Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. VII

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Anyone know what is up with him favouring his arm?

There was a play in the LA game near the end of the second that had him go off.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
UWm2yAu.jpeg

What's that? Top-three in franchise history before the age of 25? Number two by next week????

HE8EyXk.jpeg

:)

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Yep, this team is an afterthought to the rest of the league, Makar or even Josi will totally win it.
You even have other teams' fans praying they get the Canucks in the playoffs, despite the Canucks being at the top or near the top of the league since the beginning of the season.

This really is the year for the team to "flip the switch" and destroy teams in the playoffs.

I know the odds of that happening are low, but it would be gloriious beyond measure.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Yep, this team is an afterthought to the rest of the league, Makar or even Josi will totally win it.
Honestly think we get more coverage and focus than Nashville does. I could totally see Makar getting it even though he's been worse than the other guys in everything but raw points.

That one voter who said they'd take Makar because he has 3 more PP goals...should have his vote removed. That's such a stupid way to approach a best defenseman award.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This whole "Points narrative" is ridiculous

Hughes was 2nd in defense scoring last season and a vast majority said he deserves to be top 10
we weren't saying win

Reactions: geebster

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Honestly think we get more coverage and focus than Nashville does. I could totally see Makar getting it even though he's been worse than the other guys in everything but raw points.

That one voter who said they'd take Makar because he has 3 more PP goals...should have his vote removed. That's such a stupid way to approach a best defenseman award.
Mind numbingly stupid. Very likely an Avs fan who has one of those Makar boners who feels the need to bring him up whenever Hughes is mentioned.

Reactions: geebster

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty obvious that since the all-star break, as Hughes goes, so do the Canucks. He's the mixer that stirs the drink.

Problem is, he's going to have a huge target on his back come the playoffs. Teams know that if they can knock him out of commission, there's a good chance the Canucks will follow.

But I guess it's the same worry for any team that has a super-star player. McDavid, Matthews and McKinnon will face the same physicality. The difference is, they're forwards while Quinn is a d-man. And d-men always face a higher physical toll in the playoffs.

But he's faced physical play before and always managed to wriggle out of any devastating hits that would sideline him. So all you can do is cross your fingers.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This is the one season I am going full toxic mode once the voting is released

If i see some stupid east coast voters, or those 2 idiots from pittsburgh leave him off their ballets i'm spamming them at insane levels

those pittsburgh guys are the worst
That one guy who has a vote claims their is riot, or he gets car jacked everytime he is in town
the other clown just likes attention putting mCDavid at 5thand Jason Robertson at 1.

Reactions: Regal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad