GDT: Quarterfinal - May 17 - Sweden vs Latvia

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
At least Latvia did a favor to hockey world beating Danes otherwise it would be like SWE 7 : 1 Denmark

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Your team was terrible, what do you mean better team?scoring on goalie interference doesnt make your team better, your team should’be ashamed, thank refs

Calm down and be happy for a valiant effort by your team.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Your team was terrible, what do you mean better team?scoring on goalie interference doesnt make your team better, your team should’be ashamed, thank refs
Only reason game was even remotely close was because of Nilsson.

Why so salty? You latvians were all fun and games as long as you were getting all the calls from the refs. This is karma at it's best.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
All tribute to Latvia for making their team so tough to win against, but holy hell was that like playing a Mickey Mouse blueberry B-team, that did all they could not to allow a goal, ever. The hedgehog for 60 minutes is just kill time.

Two sides of a coin. Great performance, but depressing considering how many good players the Latvian team actually has, that could try to win the game instead of pretending to play with four 4th lines.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
At least Latvia did a favor to hockey world beating Danes otherwise it would be like SWE 7 : 1 Denmark

Doubt it, Latvia squeaked by Denmark 1:0. Given how Sweden took this game it probably would've been something like 5-3.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
almost taking Sweden to OT in 1/4 finals considering that we were missing several players this year is no a bad feat by any means.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
1. All penalties were good calls except that one trip, our players hd good discipline and you can blame only your players.
2. Both teams scored on goalie interference, but Latvias goal is disallowed, while Swedes can get away with it?
If it was a clean play id get it, i mean the swedish 2nd goal was a slick dish.
I mean if it was other way around you would be ok with such discrepancies? I doubt it
You had your first PP calls on a platter (the first was laughable, the second flat out horrible) and your coach wasted it on a blown call that was a goal. Tough luck the Swedes took advantage of that.

Reactions: bDtKarlsson

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
Doubt it, Latvia squeaked by Denmark 1:0. Given how Sweden took this game it probably would've been something like 5-3.
Did you watched the game? Denmark lost in all fronts even in offense which has been lacking for Latvia. Sweden would've bum rushed the Danes with ease.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Noot good for Sweden when they need to change goalie for the semifinal! If Gronborg keeping Nilsson, they are doomed! Hellberg are rusty but you cant go with Nilsson at his worst!

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
Interestingly I think Latvia wasn't the most handy opponent for Sweden, just by the way both teams played, simply put both liked to (and could) run and both were a bit avoiding boards. Who knows how it could have ended on different day.

Reactions: Kalv

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
giphy.gif

Reactions: kudla

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We underestimated Latvia and played awful. That's about it.

I think we'll play better against the US. Atleast we'll give 100% instead of 50...
For some reason, we made USA, Canada and Sweden underestimate us, must be some black magic :sarcasm:

Good luck to Swedes, probably gonna cheer for them to get gold.
There is a disapointment but I am still very proud of our team. Was an interesting game.

Reactions: Reynys

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We played at 50%. We would have beaten you by 8-1 otherwise...

You can't seriously believe that you would have any chance whatsoever if we'd played at 100%. Latvia is a Skoda, Sweden is a Ferrari. Who'd win a race?
lol. Then you`re just dumb to play at 50%.
I think your team disagrees with you :)

Reactions: Name Nameless

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
You are comparing it way too simple. Denmark tries to play a more ''skilled'' hockey and nice plays. Against Sweden they would fail big time, I have to think. Latvia plays very energetic without allowing much space which was very uncomfortable for both Denmark and Sweden.

We outshot Denmark by 10 SOG in an elimination game on their home ice. We were a better team, but our lack of scoring explosiveness is what kept the game 1-0

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
This was a close, exciting game and we had several chances to tie the game late in the 3rd.

We gave everything and while it could've ended differently, the difference in skill was just too much for us to handle.

That empty net for Kenins is probably going to pop up in his dreams for a while, but, honestly, we couldn't have asked for more.

The relentless effort, the confidence, the team spirit was absolutely incredible.

Props to Sweden for scoring a couple of dirty goals and good luck in the semis. You'll need it.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
This was a close, exciting game and we had several chances to tie the game late in the 3rd.

We gave everything and while it could've ended differently, the difference in skill was just too much for us to handle.

That empty net for Kenins is probably going to pop up in his dreams for a while, but, honestly, we couldn't have asked for more.

The relentless effort, the confidence, the team spirit was absolutely incredible.

Props to Sweden for scoring a couple of dirty goals and good luck in the semis. You'll need it.

With this kind of team play we are like 2-3 good NHL players away from the semis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad