GDT: Quarter Final | Finland Vs Sweden | 1/2 @ 1:30PM | TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Seems like both sides think their team is shit. Both teams are still good this year and the team that wins can absolutely win gold.
I still think you got the superior team here, but i guess your right.

Lollipop

Jul 23, 2013
Is this game at swedish television? If yes where?
Anyway good luck to both teams. This is when hockey is best.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Is this game at swedish television? If yes where?
Anyway good luck to both teams. This is when hockey is best.
SVT2.

E: Wait, SVT2's time slot might not have it? If so, TV6.

E2: TV6 doesn't have any game in their schedule? Well, either SVT2 or TV6.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Should be on SVT2.

Mr. Bean on vacation on TV6. Sällskapsresan - SOS on TV4. Solid options though.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
It's TV6/Viaplay

edit: tv.nu say svt2 and tvmatchen say tv6. I have the game scheduled on my viaplay login, so I'm gonna assume that's the one. Also Russia - Germany and Canada - Czech are the two games scheduled on svtplay

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This is probably the closest QF game on paper. If Finland wants to win this one, pucks need to go in the net. Hirvonen is near the top of the tournament in shots taken, with no goals. If that doesn't change, Finland loses. If Hirvonen puts pucks in the net, Finland wins.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Quite obvious Alnefelt would be the guy. Would be extremely uncharacteristic of them to switch. Not too worried about our goaltending either way. Perhaps they will pull Alnefelt quicker now if he has a bad start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dala

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Hate viasat, tre kronor should always be available to everyone, not good for the sport. First it said svtplay and then of a sudden viasat. Guess i will miss this one.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think this is going to be a very important game for our young Finnish Lions so they can advance towards the medalling round! Latest outing against the Canadians was maybe not the best game ever from our young Finnish Lions, but there's lots of room for improvement to beat our favorite opposing team the Swedes. So I say Fin 4- Swe 2 and nice result!

Reactions: illone84

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Ah yes.. Sweden vs Finland... throw the book.

We could ice our senior A-team and still get a close game here.

May the best team win! And may the best team please be Sweden.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Cut him some slack. These two first goals were extremely flukey. Give the goalscorers a thousand shots to try it again and they wouldn't succeed.
He was out of it that whole game, was pretty lucky the US didn't score more goals from his mistakes(should've been pulled after that second goal, that's on the coach). But...

Hopefully he rebounds and is able to play like we know he can. Time for him to prove that he wants to be the best, as he says.

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
He was out of it that whole game, was pretty lucky the US didn't score more goals from his mistakes(should've been pulled after that second goal, that's on the coach). But...

Hopefully he rebounds and is able to play like we know he can. Time for him to prove that he wants to be the best, as he says.
I'm more worried about our forwards. They scored 0 goals last game. You can't ask for Hugo to save every single shot. To win, you just need to score more goals than the opponent. It's just as bad to miss a really good scoring chance (like an open net) as it is to let in a soft goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad