Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire D Chad Ruhwedel from Pittsburgh for a 2027 4th round pick

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Schneider, Kreider UND Ruhwedel... (sounds really funny in German, at least to me... :p)

what's the plan here?

Last edited:

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
After spending some time thinking about it, a 4th for Ruhwedel is not in any way, shape or form an overpay, but rather The Best Move Possible by Drury, a Truly Great GM. I say this even knowing that Dumba fetched a 5th and Erik Johnson a 4th.

Drury also makes the Best Pizza Available, if anyone wants to know.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
After spending some time thinking about it, a 4th for Ruhwedel is not in any way, shape or form an overpay, but rather The Best Move Possible by Drury, a Truly Great GM. I say this even knowing that Dumba fetched a 5th and Erik Johnson a 4th.

I sense sarcasm

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have a feeling he is here for a reason…e.g something may be wrong with Trouba
If that is the case and trouba will be out long term (i mean playoffs) than its not a horrible deal.

But if he is here just to sit in the press box for a majority of his stay its a bad deal

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I mean I haven't checked their stats lately but I feel pretty sure that Dumba isn't the player he used to be and Johnson has been pretty bad for awhile now

Ruhwedel isn't a guy you ride or die with in your top 4 but he's a very fine 3rd pairing or 7th defenseman

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I have a feeling he is here for a reason…e.g something may be wrong with Trouba
ftr
I wanted us to draft Dobson instead of Krav, and be at least a little smarter w/some of our picks. That said, what's done is done and I'm glad the future was not further substantially mortgaged than it already is.

That said, while we can hope to get lucky, smart play here is less emergency insurance protection and we don't play this guy and then, we need him, he isn't ready, but rather to get max mins out of this guy and Jone and pref Robertson vs weaker teams so we can rest our actual D corps as much as possible.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
With Trouba out 2-3 weeks, rouweedhle will play and he has shown he can play competent 3rd pairing minutes. Schneider is gonna show he belongs in top 4 and this is all to say that it’s a good deal for us

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I like saying his name but hate spelling it. Please be good. Drury’s taste in depth defense has been putrid until Gus. Continue the positive trend.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
With Trouba out 2-3 weeks, rouweedhle will play and he has shown he can play competent 3rd pairing minutes. Schneider is gonna show he belongs in top 4 and this is all to say that it’s a good deal for us

Definitely wanted to see Schneider get the opportunity, but it's unfortunate it's like this.

Does Lav finally change up the pairings? Or does he just bump it all forward?

Jones/Ruhwedel is a small pairing if it comes to that.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Dude randomly is a rebound machine…?

1709941819658.png

Reactions: NYR Viper

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Was thinking Dubas should have given us this guy for free considering the rangers probably raised the price he got for Guentzel. But then i checked what Pitt got for Guentzel. Better just leave that be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad