Confirmed with Link: Rangers extend McDonagh (6 years, $28.2M, $4.7M AAV)

NYR27

Apr 3, 2006
Baltimore, MD
nyfan27.wordpress.com
locking up Mac Truck for 6 years!!!!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 243

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Glad to hear it. If there is one player to lock up long term its McD.

Since it is 6 years it will probably be closer to 4.75M per, is my projection.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Stepan and Hags absolutely not 100 percent sure on Zucc but I believe we fit him in

To me Stepan is smart in the way Patrice Bergeron is smart--only maybe half a step slower and not as good at face-offs--though he's improved from year to year. OTOH he's not nearly had the pile of injuries that Bergeron has had. Derek's our best center. He stepped up last year to that. He's still really young. After McDonagh he's the No. 1 priority. Then comes Hagelin and then Zucc. I'm going to be pissed if we can't sign any one of these guys because we kept Richards around.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Outside of Hank, McDonagh is the one player we have that I truly hope is a Ranger for life.

I agree. 2nd best player on the team.

1. Henrik
2. McDonagh

3-6. is more subjective--any of Callahan, Nash, Stepan, Staal

7-8. Girardi, Brassard.

6 of the 8 have been Rangers their entire pro careers.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
great to get this done. Love McD. now Dominoes will fall with the other RFA's. Stepan next I imagine.

I could see Zuc, Boyle, DZ in a doozy of a package deal due to the cap

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
great to get this done. Love McD. now Dominoes will fall with the other RFA's. Stepan next I imagine.

I could see Zuc, Boyle, DZ in a doozy of a package deal due to the cap

Rangers need to be careful not to do the stupid thing they did last year--trade off all their depth. They seem much better set up for the coming year than they the last but we need to go into this new season with 4 lines and 3 pair of defensemen who can play as well as a couple spares. Last year's team started the season with maybe two lines--two defense pairs and maybe another player or two and the rest were just crap.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Expecting AAV of 5.5. The 3 UFA years will be compared to what UFAs received this yr and all I know is salaries this yr have been out of control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad