Confirmed with Link: Rangers Claim Roman Hamrlik

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Difference makers.

Everytime people ask me 'well who would you have picked/aquired?', the answer is always ' someone who can make a difference out there ' . That always doesn't have to be your top scorers, just make a difference, don't just do your job, do it better !

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Neither of you got what I was saying. :laugh:

What I was saying is that it is not uncommon for a young player to come up and try to play it safe. See Kreider as an example. See Hagelin at last years TC.

It doesn't mean they are crap. It just means they need a bit more time to work on their confidence and knowing what they have to do to be successful every shift.

I don't think Kreider is playing it safe. He's just thinking too much.

Like I said before, for what Mashinter is presumably asked to do, the biggest thing you need is a willingness to do the job. In the Montreal game, the Rangers were pushed around and embarrassed. And Mashinter didn't show a willingness to do his job.

BrutuS

Jul 24, 2007
Anaheim
Calgary
Carolina
Minnesota
Nashville
San Jose

have never had a 1st overall
4 of those 5 franchises are less than 20 years old... lolz

I'm sorry... what?

1. Anaheim - 1993 - 20 years
2. Calgary - 1972 (Atlanta Flames moved to Calgary in 1980) - 41 years
3. Carolina - 1971 (Hartford Whalers, joined NHL in 1979, moved to Carolina in 1997) - 34 years in NHL
4. Minnesota - 2000 (franchise founded in 1997, started play in 2000) - 13 years
5. Nashville - 1998 (franchise founded in 1997, started play in 1998) - 15 years
6. San Jose - 1991 (franchise can be traced back to the Oakland Seals founded in 1968, moved to Cleveland, merged with the North Stars and then the franchise was essentially split into the North Stars and the 'expansion' Sharks) 22 years (since split)

Yes I know it's more than slightly off topic but I wanted to address that...

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Hammer did some nice things. Could tell he's a vet and just has a great understanding of positioning and when to make plays with the stick. He's slow and he's out of shape but that will improve a bit when he does get into some better shape. He's not being asked to do a lot with the Rangers. Just be the 6th dman and not required to cause any offense.

And in my opinion, Eminger has been pretty good. Gilroy I think is awful where Eminger actually brings a hitting element to a defense that doesn't hit very much.

Vickers8

Hammer did some nice things. Could tell he's a vet and just has a great understanding of positioning and when to make plays with the stick. He's slow and he's out of shape but that will improve a bit when he does get into some better shape. .

Just reminded me of Strals 1st game all he did was stick check everybody, but he worked out good, Hammer is smart, using positioning and his stick to his adv.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Hammer did some nice things. Could tell he's a vet and just has a great understanding of positioning and when to make plays with the stick. He's slow and he's out of shape but that will improve a bit when he does get into some better shape. He's not being asked to do a lot with the Rangers. Just be the 6th dman and not required to cause any offense.

And in my opinion, Eminger has been pretty good. Gilroy I think is awful where Eminger actually brings a hitting element to a defense that doesn't hit very much.

I think Gilroy and Eminger have both proved to be solid 6th D-men option. Gilroy belongs more in that 7th spot, where he plays here and there depending on matchups. But after watching the past few games you just wonder how Eminger ever played behind Bickel.

Hamrlik gives the Rangers that 6 dman spot that they were really searching for. It's a great move and with the solid play of Eminger and Gilroy, Rangers have some defensive depth as they approach the second half of the season.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
hey look Hamrlik already benched, Torts is a hoot

Conditioning needs to get better apparently

Punxrocknyc19*

hey look Hamrlik already benched, Torts is a hoot

Conditioning needs to get better apparently

he hasnt played in over a month on a bad Caps defensive team. i dunno what that tells you... he has looked good in the past and was always a solid dman... i hope he rebounds..

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Eminger looked out of his element last night.

I didn't really notice him last night. I was at the Ranger/Islander game, and I felt he played a very good game that night.

You have to ask yourself what the Rangers were thinking when they resigned Eminger and brought in Gilroy. They obviously had the cap space for this season, so I think Sather did a lousy job bringing in defensive depth which was obviously a glaring hole in the playoffs last season. There were some quality players that could have been brought in on 1 year deals. Personally, I wanted Rozsival but there were other players available as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad