Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That’s right. That’s how that works.

I don’t really find game from November relevant to how the team is playing going into the playoffs. I’ll use 35% of a season sample that we have.

But why 11 and not 20? It's completely random and disingenuous. Also, if the team IS playing different now it's not because of Rempe or lack there of. Your analytical skills are not very good.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
There were 82 games this season and Rempe played in 17 yet you randomly use only the 11 he missed since he got inserted into the lineup
That's a very good point I noticed too. Washington was lucky to play 4 games against us when we were a sub .500 team.
You see the irony here right? The team is different at different points of the year so it’s more honest to compare games from the same timeframe when the only variable was Rempe rather than comparing to the hottest streak in Ranger history early in the year

Reactions: HolyHagelin

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You see the irony here right? The team is different at different points of the year so it’s more honest to compare games from the same timeframe when the only variable was Rempe rather than comparing to the hottest streak in Ranger history early in the year

Rempe is not the only variable. He's a 4th liner. 11 games since Rempe came in is a small sample size and arbitrary. The Rangers didn't automatically get worse without Rempe after the Stadium Series game because Rempe was inserted in some games since the Stadium Series.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
In the games that rempe played, the team had a 67 win pace.
Over a 17 game sample. Now lets look at the teams opponents.

NYI - W
DAL - W
NJD - W
PHI - W
CBJ -L
CBJ - W
TOR - OTL
FLA - L
STL - W
NJD - W
BOS - W
FLA - W
PHI - W
NJD - W
MTL - W
NYI - W
OTT - W

So we had 7 games against playoff opponents. of those playoff opponents and 8 of them versus bottom feeders. We lost against CBJ and FLA, with the OTL to toronto.
So against teams we should've beaten we were 9-1. Great, we're feasting on bad teams. But rempe didnt change that outcome.
Against the other playoff teams we were 5-1-1 Not a 67 win pace. Remember that 2 of those games were versus the islanders, a very mid playoff team right now.

Seriously Rempe is not changing the outcome of a game at this point in his career, especially with how poor his play is. If he was, he'd be in the lineup.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Over a 17 game sample. Now lets look at the teams opponents.

NYI - W
DAL - W
NJD - W
PHI - W
CBJ -L
CBJ - W
TOR - OTL
FLA - L
STL - W
NJD - W
BOS - W
FLA - W
PHI - W
NJD - W
MTL - W
NYI - W
OTT - W

So we had 7 games against playoff opponents. of those playoff opponents and 8 of them versus bottom feeders. We lost against CBJ and FLA, with the OTL to toronto.
So against teams we should've beaten we were 9-1. Great, we're feasting on bad teams. But rempe didnt change that outcome.
Against the other playoff teams we were 5-1-1 Not a 67 win pace. Remember that 2 of those games were versus the islanders, a very mid playoff team right now.

Seriously Rempe is not changing the outcome of a game at this point in his career, especially with how poor his play is. If he was, he'd be in the lineup.
Did you just say that my entirely correct statistic is incorrect because you think some of the games shouldn’t count? Because that is what it looks like here.

ETA - a 67 win/82 games team would play the games against the bad teams too, and 5-1-1 against playoff teams is still awesome.

Teams are not building blocks of skillsets assembled on a spreadsheet, they are people that have to work together.

If you’ve ever worked for periods of time with groups of more than 10 people, you should have noticed that there are some that don’t seem to be as productive as the others, but everyone else is off their game when that person calls out for the day or is on vacation.

When you find that guy, and you are running a team - be it construction, machining, sales, or sports - you keep him on the squad. In reality, it doesn’t matter what specifically about them raises everyone else’s level, only that it does.

I'm referring to disingenuously only including game he didn't play since he got inserted in the lineup. Also, attributing the wins to a 4th liner is comical.
Which is why I reduced the focus to only the games he played in. It clarifies the muddy waters.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Did you just say that my entirely correct statistic is incorrect because you think some of the games shouldn’t count? Because that is what it looks like here.

ETA - a 67 win/82 games team would play the games against the bad teams too, and 5-1-1 against playoff teams is still awesome.

Teams are not building blocks of skillsets assembled on a spreadsheet, they are people that have to work together.

If you’ve ever worked for periods of time with groups of more than 10 people, you should have noticed that there are some that don’t seem to be as productive as the others, but everyone else is off their game when that person calls out for the day or is on vacation.

When you find that guy, and you are running a team - be it construction, machining, sales, or sports - you keep him on the squad. In reality, it doesn’t matter what specifically about them raises everyone else’s level, only that it does.

Which is why I reduced the focus to only the games he played in. It clarifies the muddy waters.

It's highly unlikely that a 4th liner is the reason for that record. This is like when people were convinced that Sean Avery is the greatest winner since Alexander the Great.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
IMG-1970.jpg

New poster arrived just in time for playoffs. I will hang it next to Kaapo

Yo where did you get this?

The chess pic not the kakko lol

It's highly unlikely that a 4th liner is the reason for that record. This is like when people were convinced that Sean Avery is the greatest winner since Alexander the Great.

Avery actually played in the top 9 and was good when he wasn’t being an idiot.

If Rempe had Avery impacts everyone would want him in the lineup and he’d be playing way more.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

I clarified that you gave a sample size of 17 games, but that we basically played as expected during those 17 games.
Rempe’s presence in the games changed absolutely nothing. We were a good team before him, and a good team without him.
And as others have said. His on ice production, is more likely to cost the team a game, than win them a game.
The second that concept flips, everyone will want him to play.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
But why 11 and not 20? It's completely random and disingenuous. Also, if the team IS playing different now it's not because of Rempe or lack there of. Your analytical skills are not very good.
Why would we analyze games that he wasn’t a possibility for the lineup?

But, tell me again how games from December are important

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
I clarified that you gave a sample size of 17 games, but that we basically played as expected during those 17 games.
Rempe’s presence in the games changed absolutely nothing. We were a good team before him, and a good team without him.
And as others have said. His on ice production, is more likely to cost the team a game, than win them a game.
The second that concept flips, everyone will want him to play.
Their record proves this to not be the case. Since Rempe became an option for the lineup, they have been a completely different team with him on or off the ice

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Except that by all reports, the locker room is a completely different place when he is dressed.

And Lav must certainly agree because he is playing over Brodzinski

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why would we analyze games that he wasn’t a possibility for the lineup?

But, tell me again how games from December are important

Because we're analyzing his impact in our lineup, a lineup that existed long before he entered the league. So we're 32 games over NHL .500. Since he played his first game the Rangers are 12 games over .500 in games he played. Since that time they're 1 game over .500 in games without him. So before he joined the Rangers the Rangers were 19 games over .500 without him. So the Rangers over the course of the season are so different as a team that they went from 19 games above .500 without him to 1 game over .500 without him. And the reason for the change in record is this transformation in the team over the course of one season. A transformation that conveniently took place the second he got inserted into the lineup in the stadium series. All of a sudden the team's makeup went from noy reliant on a 4th liner to completely reliant on a 4th liner. Or you know maybe this is the nature of data and small sample sizes. No, it's the magical powers of Rempe transforming the team exactly as he entered the league. I sure hope you don't have a job that has any analytical rigor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad