79 Damien Riat

Scratched:
G 20 Reto Berra
D 76 Joël Genazzi
F 14 Chris Baltisberger

Last edited:

maximafinogenov7

May 10, 2018
To be honest, I really couldnt see any chance for Switzerland. Unfortunately, It will be a training before real opponent in semifinal for Suomi.

Finland is my personal favourite for overall win. Considering Aho and Teravainen have beast mode.

6-1 Finland

Reactions: Declassified

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I hope for a good performance by the boys. Whatever the final score, 110% effort for 60 minutes.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
If Switzerland will ever beat the Finns in a very important game, the time is now. I think Finns will take this though.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I have a really bad feeling about this one. The depressing disappointment kind of feeling. It would be nice if Marjamäki could end his jig with a medal, because in this tournament he's actually been great and taken Finnish hockey forward.

Some of his roster choices are still crap, though.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
I have a really bad feeling about this one. The depressing disappointment kind of feeling. It would be nice if Marjamäki could end his jig with a medal, because in this tournament he's actually been great and taken Finnish hockey forward.

Losers lose and winners win, mind games too.

Remember.

Finland haven't lost anything in this tournament thus far.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Very tough match. Finland wins 4-3 in OT or in a shootout. The Finns are better vs. North American teams this year, they've been struggling with 'underdogs'.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I believe the finns will be thinking this as an easy win, and nobody will show up ready for the game. Finns will fight for the win in the third period, we will see if it is enough or not. 3-3 after 60 is my guess, three goals from Aho in the third.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011

A bold and gross overstatement as far as I can see and I can do it pretty far, back and forward. And around. Berry Hill can get a "tyydyttava" grade from his stint in the NT if the Finns get some bronze out of this carnival; save his CV undamaged more or less and get out of the deep end only his pants a little wet, so to speak. If the Lions win the whole tourney then he might even shine his shield and add a trophy of some actual significance in his resume; silver - something in-between these extremes. But to say this sedated moomin with a mummy's inner life and facial vividness has "taken Finnish hockey forward" suddenly somehow now, this must be an intentional provocation toward the vocal opposition against his deflated managing style.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Marjamäki's responsibility is to take action and - if necessary - show some real emotions if this game will start look a training hour of a B-series team of Zombostan, in a relegation match of divisional qualifiers of the district of Greater Dysfunctia. I'm sure guys in the roster have matured enough during this weird tournament to hold no illusions about Switzerland, but it's the coach's job to ensure that they stay awake and keep kicking. It's very hard to imagine Marjamäki raging and vocally summoning Perkele if guys begin shake due a period of bad luck, reffing decisions, stupid mistake, or Team Switzerland's good game and conduct in oncoming match.

That's the part of Marjamäki's coaching I'm most concerned of. His inability to recognize what he needs to do in moments of momentum changes, and act adequately. Like he would've anything to lose anymore than his next game.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I don't know. This is so hard to predict considering Finland has trouble against Central European countries this tournament and SUI and CZE are the best of them. Finland certainly shouldn't be the favorite here.

I know one thing though, this will be the most exciting QF match out of the 4 matches even without Finnish bias. I think neutral fans are going to see it that way once all the quarterfinals are done.

Feeling the same way.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
A bold and gross overstatement as far as I can see and I can do it pretty far, back and forward. And around. Berry Hill can get a "tyydyttava" grade from his stint in the NT if the Finns get some bronze out of this carnival; save his CV undamaged more or less and get out of the deep end only his pants a little wet, so to speak. If the Lions win the whole tourney then he might even shine his shield and add a trophy of some actual significance in his resume; silver - something in-between these extremes. But to say this sedated moomin with a mummy's inner life and facial vividness has "taken Finnish hockey forward" suddenly somehow now, this must be an intentional provocation toward the vocal opposition against his deflated managing style.

If he doesn't medal at least he got Manninen to bring home who turned out to be Late's bloomer as well.

Reactions: Loffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->