Quick vs. Scrivens

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Youre joking right ?

All I see in this thread is people making excuses for JQ. Last year was the injury, this year defence played bad but now is playing better. I on the other hand am still sticking with the JQ is a product of Kings system and he would be
"Bryzgalov like" exposed in a system like the Flyers or Penguins( yeah i know, moron, idiot,.. heard it all before). He is great in PO, so far, but how many goalies had the chance to play a PO game since we became a PO team.

There's a difference between being good in postseason and having a .940 sv% against the best the league has to offer over 38 games the last two years. No one is discounting the system playing a part but Quick is an amazing goalie.

Bryzgalov was also exposed in the playoffs in Phoenix so it wasn't just in Philly's system. People want to talk about the 53 games over the past two seasons (2012-13 regular season and 2013-14 start) that Quick has been average. How about the 107 games over the past three years where he was arguably the best goalie in the league (2011-12 regular season and playoffs and 2013 playoffs)? A system might be able to make you the best goalie for 15 games, but it can't do that for over 100. That is Quick's doing too.

I think you are way underrating how much goalies do in a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad