Post-Game Talk: Quack Quack, Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
As have I. There's a big discrepancy there, because this is exactly what I saw last season on the Moose. We all get our pet prospects though and I could just be seeing the good and ignoring the bad.

Yep he pretty much played this game all season long for the Moose -- I wouldn't call him the most efficient player overall but I don't think I saw him take a shift off and his motor seems like it never quit. With him, PLD, Axel F and Gus we might have one of the most irritating forward corps in the league. I like the player and think that having a dedicated puckhound with speed and enough skill to see a play develop and make his shots count is a pretty useful thing. Really happy to see him get his shot and do well with it.

Only caught the highlights of that one so little to add, except that having a functional 3rd and 4th lines and a PK that makes use of trained PKers who aren't exclusively Beaulieu / Slow and Experienced Vet sure adds another dimension to this team.

And did I see Nate B playing for the Ducks or did I dream it? Somewhere in FLA a fine and amusing HC was studying the game tape and weeping into his smokie...

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yep he pretty much played this game all season long for the Moose -- I wouldn't call him the most efficient player overall but I don't think I saw him take a shift off and his motor seems like it never quit. With him, PLD, Axel F and Gus we might have one of the most irritating forward corps in the league. I like the player and think that having a dedicated puckhound with speed and enough skill to see a play develop and make his shots count is a pretty useful thing. Really happy to see him get his shot and do well with it.

Only caught the highlights of that one so little to add, except that having a functional 3rd and 4th lines and a PK that makes use of trained PKers who aren't exclusively Beaulieu / Slow and Experienced Vet sure adds another dimension to this team.

And did I see Nate B playing for the Ducks or did I dream it? Somewhere in FLA a fine and amusing HC was studying the game tape and weeping into his smokie...

I think he is a step above Axel as he can actually consistently do things with the puck on his stick. Axel is pretty good chasing down pucks trying to get possession but can't do much once the puck is on his stick.

Reactions: GNP and Stumbledore

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I think he is a step above Axel as he can actually consistently do things with the puck on his stick. Axel is pretty good chasing down pucks trying to get possession but can't do much once the puck is on his stick.
One of nature's enduring puzzles.

Why do some of the most beautiful things not perform as well as their less attractive comrades?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I always say that whoever settled here back in the day must have done so in May.

The only reason we all live here is because we all live here. 10,000 years ago, we would have just packed up our shit collectively and started walking - south. I say we can still do that lol.

Hell, there's "York" and "New York". I like the idea of a "New Winnipeg" somewhere in the Arizona mountains or Okanogan Valley

I remember the first November after we moved (I grew up here, wife is American but had visited at Christmas). It was like 10-15 degrees all month and the BOOM -25 overnight. I came home to her crying on the floor saying "why did we move here..."

That was the routine every winter for a few years. Coldsnap followed by tears of regret

That said, I don't see myself doing this 50 more times. Something has to give

It's too bad Canada never annexed Turks & Caicos.

450px-Canada_and_Turks_and_Caicos_Islands.svg.png

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Nope, I'm from Vancouver. If you know the city, from Kitsilano. And the BF is from Richmond.

Moving here didn't take courage, just weighed up the factors, like getting away from the parents who I got stuck with when my first real job disappeared from Covid, plus having the BF already settled here. As for passionate love, this might not end in a Hallmark flourish but things are going really great so far. I'm quite content.

Freezing to death, but content.

Speaking of beaches, we play Florida tomorrow night and I understand a lot of folks around town still have a hate on for Paul Maurice. Could be interesting...
Funny I moved out to Vancouver 5 years ago and live Richmond now. Lived most of life in the Peg and can’t cheer for the Canucks. Jets fan still inside me.
I don’t miss -31 cold. Though I do wish it was sunnier more often in the winter in lower mainland

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's never too late!
Maybe Canada should sell the whole country to the US, providing each Canadian gets $ $10 million cash, and the ability to live in any province or state they want. The US needs our resources ( water etc) and would likely buy the deal. We'd never have to worry about being invaded by a foreign enemy, and we'd all be millionares. I could be very tempted to change flags. Nice winters in Florida, or California may suit me just fine. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad