Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Islanders - December 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Apples and oranges. We looked terrible out of the gate last year. Both eye test and stats showed it didn't match our record.

This year, we didn't just have a top record in hockey, we LOOKED like a top team. I thinks its a big difference.

At its core, it was the same though. This season and last season we were (are) a bad shot attempt team riding a ridiculously high PDO. Last year it was goalie based, this year it was shooting percentage based.

Rangers looked like a top team through maybe ten games this year. Since then, it's been absolute trash. League worst trash.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
hank sits

hes putting us down early and not making routine saves he should make in his sleep. its pretty much 1 or 2 softies every game now.

he's got some issues for sure and i am no longer confident when he starts.

his whole demeanor is off. his balance sucks and he's being beaten on shots he should stop.

bad luck is one thing but this is way more than bad luck.

his head isnt on straight. time to take a seat and let raanta play a stretch of games.

I agree with you about Hank, but the Bold, to me, implies that there is something ELSE wrong with this team... I'm not sure if it's the head coach, the morale, or an issue with the other coaching staff, but something is going to have to change soon.

I have a feeling AV is relieved of head coaching duties at the end of the season.

I'm not sure, at this point I'm almost hoping for them to miss the playoffs AGAIN and get a decent draft pick--this team isn't winning **** with this defense

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Let's steer this convo back towards players who played last night. Tanner Glass has his own thread if for some reason you feel the need to discuss him.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I think someone needs to start an "Injury Update" thread. I can't find one in the recent posts but we really need one, unfortunately. :(

Edited to add: I would start one but I have no info.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Let's steer this convo back towards players who played last night. Tanner Glass has his own thread if for some reason you feel the need to discuss him.

Off-topic, there is a thread ignore feature ya?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They lost to the best team in the NHL. That tends to happen.
They played like crap from November on and got their doors blown off by the best team in the NHL. They were not even competitive. Neither the former nor the latter should tend to happen.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Apples and oranges. We looked terrible out of the gate last year. Both eye test and stats showed it didn't match our record.

This year, we didn't just have a top record in hockey, we LOOKED like a top team. I thinks its a big difference.
They LOOKED like a top team when allowed to play pond hockey. When the other teams decided to play on a hokey rink as opposed to on a pond, they have looked like anything but a top team.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
They played like crap from November on and got their doors blown off by the best team in the NHL. They were not even competitive. Neither the former nor the latter should tend to happen.

I'm unsure of what your point is. Pitt was much better than the Rangers and beat them easily.

Are you angry that the Rangers lost to Pitt or that they were not a better team?

Are you saying that the Rangers should always be competitive against the best team in a playoff series?

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
They LOOKED like a top team when allowed to play pond hockey. When the other teams decided to play on a hokey rink as opposed to on a pond, they have looked like anything but a top team.

I'm pretty sure the Penguins, Blues, Capitals, Oilers, Lightning and Bruins didn't allow is to play pond hockey. We simply outplayed them and several teams outright admitted to how stunned they were.

I agree we can prob use more depth in the Kunitz mold, as you mentioned, but we're not void of it. We also have the ability to roll 4 extremely effective lines with scoring ability, when healthy. A claim not even the best can often make.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Isn't that like....the whole point?

Of course it's the goal, but every fan base feels like that about their team. Sometimes other teams are just better. Not sure why to be upset about it when it doesn't work out.
Well, of course I understand it, but it's an unrealistic thing to attain every season.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think someone needs to start an "Injury Update" thread. I can't find one in the recent posts but we really need one, unfortunately. :(

Edited to add: I would start one but I have no info.

Yes, I`m worried about our injuries too.

Another interesting point is that our blueline have only scored 10 goals total this season - I expect much more from our defensive core and their overall contribution as well especially Ryan Mc. our captain. with only 1 goal so far this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad