OT: PWHL: Ottawa Alert

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1704397709293.png

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I get why folks think it was a marketing fumble not having logos, better merchandise, etc., but as others have pointed out timelines were tight, and resources were not infinite. Better to focus on the product first, start with a modest schedule and uniforms, and build it out from there. I think they are doing it the right way. What would have been worse would have been to put out rushed logos and jerseys that looked amateur hour, which would have been an excuse for everyone to pile on...

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
-in November of 2024, USA elections. Many polls are suggesting Trump will eek out a win. With him is expected to be a more conservative, more right wing, more white supremist, more chauvinist movement.

the PWHL in the USA wanted to beat that

-Starting in 2024 NCAA football is going to look significantly different. And will introduce a 4 round playoff. It is expected to dominate the sports landscape from late August to early January.

The PWHL in the United States and to a lesser extent in Canada needed to beat that

-The NBA introduced their in-season tournament this year. With tweaks, it will return next year and possibly be bigger and get more attention. It operates from October to December.

The PWHL in the States and to a minor extent in Canada needed to beat that

-The 2024/2025 WJC is in Ottawa

The PWHL needed to beat that

The PWHL had no choice but to rush a start. They were faced with a window of opportunity that would slam shut if they waited until 2024.

They can now use the next 7 months to get team names, logos and uniforms and tweak start up issues and other.

this was a smart move.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
JR said game 1 on TSN5 had 450k viewers for a regional game and 150k on RDS, not sure if that was peak or average.
Still good numbers for regional.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I get why folks think it was a marketing fumble not having logos, better merchandise, etc., but as others have pointed out timelines were tight, and resources were not infinite. Better to focus on the product first, start with a modest schedule and uniforms, and build it out from there. I think they are doing it the right way. What would have been worse would have been to put out rushed logos and jerseys that looked amateur hour, which would have been an excuse for everyone to pile on...
Right now the jerseys and logos are amateurish, All the teams look the same, except for the colour… It‘s like there are six teams from the same high school district…… if you flip on to a channel, and two teams are playing, you can’t tell by the Jersey, they are all the same.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
-in November of 2024, USA elections. Many polls are suggesting Trump will eek out a win. With him is expected to be a more conservative, more right wing, more white supremist, more chauvinist movement.

put down the bong, slide away from the table and clean off the Cheetos dust from your crotch…. Go out side for some fresh air.

Oh and stop listening to, and reciting left wing progressive talking points, as if they mean something.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
At least they have already got the Ottawa attitude.......losing

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Right now the jerseys and logos are amateurish, All the teams look the same, except for the colour… It‘s like there are six teams from the same high school district…… if you flip on to a channel, and two teams are playing, you can’t tell by the Jersey, they are all the same.
Hey, I don't love it either - I'm just saying that a) it's somewhat understandable given the circumstances and b) there was an alternative outcome that was worse, which was a rushed job that resulted in bad uniforms and logos that people ridiculed. Boring and unimaginative is a better outcome than that. It's early days for this league - this will get addressed, probably by next season.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Hey, I don't love it either - I'm just saying that a) it's somewhat understandable given the circumstances and b) there was an alternative outcome that was worse, which was a rushed job that resulted in bad uniforms and logos that people ridiculed. Boring and unimaginative is a better outcome than that. It's early days for this league - this will get addressed, probably by next season.
With only a 24 games schedule, this season’s Champion will not seem as a true a championship team, when compared to next Season’s and future seasons when they play a full (?) game schedule.

Game 7 Meltdown

Sep 24, 2019
With only a 24 games schedule, this season’s Champion will not seem as a true a championship team, when compared to next Season’s and future seasons when they play a full (?) game schedule.
That's why Canada's victory at the Vancouver Olympics and Sid's goal are not true gold-medal performances. They didn't play 82 games plus playoffs. In Argentina and Spain nobody celebrates their recent World Cup wins for much the same reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Larionov

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
That's why Canada's victory at the Vancouver Olympics and Sid's goal are not true gold-medal performances. They didn't play 82 games plus playoffs. In Argentina and Spain nobody celebrates their recent World Cup wins for much the same reason.
Are you comparing an Olympic tournament to the NHL regular season?

The NHL rewards the Stanley Cup Champions, with the Stanley Cup, not Gold medals?

why not compare the 82 regular season Stanley Cup Champions, to the strike/lockout shortened 48 game regular season Stanley Cup Champions?

1704645116687.gif

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
put down the bong, slide away from the table and clean off the Cheetos dust from your crotch…. Go out side for some fresh air.

Oh and stop listening to, and reciting left wing progressive talking points, as if they mean something.
long live Trump..NOT

Reactions: Flamingo

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007

It is so disheartening to see how much of this crap people will spew if it's thrown in front of them long enough. It's really the end of the Western rule that we're facing.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
So anyway,

6pm game start tonight. Hoping they can keep up the strong play in Boston.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
I ran a prompt through Runway a bunch of times to have it create a jersey design and it returned this "logo" or some variation of it many times

An abstract jersey d.jpg

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
PWHL game tonight in Boston has been postponed due to a nasty storm in the Boston area that has largely shut down their airport. Ottawa players spent about eight hours at the airport trying to get out before the league decided to abandon ship and reschedule....

• Wow
Reactions: Snowwy and Senscore

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I ran a prompt through Runway a bunch of times to have it create a jersey design and it returned this "logo" or some variation of it many times

View attachment 798817
Alerts are hyenas?

Trumps own vitriolic rants are left-wing progressive talking points?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Trump: “I’m a racist autocrat.”
Beech: “Trump is a racist autocrat.”
Dracula: “Don’t believe MSM!”
Trust me, the two current probable candidates for POTUS, are both terrible Choices.

Sure the MSM claim Trump is a racist, but never, never offer a shred of proof… so don’t take their word for it.

However, there is way more proof that the current POTUS is a racist, than the former POTUS….. the current POTUS took a lead role in the fight, speaking out repeatedly and forcefully against sending white children to majority-black schools and black children to majority-white school back in the seventies …..He eulogized Robert Byrd, who was the grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK).

If you know of anything Trump did, that comes close to what his successor has done, let us know.

Last edited:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Trust me, the two current probable candidates for POTUS, are both terrible Choices.

Sure the MSM claim Trump is a racist, but never, never offer a shred of proof… so don’t take their word for it.

However, there is way more proof that the current POTUS is a racist, than the former POTUS….. the current POTUS took a lead role in the fight, speaking out repeatedly and forcefully against sending white children to majority-black schools and black children to majority-white school back in the seventies …..He eulogized Robert Byrd, who was the grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK).

If you know of anything Trump did, that comes close to what his successor has done, let us know.

Again with media. I'm not citing any media interpretation. Just look at Trump's own words. This has the potential to blow up into a protracted political and ethical debate. My point is that people who defend Trump's odious behavior deflect by denying plain facts and blaming the media/MSM/liberal media for spreading propaganda and lies. It's really weak and it tears a huge hole in the fabric of society.

You want Trump examples?

Per Trump, immigrants are "poisoning the blood of our country." That's a quote from this year.

A little further back in time, a group in Charlottesville gathered to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. Another group of counter-protesters gatheres. An individual drove their car into the counter-protesters, killing one and injuring many. At the risk of criticizing his Confederation-loving supporters, his statement was that "I think there was blame on both sides."

And I could dig up everything about Trump not accepting black residents in his NYC apartment complexes in 1980s and 1990s.

On Biden's opposition to the USA's bussing program, sure, most opposition came from white parents who didn't want black students bussed to their schools, aligning that position with racist attitudes. Biden's response to that was he opposed federal mandates of programs that should be managed locally, at the level where racial segregation by neighbourhoods was understood and could be more well-administered. I had to google all that this morning, so if you think there's a point about Biden's postion that you really think outs him as racist, you'll have to present it more clearly.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Is it me or we're sounding very American right now?

Everything is political and everything is the opposite party/party leaders fault.

If you're left wing you blame Trump and the Republicans for everything, and If you're right wing you blame Biden and the Democrats for everything.

Let's not try to be American. Let's be more moderate...more in the middle. More willing to go with the better idea regardless of who it comes from...you know, less bias...

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Is it me or we're sounding very American right now?

Everything is political and everything is the opposite party/party leaders fault.

If you're left wing you blame Trump and the Republicans for everything, and If you're right wing you blame Biden and the Democrats for everything.

Let's not try to be American. Let's be more moderate...more in the middle. More willing to go with the better idea regardless of who it comes from...you know, less bias...

"Let's be more moderate...more in the middle." If anyone sounds quintessentially American, it's this quote, which has gotten the Americans media that reports on politics like a horse race, and that writes both-sides stories instead of actual criticism of either side.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
"Let's be more moderate...more in the middle." If anyone sounds quintessentially American, it's this quote, which has gotten the Americans media that reports on politics like a horse race, and that writes both-sides stories instead of actual criticism of either side.

I'm sorry, but that's the opposite of American.

American is all about us vs them.

Families literally align politically, and if not are shamed.

That's not the case here.

I couldn't disagree more with your post.

Americans will literally fight followers of the opposite group and avoid them and not befriend them.

Here, I couldn't tell you who half the people vote for, because it's not brought up in every facet of life.

So, sorry to say, but you couldn't be more wrong.

Americans don't know how to be moderate or in the middle. It's one or the other.

It's common knowledge that America is very divided so I'm surprised you're unaware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad