Confirmed with Link: Rangers Agree to Terms with Goalie Ondrej Pavelec

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Get him working with Allaire yesterday!
This, so much this.
Tank train is full steam ahead. Pavelec is awful
He really is, with that said......change of scenery (for the better) better team, and an outstanding goalie coach that will tweak this and tweak that.

It's my belief that as good as Benoit is, he has to KNOW what his defense brings and what tactics his goaltenders should use.
With this year's defensive overhaul......will take a bit of time, but maybe he will recognize something right away that will help Pavelec.

I never thought much good about him, and would have much preferred Nilsson (but he got a whopping 2.5 mil from Vancouver and Kuemper was my other choice and landed in L.A. for a mere 650,000. Would've went in that direction.
That 300,000 extra for Pavelec really was wasting money though. Should've paid no more than a mil.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Well.. has anyone seen him so far? How's he doing? Did Allaire work some magic or does it appear Pavelec is hopeless?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I think Pavelec will be good for you guys.
If the King stays healthy it likely means Pavelec won't get much more than 25 games.
Pavelec's issues are ....he isn't starting material and he was was not able to maintain mental sharpness when playing a heavy workload.
That isn't on Pavelec that's on the Jets for trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
I bet you get .915 out of him in limited starts which is better than his .907 career.
He sometimes gets way out of position but can up with mind boggling saves.
I'm glad he's gone but wish him well.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm not terribly concerned about Pavelec when it comes to serving as a backup.

If there's one thing we can say, it's that the Rangers have routinely seemed to find solid backups for Lundqvist over the years.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I'm not terribly concerned about Pavelec when it comes to serving as a backup.

If there's one thing we can say, it's that the Rangers have routinely seemed to find solid backups for Lundqvist over the years.

Didn't GG mention something close to this today in his presser?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Didn't GG mention something close to this today in his presser?

Admittedly, I couldn't tell you. I didn't listen or see the presser.

But we'd have to go back to 2009 to find a year where the Rangers had a reasonable degree of uncertainty with regards to their backup goalie situation.

Interestingly enough, from a pure numbers standpoint, Lundqvist's backups have posted stats better or just about equal to him for the last four years. And even Biron was right in the mix for 2 out of 3 years. Obviously that's not a totally fair comparison based on the games they played, etc. But it is an interesting tidbit.

Needless to say, I can't say I am worried.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Admittedly, I couldn't tell you. I didn't listen or see the presser.

But we'd have to go back to 2009 to find a year where the Rangers had a reasonable degree of uncertainty with regards to their backup goalie situation.

Interestingly enough, from a pure numbers standpoint, Lundqvist's backups have posted stats better or just about equal to him for the last four years. And even Biron was right in the mix for 2 out of 3 years. Obviously that's not a totally fair comparison based on the games they played, etc. But it is an interesting tidbit.

Needless to say, I can't say I am worried.

Generally easier to put up high numbers playing a smaller number of games it seems. We can see when Talbot went to Edmonton his numbers obviously dipped, though remained good for a starter last year

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Generally easier to put up high numbers playing a smaller number of games it seems. We can see when Talbot went to Edmonton his numbers obviously dipped, though remained good for a starter last year

Without a doubt.

The point being that the Rangers generally do a good job of finding backups and those guys perform at an acceptable level.

It's not the truck off the cliff scenario that we seem to fear whenever we have a new backup in town.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->