WJC: Quarter Final Predictions : Poll

Quarter Final Predictions

• Total voters

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
some people put too much weight on that bad canada game for finland

sweden has looked worse if you count in the entire tournament.

however it will be a great game im sure

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019

I don t think so! Sweden was in a heavier group. Vs US after all 27 - 37 shots. I ve vote Finland to advance, but only on principle. This will be a very difficult game, where the swedes little bit dominate them with better Puckcontrol. I hope of a lucky puch by the finns.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015

Eeh i don’t know, Sweden has a better team and are known to pick it up in important games, i think they should be considered the favorites by some margin.

J1mLahey

Jan 13, 2011
Toronto
Eeh i don’t know, Sweden has a better team and are known to pick it up in important games, i think they should be considered the favorites by some margin.

Wouldn't disagree that they have a better team, but "known to pick it up on important games" is a stretch. Their round robin success has been well documented, but it hasn't translated to the medal round games

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I think our chances against Sweden are not too bad at all - a very even contest with Sweden having key players out. Considering the near total humiliation against Canada, we ended up pretty well in the playoffs bracket. Sweden is a good matchup for us.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I voted the obvious ones: Canada, USA, Russia & Finns.

I can't see Sweden beating the Finns (as per them leading the Poll), but I've been wrong before.....

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
For the record, Sweden had a 54 game win streak in the preliminary round but is barely over .500 in the medal round. What they are really known to do in important games is choke. :laugh:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This might be the worst quarters in a long time. Semi's will be amazing but tomorrow isn't exactly 'must watch'. I will watch of course but I'm expected 3 very lopsided games and an awesome game between Sweden and Finland. No idea who wins that. Lose to Canada and get Sweden in the quarters... ouch.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Canada, U.S., Russia, Finland.

I think the only pick that needs explaining is Finland over Sweden. It should be close and Sweden with the correct goalie in net probably wins, but this is a hunch.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seriously, who is going to be the American juggernaut? They are only firing on 6 cylinders, and still pounding teams.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Canada, U.S., Russia, Finland.

I think the only pick that needs explaining is Finland over Sweden. It should be close and Sweden with the correct goalie in net probably wins, but this is a hunch.
Without a healthy Broberg playing effective minutes I don’t see ?Sweden getting past Finland either. Unless, of course, Raymond and Holts get going.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Went with Canada, USA, Finland and then my big upset Germany. Now, in my mind I don't really believe Germany will beat Russia but the Germans are the Cinderella story this year with all that they went through, and there is often a big upset in the quarter-finals. Wouldn't it be wild!!!!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Seriously, who is going to be the American juggernaut? They are only firing on 6 cylinders, and still pounding teams.
They pounded on a beat up, tired and mentally drained Sweden last night. They have been getting better game by game now though and that p.p sure scares me along with Knight starting to get his act together. They are dangerous and might win it all.

Reactions: Luckylarry

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Canada, US, Sweden, Germany. Would love to see the Germans pull off an upset, the others are self-explanatory.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Probably the best day of the tourney - can't wait! Anyone thinking any upsets are possible? I think Canada and the US will glide to victory, but you never know. For some reason I have a feeling the Germans will put up a good fight against the Russians, and I am not sure about Finland vs Sweden, is it really an "upset" if Finland wins anymore?

Reactions: Statsy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad