GDT: Rangers @ Devils 7PM - MSGSN MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
Prediction: in the off season, Ruff will resign from coaching but will remain in the devils organization in some capacity.

Unfortunately, I just don’t see Fitz firing Ruff and kicking him out.
I don't think that's necessarily the worst outcome. He may be better suited for a role like that vs. coaching this particular team. Despite how the season has gone, the team has potential. Hopefully it comes down to putting the right people in the right jobs along with the players, especially young d, getting more experience and developing (goalies are gonna be a big question mark). Whether management has the ability and awareness to actually put people in positions where the team can succeed is a different story.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Right. They'd have it so much easier in any Canadian city.

It's especially galling after losing to a team that has 10x the media pressure.

Can I just say this all feels like a teen movie where you get joke invited to the prom and they make you homecoming king/queen just to pull your pants down on stage and dump blood on you?

Not a good feeling this morning
Props for the Stephen King reference.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Looking at the highlights, clips, videos, tweets etc.. man we got manhandled and handed our shit to us. Quite embarrassing.
It's the sort of game that would lead one to down a fifth of bourbon, fire up the ATV, load the AR-15, strap on hip waders and camo gear and go take down some feral hogs to blow off steam.

My3Sons

Sponsor
That sounds phenomenal
They'd probably even let you drive the ATV up on to a trailer and hitch it to your oversized American landyacht to drive it to the woods where you will hunt the hogs. If you are drunk enough you can probably find some way to attach your shiny brass belt buckle to the outside of your camo gear and if you are hunting with someone rich they can probably put a big screen tv on the back of the ATV to watch pro wrestling while you are hunting.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I still can’t believe Lindy’s one tweak to the PP was to move Bratt off in favor of Mercer, who has sucked ass all season and has particularly ineffective lately.
LOL this is a guy who waited 50 odd games to make strategical changes to a d-zone system that any idiot could see wasn't working. Then, right in the middle of a five game stretch when said changes were producing significantly better results, decides the best course of action is to remove from the lineup a young player who was contributing to the improvement in favor of a scrub vet, almost instantly resulting in the team's defensive play reverting back to garbage.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don’t think I could name five worse Devil-Ranger home games and I’ve been to like 99% of them in Rock history…Game 5 2008, Fan Depreciation Day in 2015, the first two playoff games last year and?? This is the only one I bailed out of in the second intermission

Come to think of it, the outdoor game too if you want to count that, that was also bad enough for me to throw the towel in after two periods, so yeah it’s actually possible to have at least five worse home games

Well went to in general, not in NJ lol. Yankee Stadium, 14/15 ender where the Rags won the President's, Zibanejad OT goal I 2017 (I think), Zibanejad hat trick game and then game 1 last year.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I still can’t believe Lindy’s one tweak to the PP was to move Bratt off in favor of Mercer, who has sucked ass all season and has particularly ineffective lately.
He did also tweak PP2 by taking Holtz off of it, even though Holtz was somehow the main puck carrier for that unit.

PP2 got even worse at controlling the puck without Holtz, which just shows what a mess the personnel on PP is.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Been driving all day so haven’t read through the post game. The most embarrassing part of last night was the complete disrespect the Rangers showed our power play. It is so pathetic, dear lord.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
LOL this is a guy who waited 50 odd games to make strategical changes to a d-zone system that any idiot could see wasn't working. Then, right in the middle of a five game stretch when said changes were producing significantly better results, decides the best course of action is to remove from the lineup a young player who was contributing to the improvement in favor of a scrub vet, almost instantly resulting in the team's defensive play reverting back to garbage.
Do we need Church of Hatakka? :laugh:

Btw, cant wait for the H-Attacka puns when he scores for the first time lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The name Hatakka will never not remind me of a Japanese sumo wrestler. The Yokozuna's biggest rival in his sumo wrestling days over in Japan.

Yes, I realize the Yokozuna never was an actual sumo wrestler, he was just the size of one and it was merely his gimmick. Nor was he even from Japan, though he did start out in New Japan Pro Wrestling, which was absolutely not at all a sumo promotion.

But just let me have my story here. Sumo wrestler Hatakka is the Taro Tsujimoto of sumo wrestling. But like Tony said ''Did they ever even exzhist?''.

Smith at this point is basically like icing a sumo wrestler.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Every time I hear Hatakka, I think of Taka Tanaka.:laugh:

you-have-no-marbles-tanaka.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad