Q players have hot start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Q players and alumni are off to a great start at the world juniors.
After 1 game:
Zagrapan 1g
Lascek 1g
Crosby 2g 1a
Bergeron 2g 2a(alumni)
Vrana 3g 1a
Krejci 1a
So far they have the top 3 scorers in the tournament.

Last edited:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
The Messenger said:
I actually thought he was talking about your post..
No,the "what an......"was obviously a response to "what a.........".Besides
there was nothing unintelligent about my post.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
pei fan said:
No,the "what an......"was obviously a response to "what a.........".Besides
there was nothing unintelligent about my post.

NO !!!!!

You can post all the irrelevant stuff you want no one will stop you ..

Its a free country ...

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
The Messenger said:
NO !!!!!

You can post all the irrelevant stuff you want no one will stop you ..

Its a free country ...
Let's see there have been at least a 100 "relevant" posts on this board about
how the Q is the weakest league in the CHL , mostly from westerners.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
pei fan said:
Let's see there have been at least a 100 "relevant" posts on this board about
how the Q is the weakest league in the CHL , mostly from westerners.

So a Slovakian player Zagrapan scores a single goal on the opening day of the tournament and suddenly the Q is better ??

How is that relevant to anything ..

I thought Andrej Meszaros was the best Slovakian player in the game he plays in the WHL.. Does that mean anything ??

You could post that Radulov is off to a poor start .. does that balance things out again because a Russian born player playing in the Q didn't score .. ???

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
The Messenger said:
So a Slovakian player Zagrapan scores a single goal on the opening day of the tournament and suddenly the Q is better ??

How is that relevant to anything ..

I thought Andrej Meszaros was the best Slovakian player in the game he plays in the WHL.. Does that mean anything ??

You could post that Radulov is off to a poor start .. does that balance things out again because a Russian born player playing in the Q didn't score .. ???
What? I didn't say they were better.All I did was post that players from the Q
are off to a good start at the tournament.There are alot of Q fans that post here
and I was just making an observation of players progress.I'm profoundly sorry it
got under your skin so much.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
pei fan said:

Good Question ..

What ?? What are you trying to prove by posting results of some players that play in the QMJHL ??

Are you trying to prove that makes it a better league than the other 2 - OHL and WHL ??

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
pei fan said:
What? I didn't sat they were better.All I did was post that players from the Q
are off to a good start at the tournament.There are alot of Q fans that post here
and I was just making an observation of players progress.I'm profoundly sorry it
got under your skin so much.

Didn't you just say this 1 post earlier ??

"Let's see there have been at least a 100 "relevant" posts on this board about
how the Q is the weakest league in the CHL , mostly from westerners."

Are any of your posts connected or are just posting the first thing that comes into your head ???..

...because your first post of tracking the stats of Q players in the WJC really has no connection to the things about weakest league or prove or disprove anything .. IMO

MontrealSF

Lars Eller.
Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, PQ
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Good Question ..

What ?? What are you trying to prove by posting results of some players that play in the QMJHL ??

Are you trying to prove that makes it a better league than the other 2 - OHL and WHL ??

Geez relax ! He just mentionned that the Q players were off to a good start. (His initial post)

If you don't care about it, just stop posting in this thread.

As for the topic, I really hope Lascek and Zagrapan continue their success. They will be a vital part of Chicoutimi when the playoff will start. Playing well in the WJC is a bonus for the Sags fans.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
RickyF said:
Geez relax ! He just mentionned that the Q players were off to a good start. (His initial post)

As for the topic, I really hope Lascek and Zagrapan continue their success. They will be a vital part of Chicoutimi when the playoff will start. Playing well in the WJC is a bonus for the Sags fans.

Fair enough ..

Not really sure how Lascek and Zagrapan continue their success in the WJC will help the Sags in the playoffs .. Confidence maybe ??

Where you cheering against Canada in the game because of the Sag players??

Shea Weber of Team Canada plays for my Junior team the Rockets .. but I am not sure how his success in the tourney will help the Rockets repeat as Memorial Cup champs, but I am cheering for my Country so I guess that makes it easier.. But I cheer as much for Crosby as I do Weber etc.

In fact it is these so called innocent BOASTING threads that often cause all the heated battles in the first place ..NO ??

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
RickyF said:

I thought Zagrapan looked good yesterday
but they were in pretty tough.I was really impressed with him when I saw him in
Charlottetown this year.Some scouting services have Zagrapan in the top ten and
some don't.He'll certainly be one of the more interesting players to watch.Lascek
is interesting too in that everyone passed on him last year.

Varna had a really big game. Did anybody see it?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
pei fan said:
I thought Zagrapan looked good yesterday
but they were in pretty tough.I was really impressed with him when I saw him in
Charlottetown this year.Some scouting services have Zagrapan in the top ten and
some don't.He'll certainly be one of the more interesting players to watch.Lascek
is interesting too in that everyone passed on him last year.

Varna had a really big game. Did anybody see it?

Marek Zagrapan did have a good game .. He is currently Mckeen's 21 ranked player for the uncoming draft..

If he continues to play well he may even raise his draft stock higher in fact ..

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I think that this post does raise a question though:
I have seen 3 games on TV, one against Switzerland, one against Finland and one against Slovakia:

Bergeron scored 2 goals in each of these games and was the first star of last game.
Crosby followed very close behind him.
Against Switzerland they started 3rd line.
Now we can see that they get prime ice time and some other lines have been down to 3rd line.
We have a few players like Picard, Paiment and Bernier who were totally disregarded.
The best goaltender in the CHL last year, Martin Houle, was not even invited to camp. Julien Ellis is probably top-3 goaltenders in the whole CHL this year and was also ignored.

Now, from what I have seen on TV in these 3 games, I have seen some shaky goaltending, the defense was shaky in 2nd and 3rd of last game, and without Bergeron and Corsby this team's offense would be non existing for long stretches.

Some guys better start shaking their heads from the coach down!!

The Q was again ignored and I will not shy away from that stand that they needed more of the Q rather than less of it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
chsb said:
I have seen 3 games on TV, one against Switzerland, one against Finland and one against Slovakia:

Bergeron scored 2 goals in each of these games and was the first star of last game.
Now we can see that they get prime ice time and some other lines have been down to 3rd line.
We have a few players like Picard, Paiment and Bernier who were totally disregarded.
The best goaltender in the CHL last year, Martin Houle, was not even invited to camp. Julien Ellis is probably top-3 goaltenders in the whole CHL this year and was also ignored.

Now, from what I have seen on TV in these 3 games, I have seen some shaky goaltending, the defense was shaky in 2nd and 3rd of last game, and without Bergeron and Corsby this team's offense would be non existing for long stretches.

The Q was again ignored and I will not shy away from that stand that they needed more of the Q rather than less of it.

See that is what I meant .. These threads usually turn into exactly like your post.

Bergeron is an NHL player I would expect nothing less of him .. He is doing what they brought him in for .... and Team Canada is lucky they have him as he makes this one of the Best Team Canada WJC ever assembled IMO ....

The only way for Team Canada to put an end to all this bickering by winning and then post like yours above will be irrelevant ...because they WON ..

MontrealSF

Lars Eller.
Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, PQ
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Fair enough ..

Not really sure how Lascek and Zagrapan continue their success in the WJC will help the Sags in the playoffs .. Confidence maybe ??

Where you cheering against Canada in the game because of the Sag players??

I don't know who to cheer for. While writing up articles, I have found myself liking more and more players playing on every teams. I was cheering for Team Canada while hoping my Habs prospect Jaroslav Halak would play a decent game.

It will be the same Monday when Heino-Linfberg of Sweden will face Canada. You want your home country playing at his best while not making our real NHL prospects look miserable.

Obviously, I feel Pouliot and Bernier deserved to at least show their skills over Fraser and MacArthur, but hey, this is the team on the ice and it won't change anything :)

I feel the big three has equal chances of winning the tournament and the Czechs are pretty strong too.

... Ok Ok.. I'm cheering for Belarus and Kostitsyn :yo:

Sammy*

chsb said:

If you are going to post such nosense, then perhaps you should write about how the Q looked like a bunch of school boys compared to the Dub when they played against the Russians. Thats a heck of alot more relevent then the comments in your post. I dunno why so many Q fans whine & complain about the lack about the lack of Q players for teamCanada. I suppose all the NHL scouts had some grand conspiracy against Q players over the last 20 years, as the other 2 CHL leagues crushed them in terms of drafted players.
Give it up Bud, it gets old.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
RickyF said:
Obviously, I feel Pouliot and Bernier deserved to at least show their skills over Fraser and MacArthur, but hey, this is the team on the ice and it won't change anything :)

I feel the big three has equal chances of winning the tournament and the Czechs are pretty strong too.

In fact I feel Richards-Stewart-Dawes better improve their games .. I thought except for Dixon dragging that energy line down ( :D ) that MacArthur and Fraser where the second best unit after Crosby's unit in the first game .. and Stewart and Dawes have not even looked that good in the exhibition games either .. They are ones that better get their preverbial butts in gear if Canada hopes to win ..

and your that last line while it may be true is just plain irrelevant when it comes to cheering for your country to win .. How those countries do is of no real importance to this fan .. :D

Last edited:

MontrealSF

Lars Eller.
Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, PQ
Visit site
Sammy said:
If you are going to post such nosense, then perhaps you should write about how the Q looked like a bunch of school boys compared to the Dub when they played against the Russians. Thats a heck of alot more relevent then the comments in your post. I dunno why so many Q fans whine & complain about the lack about the lack of Q players for teamCanada. I suppose all the NHL scouts had some grand conspiracy against Q players over the last 20 years, as the other 2 CHL leagues crushed them in terms of drafted players.
Give it up Bud, it gets old.

Honestly, I would have like seeing the WHL play against Russia's #1 goaltender and not their backup. But hey, if you think 2 meaningless wins over some Russian players makes the WHL cristal clear best junior league in the country, good for you.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
RickyF said:
Honestly, I would have like seeing the WHL play against Russia's #1 goaltender and not their backup. But hey, if you think 2 meaningless wins over some Russian players makes the WHL cristal clear best junior league in the country, good for you.

Do you honestly believe that had the Team Canada coach been from the Q that Team Canada's defense would be significantly different ??

Why do you feel the Q is so discriminted against ??

Nobody complains when the Q turns out Team Canada's goalies year after year ..

Why is it hard to accept that other leagues could turn out players as well .. ???

That is why I kind of gave the thread starter grief ..Bergeron and Crosby etc are scoring against Slovakia and not playing against Phaneuf, Barker, Coburn and Weber ???

You do bring up a interesting idea though .. Inter leagues games .. Rimouski should play games agaist Red Deer and London .. The NFL has intra league matches perhaps the CHL sould adopt a similar strategy .. Rather than playing only your own league ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad