Confirmed with Link: Rangers extend McDonagh (6 years, $28.2M, $4.7M AAV)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Jeff Gorton negotiates the contracts. Before Gorton was elevated to AGM in 2011,Cam Hope negotiated the entry level contracts. Those contracts are basic contracts. Just follow the entry level system rules. Glen Sather negotiated the big ones. Gorton negotiates the contracts now. Hope left at the end of June 2011. Even with the Kristo trade. Gorton and Clark along with of the the scouts(Larry Bernard) wanted Kristo. Sather has never seen him play. Not even on TV. North Dakota is on TV every weekend.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
overpaid for a scrub. he better compensate for his scrubness with some offense this season.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I keep finding situations where I can be obviously sarcastic so one day, my dream of being able to be sarcastic without denoting it with a :sarcasm: can be a reality. It has yet to happen.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If McD takes the next step up and flourishes offensively under AV, he'll be a great contract for 4.7 during his final 3-4 years. He has all the sense to be able to balance extraordinary defense with offense and my god, if he can put in his 27 minutes a night along with being a dominant force on the ice offensively, it'll really push our 1/2 line offense a hell a lot.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Wow, the Rangers continue to get phenomenal value from their blueline.

The emphasis on drafting and trading for young, solid, non-flashy defensive prospects has more than paid off. Gotta give credit to McD, he easily could have held out ala Del Zotto and Dubinsky or filed for arbitration for a few more bucks (he was eligible, correct?)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

The emphasis on drafting and trading for young, solid, non-flashy defensive prospects has more than paid off. Gotta give credit to McD, he easily could have held out ala Del Zotto and Dubinsky or filed for arbitration for a few more bucks (he was eligible, correct?)

Del Zotto held out?

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York

D Zotto signed right away when they negotiated

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
McDonagh's first year salary is $4,000,000

NHLPA.com compensation page. They list salary. Not cap hit.

It was added tonight. It wasn't there late this afternoon.

http://www.nhlpa.com/the-players/team-compensation/new-york-rangers

Every time I look at the rangers numbers I never understand how we have so many holes and no cap space lol ... Then I look at other teams and I always feel like other teams have more money then us or something...

But usually the difference is teams save a lot of money by not paying their goalie 6M+

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

DZ showed up to camp without signing a deal, and got it done that day. Dubi held out. I believe one of the last RFAs to do that and re-sign with the team that held out from.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
overpaid for a scrub. he better compensate for his scrubness with some offense this season.

i know youre being sarcastic but i really do think that he will flourish under AV. hopefully this coaching staff utilizes his offensive capabilities better.

i really dont understand why torts didnt use him on the PP. i know he got occasional shifts but nothing consistent like girardi got during this season. i really hope AV and arniel use him on the PP.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Aerodactyl, why Torts does what he does on the PP is beyond everyone here. Boyle, Richards, No Moore, bad positioning, no one net front, no practice, DZ in a unhelpful spot etc. etc.

Given what the NYR organization is doing in educating AV on the thick and thins of the problems, possible solutions and the quality of players we have and individual player's strengths, we can assume that all the thoughts that we've had on here is going to translate, finally. We *****ed about puck possession, 6-goalie system, poor transition game, excess of dump and chase, lack of cohesiveness and support entering the zone, poor passing plays, d man not jumping in, collapsing PK, dead PP etc. is all being recited to AV verbatim so in a way, the emphasis in strategy and player evaluations of AV is going to reflect what the knowledgeable fan base has been yapping about for the last 2 years.

Also: What a scrub... hurting himself from a toe-drag move. Totally not NHL ready.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I keep finding situations where I can be obviously sarcastic so one day, my dream of being able to be sarcastic without denoting it with a :sarcasm: can be a reality. It has yet to happen.

It'll never happen. There are people out there who can't pick up on even dripping sarcasm in person. No hope on the internet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad