OT: PWHL: Ottawa Alert

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They are only one win away from claiming fourth place and they have a game in hand. All the games in this league have been close and Ottawa is right in there in terms of goals for and against differential...

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Did I miss it or did they never acknowledge that Clark went missing in the first and never came back?

These broadcasts aren't the best, I know the broadcasters are learning or whatever but it is like they have no reply access or are not paying attention to the whole picture, they seem to miss some obvious stuff and rarely correct themselves.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Did I miss it or did they never acknowledge that Clark went missing in the first and never came back?

These broadcasts aren't the best, I know the broadcasters are learning or whatever but it is like they have no reply access or are not paying attention to the whole picture, they seem to miss some obvious stuff and rarely correct themselves.
I know it is late..

you are hardcore.. The vast majority of PWHL fans are newbies and casual.. No need for ultra details.

it will come in 2-3 years when the fan base gains a larger hardcore element.

The minutiae of the game will make it boring for casual fans. Some 14 year old girl, just wants a pretty picture painted. If she is a true fan, in 2-3 years, she will be on here and will want details.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa ladies hang on for a big 4-2 win after a nailbiter last minute including a big shot block by Ashton Bell on an open net chance by New York.

A much needed win by a group that's had problems closing out games.

Reactions: Snowwy and Flamingo

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Ottawa down 4-0 in 2nd period against Taranta

4-1 after 2

Last edited:

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
That was the first game I've attended (and watched in general) and have to say I was really disappointed with the intensity. Looked like all the players were skating in mud, giveaways galore, icing the puck like crazy. League needs a serious infusion of talent.

Was really excited to see them in person for the first time since I've heard it was good hockey but someone sold me some waterfront property if yesterday's game is anything to go off of

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Our PWHL team is a good cautionary tale about advanced stats in hockey. Apparently this team's advanced stats are great and compare very favourably to every other team in the league. If you were to show just the advanced stats to people they would assume that Ottawa is a top two team in the league. Unfortunately, when it comes to the numbers on the scoreboard that ultimately matter, they are dead last...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Our PWHL team is a good cautionary tale about advanced stats in hockey. Apparently this team's advanced stats are great and compare very favourably to every other team in the league. If you were to show just the advanced stats to people they would assume that Ottawa is a top two team in the league. Unfortunately, when it comes to the numbers on the scoreboard that ultimately matter, they are dead last...
I haven't seen any adv stats for the league, or watched a game, but the team sv% is league worst by a wide margin, I'm not sure you can win in a league with .900 sv% when the rest of the league averages .932% Are they leaving the goalie hung out to dry or is it bad goals, idk, but all the good adv stats in the world isn't overcoming that gap.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa loses 4-3 on penalties

I tuned in with 5 minutes left in the 3rd. Ottawa did great to hang in there, disrupting most shot attempts during Minny's extended o-zone possessions, then turned the tables to dominate for a few shitfs. And in overtime, we held the majority of puck possession and got most of the scoring opportunities. Nice to see Watts looking dangerous with a couple nice scoring chances.

Abstreiter looked great, 43 saves on 46 shots. Nice to see a strong showing from our 2nd string goalie. Shame it ended in a loss

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
These ladies are skilled but they seem to try for high difficulty passes when a simple shot would do

Jenner hits the post on a down and out Boston goalie.

Ugh.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Ottawa makes 2 trades on trade deadline day

PWHL Ottawa made two deals before Monday’s trade deadline.

In the first deal, Ottawa acquired forward Tereza Vanišová from PWHL Montreal in exchange for defender Amanda Boulier.

Next, Ottawa acquired forward Shiann Darkangelo from PWHL Boston in exchange for forward Lexie Adzija and the rights to forward Caitrin Lonergan.

Both deals were approved ahead of the 4 p.m. ET deadline.

Vanišová, 28, has two goals and eight assists in 17 games for Montreal this season. She was selected in the seventh round of the PWHL Draft.

Boulier was Ottawa’s 13th-round selection in the PWHL draft. The 30-year-old has registered one goal and five assists in 17 games this season.

Darkangelo, who joins Ottawa along with Vanišová, had recorded one assist in 17 games for Boston this season.

Adzija, 23, heads to Boston after scoring five goals and dishing out three assists with Ottawa. Boston also acquired the rights to Lonergan, who is not signed by a team, but is a two-time Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award finalist which is handed out to the top female college hockey player.

In the inaugural PWHL season, Montreal sits third with 30 points, while Boston sits fourth (22 points) and Ottawa in fifth (21 points).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00