GDT: Quarterfinal • May 11 • Czech Republic 4, United States 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Given the roster, what kind of outcome did you expect?

Amazing what some people think!!!!

The US slightly outplayed the Czech's in the first and easily could have been tied at 1-1 heading into the second. The Czechs stepped up the 2nd & 3rd periods and played very well, but the US hung tough and made a superior team work ubtil the last 7-8 minutes. Give that 2 of their top 9 forwars were NCAA players and I believe Smith & Krieder were the two top goal scorers on Team USA they did as well as could be expected.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Once again a very solid performance by the Czechs. :handclap: They're having quite a tournament and right now it looks like they will repeat last year's championship.

I certainly hope so :nod: . I certainly think so ;) .. But Russia looked that way last year until they met "David" in the Gold medal game and got outwitted, outplayed and outlasted... Oh wait, Suvivor is on later tonight hehehe ;).. Nothing is over until it's over and the Czechs know that.. They won't change a thing mentally until that medal is around their neck. That may be the difference than the Russians of last year.. They were cocky and got outplayed and never saw it coming. This Czech team like the last wont ever give up and take the other opponent for granted. Not one bit. :handclap:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Amazing what some people think!!!!

The US slightly outplayed the Czech's in the first and easily could have been tied at 1-1 heading into the second. The Czechs stepped up the 2nd & 3rd periods and played very well, but the US hung tough and made a superior team work ubtil the last 7-8 minutes. Give that 2 of their top 9 forwars were NCAA players and I believe Smith & Krieder were the two top goal scorers on Team USA they did as well as could be expected.

That's how I feel. Yeah, I wish Gordon could have gotten blood from a stone, but it is what it is. My glass half-full view is we made it to the quarters, and some younger players aquitted themselves well. In the future, it would be nice to attract some more talent (coaching and players), but that's a work in progress.

svea

Feb 18, 2006
Congrats to the Czechs!

Though I only saw the first two periods, I was impressed with team USA for the first 20 minutes at least. Very fast, energetic hockey. Too bad you guys couldn't quite pull it off.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Congratulation to neighbours,
in the 3rd period they were like rolling stones :) and Jágr's third goal:yo::handclap:. Man, it was good old "Česká ulička" :nod:

KendoYanar

May 6, 2011
Jagr was king of the game. 3 goals... woowww. And the third goal was so great Plekanec&Jagr are very good duo in the semis and final (yes Czechs are in final).
And thanks for Ondrej who is in my fantasy hockey game ;) :yo: :handclap:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Looking pretty good for the czechs, only team that has really stood out. I don't see them not playing in the final

meh, congrats Czechs, this was like our D team

If you care so little, why bother posting/watching the game?

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
The Czechs are clearly the class of the tournament, but I expected better from the US.

On the bright side, we didn't get relegated, so this is actually a huge improvement.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The third goal was a thing of beauty! LEGEND :)

Want some Jagr peanut-butter? ;)

jaromir-jagr-peanut-butter.jpg

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
meh, congrats Czechs, this was like our D team

I wouldn't go that far. Komisarek & Johnson in the top 12 D in the US. JVR, Stepan & Wheeler are legit top 6 forwards on most any team. Kreider played well today against a very good team, Fowler & Smith played well. I'd say they were a USA
C team for sure in totality, with maybe 3-4 A Team players.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I wouldn't go that far. Komisarek & Johnson in the top 12 D in the US. JVR, Stepan & Wheeler are legit top 6 forwards on most any team. Kreider played well today against a very good team, Fowler & Smith played well. I'd say they were a USA
C team for sure in totality, with maybe 3-4 A Team players.

Honestly, I don't think this was a terrible group of players. Not enough offensive punch, and the d-play was erratic, but there was enough talent here to do better. Piss-poor coaching and execution did us in.

MrHockey80

Sep 23, 2007
Just watched game (DVR) USA as many have said looked great in 1st and then Gordon tried to coach

If this guy is any where near a team above the Bantam level I would be amazed after 2 years of him at the helm of WC team its time to cut the cord. This guy is clueless

S

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Honestly, I don't think this was a terrible group of players. Not enough offensive punch, and the d-play was erratic, but there was enough talent here to do better. Piss-poor coaching and execution did us in.

It was a terrible group compared to Canada or teams we've sent in past years, but it was still a group mostly of NHL'ers so it wasn't like we were Latvia or France. This was a team that wasn't going to get relegated, but it wasn't going to win a medal either. An 8th place finish is about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad