GDT: Quarter Final | Finland Vs Sweden | 1/2 @ 1:30PM | TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I’m predicting a 6-2 Sweden victory. It will be “hats off” to both Holts and Raymond.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
With 5 DRW prospects on Sweden, I'm cheering for them.

However, Sweden's 1st line has been pretty bad the last 2 games, and their top 4 defense have been too passive on the opposing team's puck carriers. I'm glad to see that Gunler, Sodersblom, Niederbach, and Holmstrom have been so good for Sweden. They have regularly been the best forwards on Sweden this year. But they shouldn't be that team's best forwards. Holtz and Raymond need to be split. Putting Niederbach with them this game won't do anything except make Niederbach less effective because the kid is great on the cycle but Holtz does his best to kill the cycle.

4-2 Finland if Sweden comes out of the gate and plays passive hockey like they did against Russia and USA.

5-3 Sweden if they actually come out with a fire lit under their asses and their leaders actually put it together.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I've always cheered for Finland when they're not playing Canada. I like the way they play. Probably the most impressive record of any country by population.

armyjoe

Nov 15, 2010
Finland will lose. Lundell and Heinola are not enough to compensate for otherwise weak team (see the game against canada for reference)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I've always cheered for Finland when they're not playing Canada. I like the way they play. Probably the most impressive record of any country by population.

i dont think so. they have more hockey players than sweden and hockey is nr 1 in finland, its not nr 1 in sweden.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Will we ever go another World Juniors without hearing the Reklaws?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
olausson as an extra again. :huh:

My hope is that Hakan Andersson made some underhanded deal with Team Sweden to prevent them from showcasing how talented Olausson is so Detroit can draft him in the early 2nd round. Anything less than that is sheer stupidity by Team Sweden's coaches and management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad