PTD 2014 Thread

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
To me, I think this draft is going to the wave of the future around here. I've enjoyed my time with the ATD for sure but there's only so much research you can do into an older player. While I will definitely take part in a 2015 ATD I doubt very much I would take part in any of the lesser drafts going forward (I would take part in a 2014 AAA as I already committed to it), this draft seems more relaxed and less time-consuming than the ATD/MLD/AAA/AA/A drafts.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
To me, I think this draft is going to the wave of the future around here. I've enjoyed my time with the ATD for sure but there's only so much research you can do into an older player. While I will definitely take part in a 2015 ATD I doubt very much I would take part in any of the lesser drafts going forward (I would take part in a 2014 AAA as I already committed to it), this draft seems more relaxed and less time-consuming than the ATD/MLD/AAA/AA/A drafts.

This is the worst thing I have read all week.

All I can do is pray to the hfboards gods that you are alone in thinking this way.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Didn't the MLD used to be the "relaxed" draft, back when it existed to find players who should be in future ATDs, before it was a stand-alone?

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
We have around five or six members interested in another PTD.

1. Hawkman
2. Hawkey Town 18
3. tony d
4. Ret
5. ResilientBeast
6. TheDevilMadeMe?

Do you guys want to go ahead and start another PTD or scrap the idea since interest is low? I'm fine either way. If we go ahead with the draft, I think tony d's suggestion of players born in 1946 and later sounds good.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
We have around five or six members interested in another PTD.

1. Hawkman
2. Hawkey Town 18
3. tony d
4. Ret
5. ResilientBeast
6. TheDevilMadeMe?

Do you guys want to go ahead and start another PTD or scrap the idea since interest is low? I'm fine either way. If we go ahead with the draft, I think tony d's suggestion of players born in 1946 and later sounds good.

Definitely would like to get some more participants. Would suggest PMing the participants from the first PTD

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Definitely would like to get some more participants. Would suggest PMing the participants from the first PTD
I have PMed Rob Scuderi, papershoes, and Hobnobs. Selfish Man seems to be MIA since August. Hopefully more members will join.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Don't count on me joining

Busy with the wingers project, and knowing my OCD, if this involves more than just players I saw play (goes earlier than the first PTD), I most definitely will do research. And if I'm doing research, I would want it to be for something all-time. Just a personal preference

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
It's been over a week and there has been no new participants. We are still at 5:

1. Hawkman
2. Hawkey Town 18
3. tony d
4. Ret
5. ResilientBeast

Do you guys want to cancel the draft since interest is low?

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's been over a week and there has been no new participants. We are still at 5:

1. Hawkman
2. Hawkey Town 18
3. tony d
4. Ret
5. ResilientBeast

Do you guys want to cancel the draft since interest is low?

I would still do it if everyone else was on board but I'd really like to get some more participants. My next suggestion would be PMing everyone that participated in the main ATD last year. I'm only on my phone until tomorrow so I can't help you until then. Maybe see if hawkman is available as he can also PM multiple people at once, otherwise let me know and I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Also if we do this we really need to have a quick pace as this must be completed before the main draft begins in a couple months.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Another idea to throw out there...the first few picks will have large advantage. I would recommend letting the end of the draft order pick first in both rounds 2 & 3, then going back to the usual snake format starting in round 4.

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Another idea to throw out there...the first few picks will have large advantage. I would recommend letting the end of the draft order pick first in both rounds 2 & 3, then going back to the usual snake format starting in round 4.

I think this is a good idea. I have PMed all the active members from the last ATD. Thanks for the suggestions.

We now have 6 members on board and the suggested time frames are:

- guys born 1946 and after
- start in the 66-67 rookie's season or players born in 1948 or later
- players born in 1960 and later

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
...the suggested time frames are:

- guys born 1946 and after
- start in the 66-67 rookie's season or players born in 1948 or later

If you adopt one of the first two times frames, I'm in. I'll try to keep an eye on this, but if this works out, then a pm would be wonderful. :)

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
If you adopt one of the first two times frames, I'm in. I'll try to keep an eye on this, but if this works out, then a pm would be wonderful. :)
Okay, a PM will be sent out to everyone if this gets rolling.

Here are the votes so far for which time frame to use:

1946-present - 4 votes (Hawkman, Tony d, ResilientBeast, Hawkey Town 18)
1960-present - 1 votes (King Forsberg)

Ret?

We'll wait a bit longer to see if anyone else signs up before starting.

Last edited by a moderator:

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
1946 to present

I'm fine with either but would like this set up to lessen the weight of Lemieux and Gretzky

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I would rather do 1946 to present, but with only 6 teams I think we should go with the smaller player pool. I think the teams will be too stacked if we go with 1946 to present. Therefore, I vote for 1960 to present
As long as you and King Forsberg (who also voted for this) are banned from the top 2 picks, okay. ;)

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I change my vote to born 1946 or later...after thinking it over, I would like a different player pool than the last draft

EDIT: We definitely should let the lower spots draft first in both rounds 2 and 3 to offset the advantage the first few picks have in round 1.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I won't slow down the draft, because I've been working on this draft list (w/o knowing we were doing this of course) for 2 years. :)

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Okay, the time frame has been set for 1946 to present. The 2nd and 3rd rounds will have the lower team picking first to offset the advantage of the first few picks in round 1. Please state which NHL team you would like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad