Confirmed with Link: Rangers Agree to Terms with Goalie Ondrej Pavelec

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
One year and they have plenty of cap-space, the guy has had some great years and some horrific ones. The Rangers always seem to get the most out of their back-ups so this is one position I am not going to harp on a signing for. Let's see if BA can work his magic once again.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
never was much of a fan of this guy. hope he can learn something from Allaire and apply it to the games he starts.

one year deal, can't complain much. possibly the cheapest backup option out there, tbh

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Fine with this. A couple hundred thousand more than I'd want to pay, but for one year it's nothing.

Who are we missing out on with that extra 2 or 3k ?

When are people gonna accept the fact that the majority of our signings will always be a few hundred k more cause it's New York. And that's fine.

When was the last time we missed out on an ufa because of a few hundred k? Sather lowballing Zidlicky ?

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
Who are we missing out on with that extra 2 or 3k ?

When are people gonna accept the fact that the majority of our signings will always be a few hundred k more cause it's New York. And that's fine.

When was the last time we missed out on an ufa because of a few hundred k? Sather lowballing Zidlicky ?

Especially considering the fact that it's for one year which makes any slight overpayment meaningless.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Last time we had all these Czechs, it was because we had Captain Czech, aka Jagr.... Bring him back!!!!

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
If Hank doesn't suck as much as large parts of last (regular) season and Allaire can work some magic, Pavelec should be fine for 25 or so games. If it's really a 1 year deal it's totally ok. He wasn't signing for under $1M.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Basically flipped Stepan and Raanta for Andersson, DeAngelo, Pavelec, and a few million in cap space.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
he is only 2 years removed from a .920 save % so hopefully benny can fix whatever went wrong the last 2 seasons

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I used to love him when he first came in the league but not a fan the last few years. Hopefully Allaire can fix him. If not, gonna be doing this again next year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He has a lot of natural talent. He could be a really good backup. And if he sucks we can hey rid of him and find someone else. Goalies never have much trade value so I'm sure we could find someone else for cheap if he doesn't work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad