Player Discussion: Pulock

Isles1966

Oct 14, 2017
From watching his AHL highlights, he was very good at jumping in to the play on a line rush and finding an open passing lane. From high slot in he had a great snap-wrist shot a la Clutterbuck to the top corners but better percentage of being accurate than Clutter. As he gets more comfortable this could be something that will really add to the Isles offence.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Bumping this after last night. Thought he was absolutely amazing with the puck on his stick. He’s a little slow but his hands are unreal. Hopefully he can gain a little quickness. He needs a faster partne than seidenberg

Reactions: bigtim1988

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think Pulock will need 2-3 years to hone his craft and I think he will make a splendid addition and he'll definitely have a full career.

Reactions: dood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bumping this after last night. Thought he was absolutely amazing with the puck on his stick. He’s a little slow but his hands are unreal. Hopefully he can gain a little quickness. He needs a faster partne than seidenberg

He did really well offensively last night. Having a defenseman who can dangle is really valuable, because he's more than a shot then. If he's in the lineup we have two defenseman who can get around the opposition, plus Tavares, Barzal, and Ho-Sang. That's a lot of "puck transporters."

Reactions: Strait2thecup

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
He's still a rookie, so the guy is gonna make mistakes...He'll be choppy all year and probably for the next 2 years...every year being better than the last..

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Really glad to hear he had a good game on Friday. He needs to become a mainstay in the lineup. Hopefully he makes the decision easy for Weight.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Looks better every game.

Needs to work on his composure though. Seems like every time he realizes he has a chance to shoot, he fumbles the puck a bit. Too excited to let his cannon of a shot go.

His puck carry ability is very good.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Since he took the shot --- any word on how Luongo is doing? Looked like he ripped his groin/hip something fierce. Yikes.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Makes you appreciate a MacAvoy, dmen need so much time to develop.

Pulock is so weird to me stylistically because when you watch him he goes around guys so easily on the rush.

Also, please let his partners feed him more.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Makes you appreciate a MacAvoy, dmen need so much time to develop.

Pulock is so weird to me stylistically because when you watch him he goes around guys so easily on the rush.

Also, please let his partners feed him more.
He’s a really weird player. I don’t know how he can rush the puck so well with just average skating ability.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I've really liked what I've seen from Pulock the past few games. He rushes the puck so well, I'll end up thinking its Leddy at first. Guy is showing he belongs

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I've really liked what I've seen from Pulock the past few games. He rushes the puck so well, I'll end up thinking its Leddy at first. Guy is showing he belongs

With Leddy... he can actualize into a top pairing guy very quickly... he came to life against the Pens,

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
A shinning spot in a **** game. Kid played great with a lot of poise. Helped that he was playing with a great Dman in Leddy.

shinningtreehoursehorror.jpg

Reactions: FourRings

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
I always knew Pulock was really good offensively, but this season, he keeps on pulling out these moves that really leave impressed. He's gifted offensively, and I think you need to play him more often.

I'm not sure you still play him with Leddy once Boychuk comes back, but I think he needs more minutes, and more opportunities to shoot the puck.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Finally, Pulock getting some praise around here... ALL he needed was the opportunity.

He belongs on the ice gaining experience, not in the pressbox or AHL.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I agree, he has looked like a NHL d-man lately. Hopefully his confidence soars soon. I took my 1o year old son to the ST. Augustine Pier over the weekend fishing with the big local boys. Anyway, long story short, for about an hour he had no bites and his body language sagged and I t hink he felt intimidated by the local old pro's giving him the stink eye. Low and behold he pulls up a nice size red fish. The locals eyes popped and all of a suddden for hours upon hours my boy turned into the mayor of the pier. Now I pretend I get a call from St. Augustine asking if he can fish over the weekend there. (lol) Morale of the story, confidence goes a long way. sorry to hijack the Pulock thread alittle. Anyway, hope our 1st rounder is developing into the guy we hoped.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
What I'd look for if/when we make a trade:

Leddy-Boychuk
New Guy-Pulock
deHaan-Mayfield

Get a two-way or a defensive guy in that spot, and all of the sudden our defense becomes very well-rounded. Obviously, so long as Pulock plays like he did last night. The Kings were confident in Voynov when he was starting his NHL career to give him top-4 minutes as a contending team. Pulock is actually on a very similar track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad