GDT: Quarter-final • Jan. 2 • Russia 2, Czech Republic 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsumo

Unregistered User
Jan 24, 2010
Would love to cheer for Czechs but I just want to see rematch Canada-Russia. It would be awesome!

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Oh come on, in the last few years it´s been nice to see them win as they usually were the underdog team at any level and they have succeeded in beatin Russia a number of times, so it also shows my team that it´s possible to prevail even over Russia, wasn´t meant with any poltical undertone or anything if you though it was...

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Oh come on, in the last few years it´s been nice to see them win as they usually were the underdog team at any level and they have succeeded in beatin Russia a number of times, so it also shows my team that it´s possible to prevail even over Russia, wasn´t meant with any poltical undertone or anything if you though it was...

No problem, I have no problems with Slovaks or Czechs, visited both countries few times. Slovaks are more friendly :)

---------
SNPatrickKing Patrick King
Czech F Daniel Krejci on potential opponents Russia or Sweden: "I think that Russia will be better than Sweden because Russian guys...

SNPatrickKing Patrick King
"We hate them all. I think it will be better for us. We can play better game."
----------

Get over it :shakehead so much burn in him :laugh:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Picking Russia to win on the back of my boy Khokhlachev.

denzey*

i really dont understand the hate against russia. be it in sports or in politics.

GO RUSSIA!!!

petr86

Oct 9, 2010
Praha
Would love to cheer for Czechs but I just want to see rematch Canada-Russia.

haha, yeah me too, it is a win-win situation for me today :laugh: CZE wins = grrrreeeaattt, RUS wins = rematch vs Canada. So this will be a good night either way :nod: ... and I also have lots of beer in the refrigerator :cheers::laugh:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
i really dont understand the hate against russia. be it in sports or in politics.

GO RUSSIA!!!

It is easy to explain. Many Slovaks hate Russia because of CCCP times. They blame current Russia for CCCP regime what is ridiculous. If we accept this logic, we could blame current Germany for 1933-45 period or France for Napoleon, Ancient Rome for their empire etc. I would say many Slovaks/Czechs are emotional about this stuff. And many of them have no idea what current Russia is. Majority of they read only new which say "all russian is bad etc". Do you know what is funny? HC LEV publishes its photos from trips around russian cities on fb. You should read commenst of slovaks
"what a nice city". "what a beautiful downtown" etc ;)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
This is pretty impossible to predict eventhough Russians are the favourites. Comes down to the mental game, where Russians might be cocky & Czechs know they need to do their best or they are out and also Czech goalie vs Russia.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Hoping for Yakupov and Gusev to put up some points for my fantasy pool. Getting late, but gotta watch a little.. hoping for some quality fist-pumps!

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
It is easy to explain. Many Slovaks hate Russia because of CCCP times. They blame current Russia for CCCP regime what is ridiculous. If we accept this logic, we could blame current Germany for 1933-45 period or France for Napoleon, Ancient Rome for their empire etc. I would say many Slovaks/Czechs are emotional about this stuff. And many of them have no idea what current Russia is. Majority of they read only new which say "all russian is bad etc". Do you know what is funny? HC LEV publishes its photos from trips around russian cities on fb. You should read commenst of slovaks
"what a nice city". "what a beautiful downtown" etc ;)

Ouch vorky, that's pretty stupid statement. All we know in our part of the Europe is that Russia is a big unpredictable country.
For me it's allways about Czechs, when Slovaks are out of the tourney and the next one are Russians :)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Ouch vorky, that's pretty stupid statement. All we know in our part of the Europe is that Russia is a big unpredictable country.
For me it's allways about Czechs, when Slovaks are out of the tourney and the next one are Russians :)

I dont say "all" or "majority" but "many" and you know it. A guy does not understand it, so I tried to explain it from my point of view.
as a proof read for example this discussion

btw it is pointless to discuss abou it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad