Player Discussion: Pulock

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
5 Games played 3 points and playing at a + 1. I am seeing a guy jumping in the play all of a sudden and getting shots off. Do I see a defensive liability like I heard all pre season? not really If you ask my 2 cents.

It would behoove the Isles to just let this guy play minutes and figure it out. I see a guy slowly getting better.

Do I have my tinted Isles glasses on or is Pulock starting to look like a top 6 atleast NHL d-man? Also, was curious your thoughts on the ceiling for this kid.

let's go Isles, beat the Avalanche and shake off the tough loss last night

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
5 Games played 3 points and playing at a + 1. I am seeing a guy jumping in the play all of a sudden and getting shots off. Do I see a defensive liability like I heard all pre season? not really If you ask my 2 cents.

It would behoove the Isles to just let this guy play minutes and figure it out. I see a guy slowly getting better.

Do I have my tinted Isles glasses on or is Pulock starting to look like a top 6 atleast NHL d-man? Also, was curious your thoughts on the ceiling for this kid.

let's go Isles, beat the Avalanche and shake off the tough loss last night

His big shot gets the forwards to kind of curl off a bit and he has a better set of hands than I realized. Creates a lot of offensive opportunities and is not as bad as some said in his own zone. I agree, let this kid play.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I think he's been good. No glaring mistakes, has been trying to contribute at even strength, definitely a factor on the PP. Just let him play through the season and he'll be a regular top-4 defenseman.

Reactions: SI90

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Everyone freaking out after preseason just look silly now. He's been solid.

Reactions: MJF

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm just happy he's playing good defensively. We know what his shot can do and he has really good offensive instincts. He was originally drafted in the WHL as a forward.

Just continue to be reliable defensively and he will be a mainstain. Hickey needs to be shipped out ASAP.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Hes been solid. not the fastest guy but the speed has not been a huge issue and hes actually very good on the rush. Multiple times last night he made a quick move around a capital defender and got a shot through. Hope he keeps up the good play

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Exactly. As a team, this is the best they've ever played. Weight obviously knows how to coach these guys better than Capuano ever could. I only wish some guys were playing over others.

Mayfield was our best defenseman all year and then he gets pulled out for Seidenberg and Hickey. Seriously? Why has he sat for 3 games now? It has nothing to do with accountability because Clutterbuck and Chimera play like steaming garbage every game and yet they stay in. We could easily have 4 or more points if it wasn't for some of these lineup decisions.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Man was that a slick move last night. He didn't convert but he knocked off Holtbys helmet.....

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
His offensive skill and powerplay presence is great to have and he's been solid. He hasn't made any crazy bonehead moves in his own end but you can see his struggles in the corners. Overall he's played up to par for whats considered a 3rd pair slot. Still has top 4 potential i think

peter021

Apr 2, 2009
St. Petersburg, FL
His offensive skill and powerplay presence is great to have and he's been solid. He hasn't made any crazy bonehead moves in his own end but you can see his struggles in the corners. Overall he's played up to par for whats considered a 3rd pair slot. Still has top 4 potential i think

That's been the only real negative I've seen in his defensive play so far. I thought he played the 3-on-1 really well last night. Got the Caps player to make an errant pass with that stick/head fake he pulled.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I'm just happy he's playing good defensively. We know what his shot can do and he has really good offensive instincts. He was originally drafted in the WHL as a forward.

Just continue to be reliable defensively and he will be a mainstain. Hickey needs to be shipped out ASAP.

I'm telling you guys - Snow will resign Hickey to a cheap deal, and come trade deadline, CDH will be traded, simply because he is due to make too much money on his next contract, and we have the kids getting better.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm telling you guys - Snow will resign Hickey to a cheap deal, and come trade deadline, CDH will be traded, simply because he is due to make too much money on his next contract, and we have the kids getting better.

Very possible.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've been hesitant to comment on him because of the lack of time he's gotten. It's apparent that he needs to play. The strength of this team is the ability to score points, and he adds to that. None of the players replacing him add to that strength and are only mildly, at best, better than him defensively. The team has depth on the back end, but it's low end depth and redundancy. Weight obviously doesn't want to roll with the three youngsters on defense, but I think he has to at this point.

Reactions: Eberzal

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Very possible.

I hope to hell we don't re-up Hickey, it's time to aim higher. He is a bottom pairing guy. I know some love him, others (myself included) hate him. We can do better, he specializes in NOTHING. Pulock has the bomb and offensive instincts, Mayfield is a big and tough SOB, Pelech is tracking well. As PK just noted, let talent win out. 3 kids in the lineup is not ideal, but they aren't really 'kids' anymore since they've all been pros for years even if it was in the AHL.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I hope to hell we don't re-up Hickey, it's time to aim higher. He is a bottom pairing guy. I know some love him, others (myself included) hate him. We can do better, he specializes in NOTHING. Pulock has the bomb and offensive instincts, Mayfield is a big and tough SOB, Pelech is tracking well. As PK just noted, let talent win out. 3 kids in the lineup is not ideal, but they aren't really 'kids' anymore since they've all been pros for years even if it was in the AHL.

I hope not either.

I don't think having Mayfield Pelech and Pulock all in is a big deal. They have been playing pro hockey for a few years now and all have played in the NHL at some point before this season including playoffs.

Hickey has his moments every once in a while but the team has outgrown him and he's not what we need.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Man was that a slick move last night. He didn't convert but he knocked off Holtbys helmet.....
Holtby shakes his mask off because the puck is behind his net and his guys are outnumbered there. It should be delay of game-he has done it against us before.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
The lineup.

Hickey didn't lose the game last night. Neither did Seidenberg (But I do agree that Mayfield should play over them both based on early returns). Halak lost what should have been the 4th win in a row by playing god awful. The lineup held a pretty gifted offense to less than 20 shots. The lineup wasn't the problem. So many rookies/young kids that the first few weeks were going to be a feeling out process. I don't think you just hand all these spots out...not in a season that playoffs are necessary.

Reactions: Baeron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad