Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This may be a legacy defining run for Panarin, or at least one that can save his. I’m not going to get on his ass if he plays his ass off in a losing effort because a group of other players dropped the ball.

I’m going to be annoyed if he is the only one of the big 3 who shows up.

Great thing about the playoffs is that this is a clean slate for everyone. Great opportunity for those who had underwhelming or shit regular seasons to redeem themselves (looking directly at Zibanejad and Lindgren.)

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Some critical thinking is needed. I want Chytil to play, but not at the expense of Rempe. Scratch someone else
some critical thinking is required.
It’s not even close.
Rempe does one thing.

Chytil does many things. Many things are more valuable than one thing.

Reactions: CLW

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
some critical thinking is required.
It’s not even close.
Rempe does one thing.

Chytil does many things. Many things are more valuable than one thing.
It’s a ridiculous discussion, if Chytil is healthy, he’s playing and Rempe is not going to play over Goodrow or Vesey, he’s coming out of the lineup.

Reactions: Lua

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil
Cuylle Wennberg Kakko

maybe switch Chytil and Wennberg? IMO with Chytil in between Cuylle and Kakko, they'd produce 5v5. Or drop Wennberg to the 4th and play Ros. We do have some crazy depth

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
It’s a ridiculous discussion, if Chytil is healthy, he’s playing and Rempe is not going to play over Goodrow or Vesey, he’s coming out of the lineup.
I know. It actually hurts that some people can’t understand it.

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil
Cuylle Wennberg Kakko

maybe switch Chytil and Wennberg? IMO with Chytil in between Cuylle and Kakko, they'd produce 5v5. Or drop Wennberg to the 4th and play Ros. We do have some crazy depth
I’m thinking the zib line is “fine”. Zibs started to play more physical the last few games, and that’s the version we need, and guess what they started to produce 5v5.

Wennberg on the 4th is just an insane level of depth, and creates an absolute shutdown line.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I know. It actually hurts that some people can’t understand it.

I’m thinking the zib line is “fine”. Zibs started to play more physical the last few games, and that’s the version we need, and guess what they started to produce 5v5.

Wennberg on the 4th is just an insane level of depth, and creates an absolute shutdown line.
we see that for a game or two. I really hope he brings it to another level or two. Mika May would help us dramatically

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Why play Rempe? There are only copious reports about how the dressing room and energy is vastly different with him in the lineup.

W/ Rempe 14-2-1
W/O Rempe 6-5

Sit Roslovic. Sit Vesey.
I like the idea of rempe, but rempe the actual player? God no.
With Rempe 14-2-1
Without Rempe 41-21-3

Rempe was a 6th round pick. He does a single thing well.
He should not be replacing NHL players who do other things better.
Rempe should not be in the lineup to start the playoffs.
Rempe plays on average 5 minutes of ice time per game. he gets 60% of his starts in the offensive zone. and yet somehow considering his skill is forchecking and pressure, the team has a corsi of 49% when he's on the ice.

He is not a legit NHL player at this time. I'd rather play ryan reaves than rempe, and I hated having Reaves in the lineup.

You win NHL games by doing things better than the other team.
You outscore them, You defend better than them, You out hit them. You get better goaltending.
The problem with the "out hit them model" is its the exact game the caps want us to play.
They want low event hockey. They want low skill hockey, because they don't have the skill to compete with us.
Rempe isn't gonna suddenly stop the caps from hitting us, he'll just encourage the game to ramp up in that direction, plus he's going to force the lines 1-3 to play even more, which means they'll potentially be less effective in a tighter game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers should not lose this series but it’s not going to be easy.

Thing to keep an eye on; Capitals very good in tight, one goal games. That can translate to the playoffs.

Rangers, who historically don’t, need to just be dropping the hammer here

Reactions: UnSandvich

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I like the idea of rempe, but rempe the actual player? God no.
With Rempe 14-2-1
Without Rempe 41-21-3

Rempe was a 6th round pick. He does a single thing well.
He should not be replacing NHL players who do other things better.
Rempe should not be in the lineup to start the playoffs.
Rempe plays on average 5 minutes of ice time per game. he gets 60% of his starts in the offensive zone. and yet somehow considering his skill is forchecking and pressure, the team has a corsi of 49% when he's on the ice.

He is not a legit NHL player at this time. I'd rather play ryan reaves than rempe, and I hated having Reaves in the lineup.

You win NHL games by doing things better than the other team.
You outscore them, You defend better than them, You out hit them. You get better goaltending.
The problem with the "out hit them model" is its the exact game the caps want us to play.
They want low event hockey. They want low skill hockey, because they don't have the skill to compete with us.
Rempe isn't gonna suddenly stop the caps from hitting us, he'll just encourage the game to ramp up in that direction, plus he's going to force the lines 1-3 to play even more, which means they'll potentially be less effective in a tighter game.
Rempe is going to play until Chytil is ready to go.

Reactions: hardnosed

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
The fact that you have to resort to games in October to prove your point is insane. Even then, their record pales in comparison to when Rempe has been in the lineup. If the difference between winning and losing in your mind is Brodzinski’s extra four minutes and 3% extra CF%, you have lost the plot. “This is what the Caps want us to do” is not a valid argument. You play your game, not their’s. You play Rempe because you play better when he is in the lineup. I’ll trust the reporters who have been around the team and notice the change in demeanor and attitude when he is playing.

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Rangers should not lose this series but it’s not going to be easy.

Thing to keep an eye on; Capitals very good in tight, one goal games. That can translate to the playoffs.

Rangers, who historically don’t, need to just be dropping the hammer here
Don’t the rangers have the best record in one goal games this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad