wca.gif
Kiel Murchison|Linesman

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Live box score: http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/261/gameaction_2862.html

Streams: http://hockeynight2k.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-post.html | http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/56271-2011-IIHF-World-Championship-(Slovakia)-May-11

Tournament stats: http://www.iihf.com/en/channels-11/iihf-world-championship-wc11/statistics.html

Please remain civil and argue the content of the posts made in these threads. Personal attacks, flamebaiting and trolling will not be tolerated. If you spot trolls, use the report button. Don't call them out in the thread, as that is flaming itself. Violators may promptly be banned from the International Tournaments forum altogether.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Can't wait to watch Jagr play, really wouldn't be surprised at a huge upset by team USA. Stepan's the kind of player that really steps up when the games matter, even with his 6 game point streak I'm looking for a big game out of him tomorrow.

My guide says Versus isn't showing the game. Kevin Allen's game preview disagrees. Hope it's on.

U-S-A

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
The Czech team has looked like a well-oiled machine and I think they will win this matchup handily. The US team doesn't have enough players that care about this tournament, IMO.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Havlat is not going to play this game, the rest is ok. They will probably add another forward on the roster before the game because of that.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I don't have a good feeling about this. It reminds me of Prague 2004.

don't be a superstitionist, I just hate when people talk about these things that happened years and years ago... it has nothing to do with this tournament and this particular game ;)

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
This will be rather easy for the Czechs unless the US goalie somehow manages to stand on his head and even then I would predict a win for the Czechs.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
don't be a superstitionist, I just hate when people talk about these things that happened years and years ago... it has nothing to do with this tournament and this particular game ;)

I am trying to fight it, but I can't help myself - it's simply a bad feeling :) Like "OK, we've been doing great so far, so when will the turd finally hit the fan?" I am simply afraid of being disappointed after such a good start...

We'll see soon enough.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I am trying to fight it, but I can't help myself - it's simply a bad feeling :) Like "OK, we've been doing great so far, so when will the turd finally hit the fan?" I am simply afraid of being disappointed after such a good start...

We'll see soon enough.

I second your feeling of impending 'doom', but I reckon we should be alright. Even without Havlat :)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
According to USA Hockey's media notes, Ty Conklin is getting the start and Al Montoya is out with an injury. Jack Campbell is the backup. Yan Stastny is a game-time decision (didn't practice yesterday). If he plays, Andy Miele and Mark Fayne are both expected to be scratches as well which means Nick Palmieri would be back in the lineup.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
According to USA Hockey's media notes, Ty Conklin is getting the start and Al Montoya is out with an injury. Jack Campbell is the backup. Yan Stastny is a game-time decision (didn't practice yesterday). If he plays, Andy Miele and Mark Fayne are both expected to be scratches as well which means Nick Palmieri would be back in the lineup.

I think it's a good decision to switch Palmieri for Miele. Miele didn't look very good against the Swiss. Palmieri might be a better fit for JVR.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
USA will start hard and do 1-2 goals and shock the Czechs, but Czechs will come back and win 5-3 or 5-2 and after that Czech are unstoppable in the next match and all the way to the gold.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I don't know what to think about this game. The Czechs should win, but if the U.S. can put together a full 60 minute effort and Conklin plays well, things could get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad