Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire D Chad Ruhwedel from Pittsburgh for a 2027 4th round pick

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Has good metrics. Seems like a great deadline depth move

*Looks at his actual numbers*

rEIZmz5.gif

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Zucker and a cap hit of more than 5 million went for a sixth . This year.
Yes, would rather have traded our 2027 4th for him then a 7 d.

Sorry, i just dont think ruwhedal is good. Pitt fans dont think he is good. This was a decent asset we just wasted on a person who we hope doesnt have to play much for us.

Again why not just trade a 6th this year for him. That is more like his actual value.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I got ruhwedwel from reading this
WHEREAS, I AM UNDERWHEEDLED.

Don't the Penguins realize that they literally just guaranteed their rivals will NOW win this years' Cup because Chad was the missing piece? Hope Drury doesn't panic and make a stupid overpaying deal as we are now an hour and a half away. At this point, I'd much prefer doing nothing else. Yes, we still need that top6er, but it is what it is.

Reactions: will1066

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Why do I feel Kuzy will do well with Carolina, whereas he would have been a loafer for us?
So Carolina needed scoring, get Kuzy and Guentzel and with their team defense? Oh, but the goaltending.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Sorry, i just dont think ruwhedal is good. Pitt fans dont think he is good. This was a decent asset we just wasted on a person who we hope doesnt have to play much for us.

Again why not just trade a 6th this year for him. That is more like his actual value.
Maybe the cap number Bhamill spoke about is a huge difference. MIght still be trying to make other moves that need cap room.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Maybe the cap number Bhamill spoke about is a huge difference. MIght still be trying to make other moves that need cap room.
Probably is the difference.

Still think if we offered the 2027 4th we could have gotten them to retain. Would rather have Zucker than ruwhedal.

But it is what it is. I have 0 faith in Drurys trading abilities.

Like his drafting. Hate his trades.

Reactions: DekeR

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Woof.

It's like we are allergic to sitting tight and rolling with our roster. Why burn a 4th round pick like this?

Sure it's only a 4th round pick. But Igor Shesterkin was a 4th round pick. This does zero to help us in the playoffs this year and just gives a pick to a division rival.

Reactions: DekeR and Ruggs225

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Probably is the difference.

Still think if we offered the 2027 4th we could have gotten them to retain. Would rather have Zucker than ruwhedal.

But it is what it is. I have 0 faith in Drurys trading abilities.

Like his drafting. Hate his trades.
I suspect Drury has a team involved with drafting, trading and FA signings. I think most teams do.
The Buch trade went bad in part because the young guys we hoped to replace him (KK, Krav) did not fill that role. There was also a contract issue in the mix. Outside of that trade I do not have many problems with the moves we have made.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012

We couldn’t take his 5.3 mil cap hit. We would have needed at least 50% and it would have cost like a 4th this year AND another late pick. Like a 6th.
This move address depth where we need it. For a 4th rounder four drafts from now. The value you are putting on a 4th four years from now is confusing.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Woof.

It's like we are allergic to sitting tight and rolling with our roster. Why burn a 4th round pick like this?

Sure it's only a 4th round pick. But Igor Shesterkin was a 4th round pick. This does zero to help us in the playoffs this year and just gives a pick to a division rival.
So was Andrew Yogan and Michael St. Croix and Ryan Mantha and Brad Morrison and Daniel Bernhardt and and and....

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
If Drury is done and Dolan is unhappy with playoffs, Lav and Drury are unlikely to be here by the end of next season.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
All just leading up to the Crosby deal.....Drury breaking the ice with Dumbass the Pen GM with the gift 4th rounder and then he will swindle him either before or at the draft or maybe even today !!! If such is the case....it works for me . LOL.....it is very unusual deal.....but so was Wennberg deal with the condition involved on that .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad