GDT: Quarterfinal - May 17 - Finland vs Switzerland

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
True.

3rd will be a tough battle.

Genoni, Kukan extremely calm.

Not sure Corvi will be in Europe comes autumn.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Id be pretty nervous about playing the Swiss in the semi too, Switzerland has a history of causing problems for Canada.

The two face personality of this Finnish team is remarkable.

The Swiss will give us plenty of problems......................more then I want to even think of right now.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Did you see this one coming? The great predictor of all things and all.
It wasn’t really that surprising that it can go like this. This Finnish coach is very well known for being completely miserable with preparing Finland against these disciplined and well skating underdog teams that forecheck really hard. Marjamäki’s coaching in the decisive games is something that I have called as ”handbrake hockey”. His teams play passive, scared and anemic in these games every fekin single time. And some morons still constantly want to defend him. At least most Finnish hockey fans have already quite long understood what Late Lammas (Larry the sheep) is about.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
1 game can be an abberration, but 3 shows there’s something consistent behind this. How is it possible that we get outskated, outmuscled and outmanned against Germany, Denmark and Switzerland, but not against Canada and USA? This is on Marjamäki. He can’t prepare this team against weaker teams that rely more on trapping.

Reactions: Ippenator

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
It wasn’t really that surprising that it can go like this. This Finnish coach is very well known for being completely miserable with preparing Finland against these disciplined and well skating underdog teams that forecheck really hard. Marjamäki’s coaching in the decisive games is something that I have called as ”handbrake hockey”. His teams play passive, scared and anemic in these games every fekin single time. And some mormoni still constantly want to defend him. At least most Finnish hockey fans have already quite long understood what Late Lammas (Larry the sheep) is about.

90% of us Finns wanted him sacked long before Olympics. Only "Pohjoisen pojat" love their coach.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Kukan is having hell of a game, so calm, great skating.

I watched Columbus a couple of times with Kukan ... and he was nothing short than legit. First games a bit hesitant and then he became very solid. Then he got injured and watched the games from the bench after that.

I expect him to be a regular player next season.

Caffeine

Apr 27, 2017
Petrozavodsk
They should remove Tolvanen from top line. There has been zero chemistry on that Granlund line since Tolvanen was placed there. Should just have Kapanen on his place. And they simply should start moving their legs and having constant forecheck. Does look absolutely ridiculous when they are still having trap even though they are 2 behind.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Whether you agree or not, they're not 3-1 better than Finland.

The good thing for the Finns is at least you guys can score in bunches. This is far from over, still shocking nonetheless.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I know Switzerland seem to have a target on Canada's back consistently, but Finland just pasted us 5-1 a few days ago. I for one am clenching for this scoreline to hold in period 3.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes the sens invited him to camp, hoping they sign him he is probably better than half the forwards on the team haha. So was looking for him today was suprised not to see him so an injury doesnt suprise me.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
The good thing for the Finns is at least you guys can score in bunches. This is far from over, still shocking nonetheless.
Okay bro, we'll see. I say it's over unless the refs start making bs calls like they did against us when playing USA.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If i was a Marjamäki i would be furious and extremely angry how badly Finland plays right now.
No heart, no passion, no pride, no honor, no real head coach, no reaction being down 1-3 absolutely nothing.

Thank god Marjamäki will be ex head coach after this tournament.
I predict Marjamäki gets fired of Jokerit head coach position before KHL's Christmas break.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
They play like this is some exhibition game, the lack of effort is incredible to see. I told in the Finland team thread that surely they will be playing 100% when the stakes are higher... guess not then. Credit to Switzerland tho, totally deserving a lead.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
We dont have a chance when we play like shit. No structure, no effort, no heart. Swiss have it all.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
No heart in this team at all. It's like they are just waiting for the last 1,5min to light the fire under them...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad