OT: PWHL: Ottawa Alert

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Was certainly a great game. Was very impressed with the production, the Youtube stream, as well as the websites. I think the leagues off to a great start.

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kristin O'Neill is a little puck hound with a good motor. She made that happen.

Not the same caliber as watching Team Canada vs Team USA rivalry series but its not bad.

Reactions: bert

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
In typical Ottawa fashion give the puck away and its in the back of the net shortly after.

Ottawa dominated that game from the looks of it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
In typical Ottawa fashion give the puck away and its in the back of the net shortly after.

Ottawa dominated that game from the looks of it.
They were the much better team when I was watching. Deeper, faster, better puck possession. Montreals second goal was very lucky. One thing that did stand out to me was that Ottawa had one D man that could not keep up #28. Felt bad for her the discrepancy was massive.

Kristin O'Neill is a little puck hound with a good motor. She made that happen.

Not the same caliber as watching Team Canada vs Team USA rivalry series but its not bad.
Was pleasantly surprised by the pace seemed very on par with Canada USA games. Just a couple depth players were the difference.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Only watched the first two periods but Ottawa was the much better team in those periods. Could be a pretty good team from the looks of it

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Was certainly a great game. Was very impressed with the production, the Youtube stream, as well as the websites. I think the leagues off to a great start.
Not having team names and related Merch ready to go prior to XMas was huge Marketing fumble….

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not having team names and related Merch ready to go prior to XMas was huge Marketing fumble….
I believe the alternative was starting the league up next season, rather than magically get things done before xmas. Not sure what the right move was, I guess time will tell.

Reactions: Larionov

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
They were the much better team when I was watching. Deeper, faster, better puck possession. Montreals second goal was very lucky. One thing that did stand out to me was that Ottawa had one D man that could not keep up #28. Felt bad for her the discrepancy was massive.

Was pleasantly surprised by the pace seemed very on par with Canada USA games. Just a couple depth players were the difference.
Haha it took 4 posts for bert to complain about the small player. You sure do have a type.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I believe the alternative was starting the league up next season, rather than magically get things done before xmas. Not sure what the right move was, I guess time will tell.
The PWHL was announced on August 29th of last year.

So apparently not enough time to come up with team Names and Merch.

Like I said before, huge marketing fumble

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Haha it took 4 posts for bert to complain about the small player. You sure do have a type.
There were plenty of small players that were fantastic. I like good players dont care about their size. Boulier couldnt keep up. Cost the team the tying goal as well. Maybe I just pay close attention?.....

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Maschmeyer is a good goalie, but last night she wasn't it. Need to make some saves, especially as Montreal was generally on the back foot. Desbiens played much better, which was the reason Montreal wasn't scored on a lot more.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The PWHL was announced on August 29th of last year.

So apparently not enough time to come up with team Names and Merch.

Like I said before, huge marketing fumble
Boy this board sure is impatient first with Staios now this. Which is kinda ironic as its Ottawa which is the slowest city to do anything as its a government town. I was having a discussion with someone today about how they were smart and didnt move forward with name due to the back lash as it was rushed. So overall I disagree, rushing it would have been a huge marketing fumble. Its just going to gain momentum this year it was obviously a huge success last night. Then they can do a big reveal and hype up for next season with new uniforms and merch.

Reactions: Snowwy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Boy this board sure is impatient first with Staios now this. Which is kinda ironic as its Ottawa which is the slowest city to do anything as its a government town. I was having a discussion with someone today about how they were smart and didnt move forward with name due to the back lash as it was rushed. So overall I disagree, rushing it would have been a huge marketing fumble. Its just going to gain momentum this year it was obviously a huge success last night. Then they can do a big reveal and hype up for next season with new uniforms and merch.
Three months to come up with six team names, and merch, to be ready for the XMas season…… ?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Three months to come up with six team names, and merch, to be ready for the XMas season…… ?
3 months to build an entire league, schedule, personnel, agreements with venues, rosters. Travel, meal plans, finding places for these women to live etc etc etc.

They tried to do team names and realized they are rushing it due to back lash. They are actually doing things right. Much like the current ownership and management with the sens. These things take time.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022

3 months to have trademark requests for names and logos filed and approved is not a lot of time. That's not even considering coming up with the names, designs, colorways, etc.

This isn't like coming up with a name for your fantasy football team.

Reactions: Mars and bert

Emerica

May 29, 2010
3 months to have trademark requests for names and logos filed and approved is not a lot of time. That's not even considering coming up with the names, designs, colorways, etc.

This isn't like coming up with a name for your fantasy football team.
don’t get why the pwhl didn’t hire @Tnuoc Alucard to be the league’s commissioner. He’d would’ve had everything sorted out in two weeks. He’d have drawn the logos himself and had all the merch printed out from his basement

Reactions: NyQuil and bert

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
don’t get why the pwhl didn’t hire @Tnuoc Alucard to be the league’s commissioner. He’d would’ve had everything sorted out in two weeks. He’d have drawn the logos himself and had all the merch printed out from his basement

three months was more than enough time to come up with names and logos….. they actually did come up ( and trademarked) with the six names in late October ….. the logos could have been created easily… with AI if needed.

BOSTON WICKED
MINNESOTA SUPERIOR
MONTREAL ECHO
NEW YORK SOUND
OTTAWA ALERT
TORONTO TORCH

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
three months was more than enough time to come up with names and logos….. they actually did come up ( and trademarked) with the six names in late October ….. the logos could have been created easily… with AI if needed.

BOSTON WICKED
MINNESOTA SUPERIOR
MONTREAL ECHO
NEW YORK SOUND
OTTAWA ALERT
TORONTO TORCH

Lol! Just gave it a try, with the prompt "Create a logo for a hockey team named the Ottawa Alert".

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 6.42.45 PM.png

I'd buy a jersey with that on it. Go Ottawa Ojilates!

Also, from what I understand, trademark applications have been filed. In the US, it takes 12-18 months for a trademark to be approved.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
It was a good game, Montreal was noticeably better in the third after Ottawa dominated P1 and P2.

I will get to a game or 2.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Lol! Just gave it a try, with the prompt "Create a logo for a hockey team named the Ottawa Alert".

View attachment 795320

I'd buy a jersey with that on it. Go Ottawa Ojilates!

Also, from what I understand, trademark applications have been filed. In the US, it takes 12-18 months for a trademark to be approved.

I just used an AI Art Generator and it came up with this…for Boston

1704397087609.png

took less than a minute

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
I just used an AI Art Generator and it came up with this…for Boston

View attachment 795789
took less than a minute

That's a terrible logo, lol. Do you think this is good?

Also:

In Canada, the trademark approval process can take between 18 to 36 months for examination, depending on various factors such as the filing method and the presence of any office actions
The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) states that the process usually takes 12 to 18 months, with no guarantee of approval due to various legal reasons
. However, in the US, it takes a minimum of 8 months to register a trademark, and the overall registration process can take 36-42 months if there are objections or office actions
. These timelines are subject to change based on the specific circumstances of each application.

Answered via AI!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4