WJC: Quarter Final Predictions : Poll

Quarter Final Predictions

• Total voters

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
My gut tells me :

Canada - USA final

The team that beats Russia in the semis loses the GMG.

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
Canada
USA
Finland
Russia
Sweden
Czech Republic
Germany
Slovakia

I believe that is how the teams are seeded.

It seems pretty dumb to do it like this when you have to rank teams from two totally separate groups against each other. Just have a fixed bracket.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It seems pretty dumb to do it like this when you have to rank teams from two totally separate groups against each other. Just have a fixed bracket.
I agree. I have no idea why they changed it.

Having said that, in the old format, we would have had a date with the Russians in the semis. Now we have a chance to miss them : GO SWEDEN GO!!!

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Went with Canada, USA, Finland and then my big upset Germany. Now, in my mind I don't really believe Germany will beat Russia but the Germans are the Cinderella story this year with all that they went through, and there is often a big upset in the quarter-finals. Wouldn't it be wild!!!!
one of Russia's top forward Amirov won't be playing.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Canada, US, Sweden and a Germany upset

Germany has enough high end talent to not get shutout, just a question of whether they can get some decent goaltending. They look confident enough as a team that I think they can pull off an upset

Russia has not played to expectations and pressure can sometimes work against a team

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
If Sweden play like they did against Russia I think they win. If they come out deflated from their back to back losses... then Finland can win. As for the rest... Canada, Russia, US.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Canada, US, Sweden and a Germany upset

Germany has enough high end talent to not get shutout, just a question of whether they can get some decent goaltending. They look confident enough as a team that I think they can pull off an upset

Russia has not played to expectations and pressure can sometimes work against a team
Interesting.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If Sweden play like they did against Russia I think they win. If they come out deflated from their back to back losses... then Finland can win. As for the rest... Canada, Russia, US.
Yes. They need to show some character and play hard.

The way they played yesterday sure was disappointing.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
US and Canada advancing are no brainer choices.

For the tougher ones:

Finland over Sweden. Sweden has more talent, but they were outworked by Russia, and I think they will be outworked by Finns.

Germany over Russia. Russia had a lot of trouble with Czechs, and I think Germany's style is similar to Czechs. Could be an upset here.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019

For the tougher ones:

Finland over Sweden. Sweden has more talent, but they were outworked by Russia, and I think they will be outworked by Finns.

Germany over Russia. Russia had a lot of trouble with Czechs, and I think Germany's style is similar to Czechs. Could be an upset here.
Do you think Finland just as strong than Russia? Cross comparsions do not help.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

For the tougher ones:

Gutsy call.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Can- superior in every way
US— waaaay to much fire power
Finns- Swedish slide continues Finns out work them to win
Germans- upset special! Stutzle and Peterko have banner games

lots of quality hockey tomorrow!:):popcorn:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Bold prediction: The Slovaks shut down America's offense like they did with Canada and win 2-1.
Slovakia played way above their level and still lost that game. This would be one of the all-time great upsets... but it is technically possible.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Canada looks like a beast. Should win it all

As a USA fan we are really good, but it’s kids and they look like anything could happen. Good or bad!! But they’ll handle game one

Sweden Losing to us doesn’t bother me much. B2B and it’s not like we aren’t a good team. I think they’ll bounce back and Finland looks weaker this year. Finland always surprises though (Maybe it shouldn’t be a surprise I guess!)

Russia should wear down a depleted Germans fairly easily.

A crazy goalie in one game can change everything!!

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
There is usually an upset in every tournament so my guess is Germany in this case. Still going with Russia though.

I’d say it’s 45/55% in favor of Finland. We haven’t been playing at the top of our game and it’s common for us to play our worst when it means the most. Especially against Fin. I would rather have seen a rematch vs Rus.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00