GDT: Quarter-final • Jan. 2 • Russia 2, Czech Republic 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Yeah, our offense sucks, very few guys are offensive threat. And our PP is awful. That is thing that worries me a lot.

Penalties are the thing that would make the difference for us in this game. Difference in offence isn't that big based on the games played and that's not what worries me. We were really ok 5 on 5 both against Finland and the US and 35 minutes against Canada. If they can somehow stay out of the box I'm not worried about offence at all.

the word*

If the Czechs had Musil available to play 30 minutes again they might have a slight chance to pull off an upset, without him, it's going to be a massacre. :shakehead

Musil was the backbone of the Czech squad... now I doubt they will win another game.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
If the Czechs had Musil available to play 30 minutes again they might have a slight chance to pull off an upset, without him, it's going to be a massacre. :shakehead

Musil was the backbone of the Czech squad... now I doubt they will win another game.

Are both Musil + Culek both confirmed out for this game? Are we sure it wasnt just a maintenance day since last game didnt matter so much?

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
If by some miracle, the Czech team shows some discipline and stays out of the box and if Musil is 100% and available to play, then they might have a slight chance to win. However, I expect Russia to beat them by at least 3 goals.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Lol at people predicting an upset here. Russia wins this pretty easily, Mrazek will have a ton of pressure

Of course that could happen, but right now it's not based on anything. Russians didn't do much so far. Got heavily outshot by Sweden and Swiss, as well as Czech in exhibition. Even Slovakia played pretty close game with them. There is no reason to be scared.

BLBarmada

Happy New Year buddy. :)

Happy New Year to you too !!!

This is directed to everyone !

Happy New Year !

I think that Russia has the skill but I question their heart, if they play with heart they should win easily, if they don't then there's a possible upset. Sweden beat the Russians on heart, and a strong work ethic.

So I wouldn't call a Russia win a certain thing.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
If Czechs score first, they will do what they do best: sit on their lead. If Russia gets a few quick ones, they will fall back and do what they do worst: sit on their lead. Best case scenario for Russia is if they enter the 3rd up by a goal.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Happy New Year to you too !!!

This is directed to everyone !

Happy New Year !

I think that Russia has the skill but I question their heart, if they play with heart they should win easily, if they don't then there's a possible upset. Sweden beat the Russians on heart, and a strong work ethic.

So I wouldn't call a Russia win a certain thing.

I wouldn't question Russia's heart under Bragin....especially in the medal round. I still question the defense though. They've given up a TON of shots.
If Vasilevsky isn't in top form, the Czechs have a chance.

Redhead90

Jun 27, 2011
Mrazek vs Vasilevski should be an interesting match-up. But I think the Russians are just too deep for the Czechs. However I think it'll go into OT/SO

Plus I want VENGEANCE for last year

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
Back from Russia's practice. Russia was all business, all seem focused. Kuzya seemed relaxed and even smiled. Bragin was unusually upbeat leaving the practice. Grigorenko on the way to bus walked without a noticable limp.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
If you're a US fan, cheer for Russia. As a Canadian fan, I'll be cheering for the Czechs but I ain't liking their chances.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
RUSSIA will hammer them,And I cannot wait till the pucks start flying past that cocky Czech goalie either

I smell bitterness around here :sarcasm: ;)

mrazekdec31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad