Confirmed with Link: Rangers extend McDonagh (6 years, $28.2M, $4.7M AAV)

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
maybe mcd said hed take a couple mil less over the life of contract for more money up front.

I take it back about Staal's contract, btw. His is a consistent raise until his first year of UFA eligibility where it does a significant jump.

But nah, McDonagh's the average of McDonagh's UFA years averages out to 20.3% more than the average of his RFA years. That's right in line with what Sather usually does. Callahan is 20.6%, for example.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Different for Sather. Usually it's one rate for RFA years and another for UFA years. See Staal, Girardi, Dubinsky, Callahan.

The Girardi and Dubinsky contracts were that way, but Staal and Cally were similar to McD.

Staal's contract pays 3.1, 3.675, 3.775, 3.875 and 5.45
Callahan got 4, 4, 4.825, but the last 2 years were UFA years. He got 2.2 and 2.4 on his prior contract

Gorton did McD's contract. Don't know if the tiered approach is his style or it just depends on the negotiations. Doesn't matter as long as the cap his is low :)

Edit: Just saw your post :)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm inclined to think what Sather said was a bit of hyperbole. I mean, obviously any scouting he does himself is on the professional level, but Kristo played on a line with two of his prospects at the WJC. So maybe he wasnt watching Kristo intently, but he's definitely seen him.

Maybe Slats went fishing during WJC.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Ok, that's it. Someone needs to photoshop Stu Bickel, Matt Gilroy and Roman Hamrlik in a field beating the **** out of a Shooter Tutor or something.

This was definitely worth the two and a half hours it took to make:

s66lo6.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad