Pre-Game Talk: Rags vs Jets - Sun Feb 11 2:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Damn. Was hoping for Pavs and Hutch to square off.
Was hoping to put at least 10 past Pavs.
Did I miss the announcement that Hutch is healthy again?
Looking for a confidence boosting game here.
Seriously contemplating going all-in with the vCashola...

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
At home with the Rangers missing so many d-men and King Henrik being anything but royal lately a loss can not happen, look at the teams behind us they are getting closer and closer and we have been winning to.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I hope this is a clown pounding.
Nothing like a beat down to get back on track.
I’m not worried other than the afternoon thing.
6-1 Jets
GJG

Reactions: kanadalainen

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't care what the score is - I want to see the Jets get back to the style that has brought them success this year. Looked pretty off the past 2 games. Long homestands can be bad because players get into the whole domestic thing, and usually have other PR responsibilities. I'd rather have them had 2 5 game homestands broken up by a 2 or 3 game roadtrip.

The intangible boys need to come back

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I hope this is a clown pounding.
Nothing like a beat down to get back on track.
I’m not worried other than the afternoon thing.
6-1 Jets
GJG

This season, the Jets have responded to a terrible performance with just such a pounding, so it's possible. I hope that the Jets do respond in such a fashion and restore my faith in them after two brutal performances. I hope that there are a few more people in the locker room other than Maurice that are pissed over last night's embarassing performance and will play with some fire in their bellies.

Really wish we had Hendricks, Lowry, Tanev. I think part of our garbage play, is an exhibition of what players like that much-maligned trio bring to a team. Last two games we saw the all skill, no grit lineup that many on this board have been demanding for years and in my opinion it stinks. I thin coaches (including Babcock) might have valid reasons for valuing "glue" guys and "truculence".

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This season, the Jets have responded to a terrible performance with just such a pounding, so it's possible. I hope that the Jets do respond in such a fashion and restore my faith in them after two brutal performances. I hope that there are a few more people in the locker room other than Maurice that are pissed over last night's embarassing performance and will play with some fire in their bellies.

Really wish we had Hendricks, Lowry, Tanev. I think part of our garbage play, is an exhibition of what players like that much-maligned trio bring to a team. Last two games we saw the all skill, no grit lineup that many on this board have been demanding for years and in my opinion it stinks. I thin coaches (including Babcock) might have valid reasons for valuing "glue" guys and "truculence".
This....and the long home stand.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
From Ken Wiebe same lines as we finished with last night..... not a fan of them and oh joy return of ELL.... so a useless second like and Little can likely be the man to blame again. I will cross my fingers though since ELL had a decent part of a game together last night

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Ehlers was terrible. Like a warm Carlsberg. He was full of rage and anger. So much so that he didn't know whether to shoot or pass. He needs to get ready for playoff hockey. And yes, this is a must win.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
From Ken Wiebe same lines as we finished with last night..... not a fan of them and oh joy return of ELL.... so a useless second like and Little can likely be the man to blame again. I will cross my fingers though since ELL had a decent part of a game together last night

LSW sucked. ELL was better by far. Laine will be a RW most likely for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Players: Ehlers, Hendricks, Hellebuyck & Byfuglien.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: On swapping Perreault/Laine. Update on Matt Hendricks. How does he know when a goalie needs a break? On figuring out the optimal number of games for Hellebuyck this season? Does he have to tell the players to “go easier” on Hellebuyck in practice? How does he guard against stifling creativity with Ehlers/Laine? When games get tighter what can players do to use their speed? What have been keys to getting back after a loss? Are the Rangers more dangerous when they are declared sellers? Status of Brendan Lemieux? Update on Lowry?

To listen click here.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Haven’t liked Perreault with 55 and 26 either. I’d like to see:

52 or 81-55-26
85-18-29
27-9-40
52 or 81-19-56

Eventually I’d like to see 27-17-40, IMO that would be a real nice middle 6 line.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Don't like these lines. Ehlers and Little play like a 4th line when Laine is playing with them. I would have given the LSW line one more game to show something and if they continued to suck I would have promoted Connor/Roslovic to the top line and moved Laine to the 3rd line. I now fully expect that "2nd line" to be a sub-47% Corsi line and spend their shifts in the defensive zone.

Reactions: Whileee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad