WC: QFs are set, discuss

Lataba76

Sep 6, 2015
I don't want them to win, I just want this ****** tournament to be over for us as soon as possible.

Still I think we'll win USA, they've never really impressed in the World Championships

But now current! In Round Robin USA are very strong! Fast,goal-hungry,skates very well.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Finland have not convincing in 10 tournament matches(WOH and WC) as a result of. And now in QF will they suddenly Top??? Sorry i ve not so much fantasy ;).

Well, it has happened before. The structure of the tournament simply is such that round robin changes in to a best of one tournament and Finnish mentality ja discipline have proven well suited to this change especially in qf "death match". This team has been underwhelming but I'm pretty sure that they will have their best game up to date today - whether it will be enough, we will see, but the US team surely won't get a win easily.

Lataba76

Sep 6, 2015
Well, it has happened before. The structure of the tournament simply is such that round robin changes in to a best of one tournament and Finnish mentality ja discipline have proven well suited to this change especially in qf "death match". This team has been underwhelming but I'm pretty sure that they will have their best game up to date today - whether it will be enough, we will see, but the US team surely won't get a win easily.

Okay their best game! But on which level? Against this strong US-Team they need a world class performance. Could this Team call up a world class achievement?

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Okay their best game! But on which level? Against this strong US-Team they need a world class performance. Could this Team call up a world class achievement?

Quite right. This is no way just another instance or incident of "the spirit of winter war" but at most only as a vague image in the minds of some Finnish posters who have sucked the sweet milk of Lady Finland too eagerly during their formative years reading mythologies of war history. The current generation of players doesn't even know what the winter war was, hah, not to mention its so called "spirit". Which might be a good thing though. They are much more confident and free from the traumatic national history.

Yet, it is not enough against this great American team which will blow the Finns out of their rubber duck pond like toys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad