still made some nice money. The brother in Quantico wound up going to his one game with his wife for free and still made a nice profit.

Last edited:

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Every year I see some of my friends buying packages with the thought that they'll go to 1 or 2 games and sell the rest for a profit. Every year I laugh at them and end up buying their tickets day of for 50% off the price they paid.

You can do it if you've got a wide circle of people who want to go to games but there are far better ways to invest your money than trying to swing a profit off Rangers tickets.

It seems like there are a few STH,s that try to sell every game on here some listing games at $25 below face value. This year I am noticing it more than ever even the premium games. I dont know what their situation is but I hope they didnt get seasons anticipating selling most of their games and taking a loss. I see this especially with lower bowl seats. This doesnt make sense to me and I hope people didnt get seasons hoping to sell the games and making a profit, The way MSG has priced their tickets unless you get upper bowl seats you are going to get killed if you dont plan on going to at least 25-30 games.
The general rule on this board has always been to sell games at face value but I see more and more STHs dumping almost every game for less than face some substantially less than face($25 less per ticket).
I just dont see the point in having seasons if you dont plan on making most games.

darrenturcotte#8

Sep 17, 2006
I have 3 seats to each game in 424 row 1. They should be ideal seats in the corner. They are $229 face + Rangers fees. I'm going to sell 1 game and go to the other...

1/26 Devils: $275/seat

1/29 Islanders: $230/seat

[email protected]

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I had a buddy contact me yesterday about going to the Islanders outdoor game. He said "we're going to regret it if we dont go!"

...I dont really feel that way.

It's typical NHL marketing. Their biggest attraction (besides the playoffs) is an exhibition that is hardly indicative of what the game really is. Compromised skill and speed.

Last edited:

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I had a buddy contact me yesterday about going to the Islanders outdoor game. He said "we're going to regret it if we dont go!"

...I dont really feel that way.

As someone who spent a full day taking the LIRR to Amtrak down to the Winter Classic in Philly 2 years ago I am looking forward to the Stadium Series. The WC was a great experience and I think playing outdoors at night with the lights on at Yankee Stadium will be awesome!

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
1/29 vs NYI. Section 224 row 11 seats 1-4 on aisle next to 223 (blue line seats).

FV $299 before fees. Asking best offers.

Hard nice tix and I will throw in hats/scarf set.

Pm if interested. Thx.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Im renting a Van and coming in with 6 guys from NJ.

Im wondering when we should arrive at the Stadium and if there will be any pre game "festivities". Does anyone know of any?

The game starts relatively early at 12:30 and depending on the weather we probably won't want to be in the stadium to far in advance. Especially since well have to purchase expensive drinks when we can do a solid pre-game beforehand at the house and then in the van.

But wouldn't want to miss anything either...

Thoughts?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Im renting a Van and coming in with 6 guys from NJ.

Im wondering when we should arrive at the Stadium and if there will be any pre game "festivities". Does anyone know of any?

The game starts relatively early at 12:30 and depending on the weather we probably won't want to be in the stadium to far in advance. Especially since well have to purchase expensive drinks when we can do a solid pre-game beforehand at the house and then in the van.

But wouldn't want to miss anything either...

Thoughts?

NYC has a whole bunch of things planned for Super Bowl week. I would hope they have something set up for the Stadium Series. The Islander game is only a few days away so they might have more in place by then. At the WC in Philly they had a bunch of booths set up outside CB Park but overall it was disappointing as far as before game activities.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
NYC has a whole bunch of things planned for Super Bowl week. I would hope they have something set up for the Stadium Series. The Islander game is only a few days away so they might have more in place by then. At the WC in Philly they had a bunch of booths set up outside CB Park but overall it was disappointing as far as before game activities.

That's what I'm thinking.

I'm hoping they'll be some activities and bands and stuff there but judging by the Yankees stadium series web page and other areas where you could find information, I'm not seeing anything. I'm not surprised either. But people need to plan accordingly!

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
My buddy just decided he wants to go to the Rangers vs Isles game at Fake Stadium..... We noticed that bleacher tickets on stubhub have dropped to $100 or so.... Think we should wait for it to drop even lower ?? I really don't have the money to spend on great seats, so just being there is my motto.....

Jan 8, 2012
NY
My buddy just decided he wants to go to the Rangers vs Isles game at Fake Stadium..... We noticed that bleacher tickets on stubhub have dropped to $100 or so.... Think we should wait for it to drop even lower ?? I really don't have the money to spend on great seats, so just being there is my motto.....
Depending on how many seats there are at that price point. Although do you really want to be sitting on the cold bleachers in January?

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY

wait a couple of weeks, the prices are going to keep tumbling

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Yup. 10,000+ tickets still out there. Just a couple of days ago I think the cheapest was at $120 and it's already down to $100.

buyers are waiting this one out, it's going to be a big game of chicken. If the weather is good one week out then prices will rise, otherwise they'll dump. People want to go, but they would rather not pay what the NHL has been extorting

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We're at our limit on this. If we want to continue discussing the lead up to these games, someone ought to make a Pre-Game Thread.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad