Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Except that by all reports, the locker room is a completely different place when he is dressed.

And Lav must certainly agree because he is playing over Brodzinski

The magic powers of a 4th line rookie. Also magically before the stadium series the lockerroom didn't need a 4th line rookie to transform the team.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Yo where did you get this?

The chess pic not the kakko lol

Avery actually played in the top 9 and was good when he wasn’t being an idiot.

If Rempe had Avery impacts everyone would want him in the lineup and he’d be playing way more.
Found it online then used replicate.com AI to upscale it so it wouldn’t be pixelated as shit then printful.com to print frame and ship it to me.
Original image https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/...AABAJiCA-6c3322cd4e4c9bddc234df1455eae0fc.jpg

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Except that by all reports, the locker room is a completely different place when he is dressed.

And Lav must certainly agree because he is playing over Brodzinski
You’ve yet to cite source for “locker room vibes” and he’s playing over brodzinski. That’s not chytil or wennberg.
That’s not even vesey.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If it goes 6 this team doesn't deserve to move on. And they'll fizzle out by round 3 if they make it there. They need to close this series out in 5 max.

Enough of the lazy gentlemanly attitude.

Killer instinct. Foot on the throat. Put games and teams away and move on.

Problem is this vet core hasn't shown what it takes in the playoffs. Letting inferior teams push their backs against the wall in every series they've played.
I agree in theory. But it is also entirely possible it goes 6 games and we dominate all 6. A hot goalie can do a lot. If that's the case then I'm ok with it. If it goes 6 and we look like shit in 3 of the games, then I do completely agree.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
During the 23/24 NHL regular season there were only 6 teams with above 41 regulation wins:

Winnipeg 46
Carolina 44
Vancouver 44
Rangers 43
Colorado 43
Florida 42

since there is no 5x5 in regular season overtime RW is the only stat that matters that’s where the Rubber meets the road.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
The magic powers of a 4th line rookie. Also magically before the stadium series the lockerroom didn't need a 4th line rookie to transform the team.
It’s almost like the season ebbs and flows and things from October no longer matter.

See: Blues

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It’s almost like the season ebbs and flows and things from October no longer matter.

See: Blues

Ok, you're using one of the biggest outliers in NHL history. Also the Rangers have been consistent all year except for December and January. So what you're saying the ebb and flow went from the team not being reliant at all on a 4th line rookie to being completely reliant on a 4th line rookie. So the team depreciated so much? Also, all of this magically took place when Matt motherf***ing Rempe rode in on his white horse in the Stadium Series.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
People wondering why Rempe is playing have a short memory. If this team left him out tomorrow and they got bullied around everyone would say it was dumb to leave him out. In the end they will just play him sparingly but enough to send a message and send some fear into their D.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Ok, you're using one of the biggest outliers in NHL history. Also the Rangers have been consistent all year except for December and January. So what you're saying the ebb and flow went from the team not being reliant at all on a 4th line rookie to being completely reliant on a 4th line rookie. So the team depreciated so much? Also, all of this magically took place when Matt motherf***ing Rempe rode in on his white horse in the Stadium Series.
Did I say completely reliant or are you making that strawman up to help prove your point? I think we both know it is the latter.

The team plays better since Rempe became an option. No seven paragraph post can refute that

Reactions: HolyHagelin

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Did I say completely reliant or are you making that strawman up to help prove your point? I think we both know it is the latter.

The team plays better since Rempe became an option. No seven paragraph post can refute that

The record you showed suggests that he had a massive influence. And "when Rempe became an option" once again a completely arbitrary date.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's highly unlikely that a 4th liner is the reason for that record. This is like when people were convinced that Sean Avery is the greatest winner since Alexander the Great.
I’m mean that’s kind of the “toughness” argument right? We got Reaves and he was supposed to be a deterrent and offered nothing. Rempe is basically that except he isn’t at the end of his career. It’s the same logic but Rempe is better than Reaves

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The most skilled teams usually don’t win. You can keep pretending like Rempe’s game-changing physicality isn’t a big deal, and you will keep being wrong.
Absolutely wrong take. Tampa was the most talented during their run. Colorado too. Caps, Chicago, Pens, Detroit etc etc. Yes these teams could grind out wins too but they were supremely talented at the core.
Rempe argument has little to do with this point btw.

Reactions: IDvsEGO

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Now please elaborate (a few sentences would suffice) why a 4th liner who plays 5 min a game had such an impact and how it would fit into post-regular season performance (it also doesn’t require an essay to confirm that playoffs are different from a regular season).

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Did you just say that my entirely correct statistic is incorrect because you think some of the games shouldn’t count? Because that is what it looks like here.

ETA - a 67 win/82 games team would play the games against the bad teams too, and 5-1-1 against playoff teams is still awesome.

Teams are not building blocks of skillsets assembled on a spreadsheet, they are people that have to work together.

If you’ve ever worked for periods of time with groups of more than 10 people, you should have noticed that there are some that don’t seem to be as productive as the others, but everyone else is off their game when that person calls out for the day or is on vacation.

When you find that guy, and you are running a team - be it construction, machining, sales, or sports - you keep him on the squad. In reality, it doesn’t matter what specifically about them raises everyone else’s level, only that it does.

Which is why I reduced the focus to only the games he played in. It clarifies the muddy waters.
His big addition is that by playing 6 or fewer minutes the better players play more.

Rempe is gonna lose us a game before he wins us one
But he'll make fans feel better about their lives when he punches someone in the face.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Now please elaborate (a few sentences would suffice) why a 4th liner who plays 5 min a game had such an impact and how it would fit into post-regular season performance (it also doesn’t require an essay to confirm that playoffs are different from a regular season).
Hits, energy, deterrence, fan involvement, distraction to opponents.

But, I don’t even need that. I get to just point to the record

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Yup, all of these can get team up to play with more intensity during a loooooong regular season. If a team can’t master it without a rempe in the playoffs - that team is doomed. On the other hand if one player only plays 5 min - it means more minutes for other players - these minutes could add up to be a detriment at some point during playoff grind.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

LMAO point to the record. :rolleyes:

As if the team wasn't in first for the entire season before he arrived. Let's be real. Rempe is fun as f*** to watch but sucks at hockey.

And fan involvement...ok. The fans at MSG suck. No team is scared to play there. This coming from a STH.

Reactions: IDvsEGO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad