Pre-Game Talk: Rags vs Jets - Sun Feb 11 2:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Don't like these lines. Ehlers and Little play like a 4th line when Laine is playing with them. I would have given the LSW line one more game to show something and if they continued to suck I would have promoted Connor/Roslovic to the top line and moved Laine to the 3rd line. I now fully expect that "2nd line" to be a sub-47% Corsi line and spend their shifts in the defensive zone.
I would move Wheeler to the third line based on last night’s play.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I don’t know why Wheeler just gets a free pass when he is clearly the worst player on a given line. Scheifele wasn’t very good either, but it was his first game back.

Note I’m just talking about last night

Reactions: 204hockey

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Your post is suggesting that Laine was the issue with LSW. I would say he was the best part of that line while they were together last night.

I would agree. Laine was not the problem last night after a few iffy minutes in the 1st. Thought he was excellent overall -- not his fault his line mates couldn't finish (Ehlers, I'm looking at you...).

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Your post is suggesting that Laine was the issue with LSW. I would say he was the best part of that line while they were together last night.

S & W are jones at the hip. I'm not surprised things were jumbled. I still think Laine is more effective on RW

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm quite surprised they wouldn't give LSW 1 more game.
It was 2 periods and Wheeler had one of his worst games of the season and Scheif hasn't played in 6 weeks.

Really strange.
Chef didn't look ready to compete hard in the corners and along the boards.
Wonder if it is physical or mental?

I saw the same thing as you, and it looked like Scheif didn't want any part of the rough stuff along the boards. I think it's more psychological, and he's worried he'll re- injure his shoulder. You see that with a lot of running backs in football, after a painful knee injury or operation. Hope he gets over the fear soon, as he needs his confidence.

Reactions: sipowicz

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I think I said sit Chef until the Rangers. Maybe trade him while he has value. Jets were solid without him. Do I really need the thingy.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I don’t know why Wheeler just gets a free pass when he is clearly the worst player on a given line. Scheifele wasn’t very good either, but it was his first game back.

Note I’m just talking about last night

Should not be the case. Laine was solid last night and got better once he got away from the top line. Wheeler and Scheifele were awful, and only Scheif should get a free pass for that.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Seems like Maurice didn't like the PLE line that much after all.

The guy sure likes to talk though.

Ya PLE had ups and downs but definitely had some games being our best line. I just hate that because Wheeler and Scheifele have to talk about loving playing with each other every friggin day Maurice keeps them joined at the hip. Makes it hard to get blenders out when needed. Once the rust is shaken off Scheifele L-S-E should be an option if it is needed and obviously we all know Little and Wheeler would work. But because the captain wants to play with 55 it can never change.

Reactions: Trilliann

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Henrik is not too bad either
Best looking goalies in the league
This guy begs to differ!

Pyj9Aeh.jpg

Reactions: Trilliann

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
He was..
The problem there is
Coached pulled the plug just less than a game the line is together with the C coming back from 6 week layoff. Playing against a match up that is gunning for them.
While keeping ELL forever and was only broken up by force due to injury.
If he really was thinking properly. He would have eased in #55 use him in a 3rd line roll til he gets going.

As much as i love perrault . Patrik Laine 1.5 year as a Jets have more goals than M Perrault in his Jets career.
If you are playing catch up. The best line is LSE or LSW.
Let Perrault, Connor Roslovic hound the bottom 6 lines of opposing team.

Oh well.. Maurice knows better. He has inside track.

Go Jets Go..

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Actually Scheifele's last 12 games 1 Goal 3 Assists .... minus 4. Those are not #1 center stats.

He was already having tough 2-3 weeks period before he got injured. Just like a shadow of his best self. But you might remember last season when he was similarly gassed out due to ridiculous TOI by Maurice. He eventually sorted it out and had a great late season.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
To be fair, nothing about LSW or PLE was good - or even fine - last night. Not giving them another game seems a bit impatient, though.

If Hendricks is good to go, throw him in there. I know, a very unpopular opinion, but seriously: we have no physicality whatsoever in our bottom six. Dano throws the occasional hit here and there (which amounts to little, given his ice time), and that is it. That will not cut it.

Reactions: Ducky10

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
To be fair, nothing about LSW or PLE was good - or even fine - last night. Not giving them another game seems a bit impatient, though.

If Hendricks is good to go, throw him in there. I know, a very unpopular opinion, but seriously: we have no physicality whatsoever in our bottom six. Dano throws the occasional hit here and there (which amounts to little, given his ice time), and that is it. That will not cut it.
I actually think there is more to hendricks’ presence on the bench than some of us would like to admit. There is a noticeable difference without him. Maybe coincidence maybe not.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
The question becomes; why are they joined at the hip?
Because the Captain plays on the first line no matter how he plays.

Would it really hurt to like, during a game when you can see that Wheeler is playing bad, throw him into another line for a while to wake him up? Or are we at the point where he's played so damn well this season (he has) that he just gets a pass?

One line combo i'd like to see is PLL and ESW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad