Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire D Chad Ruhwedel from Pittsburgh for a 2027 4th round pick

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
ftr
I wanted us to draft Dobson instead of Krav, and be at least a little smarter w/some of our picks. That said, what's done is done and I'm glad the future was not further substantially mortgaged than it already is.

That said, while we can hope to get lucky, smart play here is less emergency insurance protection and we don't play this guy and then, we need him, he isn't ready, but rather to get max mins out of this guy and Jone and pref Robertson vs weaker teams so we can rest our actual D corps as much as possible.
Robertson doesn’t seem to be in the picture right now.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Drury overpaid because captain Jacob Trouba is out for around 2-3 weeks, per GM Chris Drury.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Ruhwedel isn't a guy you ride or die with in your top 4 but he's a very fine 3rd pairing or 7th defenseman
This.

Drury wanted another defenseman for depth more than anything else. The injury to Trouba, which the Rangers knew the severity long before we did, added a right hand wrinkle. Ruhwedel has playoff experience and he brings some sandpaper. A much better pickup Dumba, who has been awful and will probably be out of the league next year.

ftr
I wanted us to draft Dobson instead of Krav, and be at least a little smarter w/some of our picks. That said, what's done is done and I'm glad the future was not further substantially mortgaged than it already is.

That said, while we can hope to get lucky, smart play here is less emergency insurance protection and we don't play this guy and then, we need him, he isn't ready, but rather to get max mins out of this guy and Jone and pref Robertson vs weaker teams so we can rest our actual D corps as much as possible.
And I wanted to draft Bossy instead of DeBlois.

No one cares.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This.

Drury wanted another defenseman for depth more than anything else. The injury to Trouba, which the Rangers knew the severity long before we did, added a right hand wrinkle. Ruhwedel has playoff experience and he brings some sandpaper. A much better pickup Dumba, who has been awful and will probably be out of the league next year.

And I wanted to draft Bossy instead of DeBlois.

No one cares.
No, caring is important to avoid making -> minimizing mistakes.
We all make the time and effort to chat so there is a competition o ideas o that purpose.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yup for that kind of player . Could've had better on waivers
We will see about that as he is going to play now. A 2027 4th rounder is basically a player that won't be drafted for 3 years, has less than a 20% chance of playing in the NHL, and even if he did buck the odds he wouldn't be in the league until 2030. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I saw something with Brian Boyle talking about Ruhwedel a couple days ago. Boyle played with him on the Penguins and really liked him. His take---he's a guy who can sit for a while without complaining and be ready to go when you need him. He's not going to put up points. He doesn't take pm's though either and he plays a pretty physical and safe game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I saw something with Brian Boyle talking about Ruhwedel a couple days ago. Boyle played with him on the Penguins and really liked him. His take---he's a guy who can sit for a while without complaining and be ready to go when you need him. He's not going to put up points. He doesn't take pm's though either and he plays a pretty physical and safe game.

Yep, I heard this as well. Great segment.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
ftr

Do you have to begin every post reminding us you wanted to draft Dobson instead of Kravtsov?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
no, of course not EVERY post
and even just a min in general, so as to silence those who are sharply critical of me in real time, when after the fact, I was often correct.

I accept being called out when I'm wrong when that is actually the case.
But I must be able to push back when we see it is not and I am falsely accused.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Haha, 2027 4th rounder!!!!!! Next contract given by Drury I'm expecting you complaining about $50k difference to your expectations.
Well he actually does pay at least 50k plus more than others 😄 he likes to give that extra quarter million or more usually.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
no, of course not EVERY post
and even just a min in general, so as to silence those who are sharply critical of me in real time, when after the fact, I was often correct.

I accept being called out when I'm wrong when that is actually the case.
But I must be able to push back when we see it is not and I am falsely accused.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
ftr

I think you can make that claim for most NYR fans. Very few wanted Kravtsov over Dobson, and even after they pumped Krav to the moon, it still didn't make sense.

Why did we recall Scanlin if we have Ruhwedel?
Like @kovazub94 said, we need a healthy scratch and Mackey is hurt.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad