GDT: Rangers @ Devils 7PM - MSGSN MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdj12784

Sep 19, 2006
Sayreville, N.J
Luke defers soo much on the powerplay, especially to Jack. Maybe he doesnt think his shot will get through. If someone wants to block it, keep shooting it and make them pay the price to block it.
THIS! A team wants to block shots? Cool. In response, I’m shooting as hard as humanly possible. Always make them pay!

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Did we lose to the Islanders? I thought we had an OT win and then that last minute regulation win?

I think it's two L's against Carolina.

I believe we've only played Pittsburgh once so far, so we should have 3 more against them. Unless they're one of those teams we only play 3 times in division due to them being the odd team out so we could play the rest of the East 3 times and West 2 times.

Thought we lost one to the isles and eon one, but for certain I was at the home game when we came back with dagger last few min to tie it and then either OTd it or won it in regulation dagger last minute goal.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
HFFam.. closing up shop tonight. It's been real.

Thought maybe we'd get some good juju tonight but it wasn't so. Don't know how the team regroups after this one.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
HFFam.. closing up shop tonight. It's been real.

Thought maybe we'd get some good juju tonight but it wasn't so. Don't know how the team regroups after this one.

They are kids. They likely don’t dwell on it the way the more passionate fans do. If they score first next game it won’t surprise me if they play well for a couple of periods.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
To be honest, I am back to two years ago where I went through the games fast forward when they were falling behind. When Kreider hit the bar close to the end of that 5 minute PP I knew they were never gonna win this game. What a total clown show this team has become again. How can a team with that much talent play that awful? That must be some of the worst coaching in the league.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The only positive from that game is that it might actually have been disgraceful enough to get Lindy fired. Blown out by the Rags in their own barn.

All the hallmarks of a classic Lindy failure. Completely unprepared to play and give up the first goal? Check. Abominal special teams, including being unable to score on a major? Check. Running your rookie goalie into the ground? Check. Using Brendan Smith in a role he's woefully unqualified for? Check.

Reactions: NJ07102

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Florida on Feb. 27 last year was 2.5 games out. (3 pts back and Pittsburgh has two games in hand).

The Devils are currently 1.5 games back of Tampa for the last wild card (with Washington in between). 5 pts back, but two games in hand.

Ruff has to go right now if we want to believe it's possible.

It's clear with no changes that they aren't going to pull out enough wins.

Reactions: jkrdevil

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
This is some really horrendous leadership on display. Seriously. Blaming the media for pressure on the players? In NJ??? Excusing the PP woes because of on one injured player who wasn’t even on PP1 when he was healthy? Continuously feeding a struggling rookie to the wolves and then calling out his play to the media?

Instead of coming out and reiterating that this team is serious about winning and these results are unacceptable, the GM is MIA and the coach is trotting out excuses. Even if there was validity to it, that’s like the #1 thing you don’t do from a leadership standpoint. No one outside of a couple of players is taking ownership of this huge let down of a season.

This is a really really bad look for this organization. Not inspiring enthusiasm for the future at all.

Definitely doesn't feel like it accurately reflects the game, but yet another example of Shesterkin dominating and [insert Devils goalie] laying a complete egg.
You can’t be serious?

Shesterkin could have won this game blindfolded.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Jack has never been a physical guy, but the way he avoids contact at any cost is different than before. He is clearly not even close to being 100 percent imho.
Umm idk what you’ve been watching last few years. He been avoiding contact at all cost for years. Always just let’s the other guy have the puck and then either turns away or tries to strip him depending on the situation

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Luke defers soo much on the powerplay, especially to Jack. Maybe he doesnt think his shot will get through. If someone wants to block it, keep shooting it and make them pay the price to block it.

THIS! A team wants to block shots? Cool. In response, I’m shooting as hard as humanly possible. Always make them pay!
NOT THIS! He’s had far too many shots miss the net and get blocked lately. Him not shooting enough isn’t the problem. It’s him and Jack moving around too much dancing with the puck. They need to simplify and let the puck do the work. Luke needs to move less on the point and focus on snapping it around in a less predictable way that might actually open up some lanes.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Jack has never been a physical guy, but the way he avoids contact at any cost is different than before. He is clearly not even close to being 100 percent imho.

He did try and check Kakko tbf, it went about as well as you would expect.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Ok, I just got back from that piss poor disaster of a game which still isn't somehow in the bottom 5 worst NYR NJD games I went to (maybe I'm a glutton for punishment) but here my thoughts: there aren't any. This is basically the same team we've seen all year, they wilt and fold under the slightest pressure and the players who last year dug them out of holes are either hurt or underwhelming this year or in someone's like Timo's case, both. In the long run, this will be good for the Devils but in the short term it's a massive kick in the balls. Take our lumps this year, trade off guys like Toff/Miller, make a goalie trade, fire the ever living f*** outta of Lindy and come back like 22-23 Vegas

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Umm idk what you’ve been watching last few years. He been avoiding contact at all cost for years. Always just let’s the other guy have the puck and then either turns away or tries to strip him depending on the situation
Yeah, right. There is a clear difference between Jack before and after his recent injury with regards to physical play and the lanes he takes. If you don't see that, I can't help you.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
The media, what media? Amanda team approved “so how does it feel” softballs, three other randos? We have no media lmao. There were like six questions tonight. One dude was whispering, ummmm, ahhhh, soooooo something about special teams, like he was even afraid to ask a question.

They’re not even questions most of the time, mostly statements. “So the power play came up empty tonight….”and then Ruff will comment on it. Pressure from the media hahahahahahahahahaha holy crap.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Yeah, right. There is a clear difference between Jack before and after his recent injury with regards to physical play and the lanes he takes. If you don't see that, I can't help you.
Nope he literally always takes those lanes. He goes ridiculously out of his way to avoid contact sometimes and that’s not something new since the injury

The media, what media? Amanda team approved “so how does it feel” softballs, three other randos? We have no media lmao. There were like six questions tonight. One dude was whispering, ummmm, ahhhh, soooooo something about special teams, like he was even afraid to ask a question.

They’re not even questions most of the time, mostly statements. “So the power play came up empty tonight….”and then Ruff will comment on it. Pressure from the media hahahahahahahahahaha holy crap.
Imagine how Lindy would fare in a market like Toronto if things weren’t going well

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Which is why I generally don't give a rat's ass about post game pressers. What's going to happen if Ryan asks a tough question? Lindy gives him some pissy answer and walks off?

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad