GDT: PS #3 - 10/01/16 | RANGERS @ devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This will be a very telling game for Vesey. Let's see if he can be the catalyst on that line.

And if we're not using playing on a line with Nash and Hayes as a purpose that maybe Vesey "looked as good as he did" last night, then I don't want to see anyone talking about his linemates tomorrow night as an excuse for why he may not look that great.

This could just be drunk me talking. that's definitely possible, yes.

Trade Miller, sign Nakladal, etc...

Sober you and drunk you should talk more often. That way, when people bust your chops about signing Nakladal, you will remember that it was drunk you posting it and sober you won't be so frustrated about it and then you can figure out if drunk you or sober you is actually the smarter poster. Was that too much for drunk you to understand? :laugh:

:cheers:

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Sober you and drunk you should talk more often. That way, when people bust your chops about signing Nakladal, you will remember that it was drunk you posting it and sober you won't be so frustrated about it and then you can figure out if drunk you or sober you is actually the smarter poster. Was that too much for drunk you to understand? :laugh:

:cheers:

Hell I'm stone cold sober right now and I had to read that 2 times to understand it :laugh:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Who is Philip McRae?

Former early second rounder, almost a first rounder, but his career went nowhere after 15 NHL games as a 20-year-old. Scored 131 points in 264 AHL games, so almost half a point per game. He plays ok defense, but makes stupid decisions with the puck, causing turnovers instead of shots. He's also a bit soft. For these reasons he never made the NHL, but at the AHL level, he's solid. He'll be a middle-6 player for the Pack.

if Fogarty doesn't play Sunday, something's up
we already know Nieves is dinged up

Maybe he just didn't earn a spot. Did he do anything in Traverse to make you think he's good enough? Preseason hockey is several levels above Traverse and he was nothing special there. Who knows how he was in practice, but we have not yet gotten any word from anyone being impressed with him, even as a rookie. Let's see if he gets into a game or two before going to Hartford.

Last edited:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
That's a pretty high profile top 2 line spot for McRae to get. That's a weird choice for sure.

I don't know what playing Gropp on the 4th line does for him

I'm wondering if the Rangers even know what to do with Gropp at this point. I think the ship on sending him back to the WHL has sailed, and Beacon set me straight on the fact that there is probably no room for him in Hartford. I really don't want our 2nd rounder to end up in the ECHL to begin his Pro career. Where the hell are they gonna put Gropp?

TurgePurge*

Mcrae's dad was the guy in the mighty ducks movies who wasn't Wayne Gretzky, Paul Kariya, or Mike Modano.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I'm wondering if the Rangers even know what to do with Gropp at this point. I think the ship on sending him back to the WHL has sailed, and Beacon set me straight on the fact that there is probably no room for him in Hartford. I really don't want our 2nd rounder to end up in the ECHL to begin his Pro career. Where the hell are they gonna put Gropp?

feel like its pretty obvious they want him to play against good competition before the cuts.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Sarcasm is not lost on some...

Anyways, the Devils be actin like this is game 7 with the lineup they're putting out there.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That devils blue line is disgusting

We'll still win. Zibanejad Line will tear a hole thru them.

AV really not doing vesey and Jensen any favors with McRae at center.

No idea why fogarty is still here or why Anderson hasn't played. And why is Hayes not playing again? He's only got one game in why wouldn't you put him with vesey as much as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain