Pre-Game Talk: Rags vs Jets - Sun Feb 11 2:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Little and wheeler played together for so long but for some reason coach doesn't want to put them back together??

Perr Litts Wheels
Ehl Shef Laine
Conn Ros Army
Copp Hendo Dano/petan

Why can't we try that until lowry is back to swap out roslovic

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Not better than Eric Hellebuyck.

View attachment 97013

tenor.gif

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

MasochisticHamster

Nov 5, 2017
Winnipeg
Dang, Maurice was quick to break up LSW, I would've liked to see them get one more game. That and he leaves Myers on the top pairing. Hope they don't lay another egg.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Break up your best line, by a mile, since Scheifele went down, after one game.

Scheifele and Wheeler struggle together, again, and you don't break them up, you break up Perreault and Little who are magic together.

Okay.

Somehow on paper we look like a worse team with Scheifele in the lineup with these lines than we looked without Scheifele with the old lines.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Wouldnt it be a smart thing to break up Wheeler and Scheif? Spread the wealth a bit? Sort of tells me Maurice doesnt really run the room... The players do.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Little and wheeler played together for so long but for some reason coach doesn't want to put them back together??

Perr Litts Wheels
Ehl Shef Laine
Conn Ros Army
Copp Hendo Dano/petan

Why can't we try that until lowry is back to swap out roslovic
Funny, This is almost exactly what I was thinking for lines also:
Laine (lw) Scheif. Ehlers. (rw)
Perreault. Little. Wheeler
Connor. Roslo. Armia
Copy. Lowry. Tanev

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Wouldnt it be a smart thing to break up Wheeler and Scheif? Spread the wealth a bit? Sort of tells me Maurice doesnt really run the room... The players do.

It is 100% because Wheeler and scheif want it so it has to happen. Pretty stupid. Spread out the top 2 guys who can drive a line. We would be such a better team with them split. We have so much talent to go around, but we have prob our best 3 line drivers all together now. ELL was a failure because none of there styles match well, and none of them can really drive a line like Wheeler and Scheifele can

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I find it hard to believe Tanev in particular makes that much of a difference .

Why -
He's more effective than both these guys in the role he plays on the 4th line.
He'll be welcomed back with open arms - we miss his speed, tenacity, and hitting - look no further than the Blues game

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Don't be too shocked if the coach decides to run his lines differently than you or I would - it's not like these two haven't had success playing together and he's willing to give them more than one game since Scheif's return, to prove it.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Last year's Rangers game at MTS was one of those many games that were lost in the final minute.

This year's a different story. Ehlers and Chef are due for some snipes. And Im not just talking about Scheif being hurt. He's due from before that.

4-1 Jerts

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Don't like these lines. Ehlers and Little play like a 4th line when Laine is playing with them. I would have given the LSW line one more game to show something and if they continued to suck I would have promoted Connor/Roslovic to the top line and moved Laine to the 3rd line. I now fully expect that "2nd line" to be a sub-47% Corsi line and spend their shifts in the defensive zone.
Scheifele and Wheeler have actually not been very good together defensively - below par in shot metrics. ELL has also struggled. If Scheifele and Wheeler aren't scoring and the Jets don't have the PP humming, the top-6 hasn't been as effective as they need to be down the stretch.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Hmm, more reasons why PoMo is not a good coach. He is what worries me about the playoffs. He’s killing Helle, Wheeler and Scheif. His lines seem to be put together to please certain players.

Not a fan. He seems unwilling or incapable of making the correct adjustments. We just happen to have a lot of really good players that make it difficult to lose much.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Funny, This is almost exactly what I was thinking for lines also:
Laine (lw) Scheif. Ehlers. (rw)
Perreault. Little. Wheeler
Connor. Roslo. Armia
Copy. Lowry. Tanev

You don’t get why Copp, Lowry, Tanev are and sometimes Armia are the third line and why they play 15-20 minutes per game? Hint it’s starts with D

Reactions: Maukkis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad