Rumor: Ranger Scouts watching Colorado tonight.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rather have DZ than Barrie. I'm starting to think it would be stupid to trade DZ because we wont get fair value.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Barrie is a solid player, he's got a lot of offensive tools and skills, RH to boot. He's also having a tough time under Roy this season. Barrie + 2nd for DZ would be a good deal.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Barrie is a solid player, he's got a lot of offensive tools and skills, RH to boot. He's also having a tough time under Roy this season. Barrie + 2nd for DZ would be a good deal.

Lateral deal. He's talented but small and not particularly an established scorer.

He's got tools but hasn't put it together yet.

I still prefer to move him in a package deal Or wait till Draft day.

Barries a good player but not sure he's the guy we should be dealing for.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Barrie is out w an injury 2nite no?

They Vatanen kid scored for the ducks. Maybe a target for girardi

Last edited:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Lateral deal. He's talented but small and not particularly an established scorer.

He's got tools but hasn't put it together yet.

I still prefer to move him in a package deal Or wait till Draft day.

Barries a good player but not sure he's the guy we should be dealing for.

Spot on. Would be far from awful but pretty lateral.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Rather have DZ than Barrie. I'm starting to think it would be stupid to trade DZ because we wont get fair value.

Exactly why DZ is still a Ranger. We're not going to just unload him for scraps, at the very least we'll get a guy with a lot of upside in the same mold as Del Zotto, just needs a change in scenery (as the saying goes)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Barrie fits that bill.

The one thing about Barrie is his wheels. He's got a great stride and is very smooth skating with the puck. Fits in with guys like staal, mcd, Stalin and Moore. A

As good as his wheels are, I'm not sure at 5'10 he's got the size to play a ton of minutes.

I would like him in a rangers jersey just not for del zotto straight up.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I don't know the player or players involved, however this is a reoccurring theme. Rangers scouted them often last season and have been doing so this season with regularity again. Most recently was a few days ago when Dater posted the Rangers had two scouts at Avs/Sens.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
5'10 isn't that small really. It's all about how he plays.

Shattenkirk is a very solid player for the blues. He's not any bigger

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There are some really good D's who've been small but my tendency is to stay away from them. DZ IMO is kind of small.

Rangers had Ruotsolainen but that guy really had some skills. Great skater--and always a dangerous point producer.

Others off the top of my head--Rafalski, Dan Boyle, Zidlicky, Enstrom, Timmonen. Torey Krug has a lot of potential.

Punxrocknyc19*

There are some really good D's who've been small but my tendency is to stay away from them. DZ IMO is kind of small.

Rangers had Ruotsolainen but that guy really had some skills. Great skater--and always a dangerous point producer.

Others off the top of my head--Rafalski, Dan Boyle, Zidlicky, Enstrom, Timmonen. Torey Krug has a lot of potential.

Leetch was not that big either.. same for Mathieu Schneider who was very underrated..

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
Let's get Barrie and the kid from Ducks so we could really be the smallest softest teams in the league. Both guys 5'10 and under...exactly what we need.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He is surrounded by tree trunks....with us they would be the biggest dmen.
o rly?
4 Michael Del Zotto 6' 0" 195
44 Justin Falk 6' 5" 215
5 Dan Girardi 6' 1" 203
27 Ryan McDonagh 6' 1" 213
17 John Moore 6' 3" 202
18 Marc Staal "A" 6' 4" 207
6 Anton Stralman 5' 11" 190

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad