GDT: PS #3 - 10/01/16 | RANGERS @ devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongosurus Lex

Jan 4, 2015
Halden, Norway
Well, it's still preseason, so we can hope they come in sluggish and not prepared to meet hungry talents fighting for theire spots in the lineup, but yea, realisticly I agree with you :-D

Edit: Was ment as a reply to Lerb, I hit quick insted of quote...

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Gonna have to catch this one later, but this is a good test for the younger guys in the lineup. Playing against Taylor Hall is never easy.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Poor Mcilrath really has had his work cut out for him this Training Camp. Not only is Clendo challenging for his spot, but Paliotta is 6'3" 210 lbs. and can supposedly move the puck. I'm not saying either of these guys will take McI's spot (though I think Clendo has a good shot at it), but management sure isn't making it easy for McI by bringing these guys in here. Will definitely be watching our RHDs tonight.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Poor Mcilrath really has had his work cut out for him this Training Camp. Not only is Clendo challenging for his spot, but Paliotta is 6'3" 210 lbs. and can supposedly move the puck. I'm not saying either of these guys will take McI's spot (though I think Clendo has a good shot at it), but management sure isn't making it easy for McI by bringing these guys in here. Will definitely be watching our RHDs tonight.

In a perfect world...

Trouba gets traded here, Klein is Shipped out, Clendening or Paliotta pull a Stralman and Girardi is relegated to the 7th dman before being bought out after the season is over.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
In a perfect world...

Trouba gets traded here, Klein is Shipped out, Clendening or Paliotta pull a Stralman and Girardi is relegated to the 7th dman before being bought out after the season is over.

Never happen. But...I wonder...are there any recent examples of 5 to 6 million dollar D-men being a nightly scratch on a regular basis?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Think he should go back to WHL for his overage year honestly, Hartford looks too deep on paper for Gropp to really have a spot.

Responding to this again. The rules in the WHL are that a team cannot carry more than three 20 year olds. If they pick up a 4th, they must get rid of one of the other three to get back down to three.

The reason I bring this up is because Seattle already has 3 overagers (20 year olds) on the team this year....Eansor, Leth, & Toth. There is no room for Gropp unless they get rid of one of the other three. My guess is that Seattle is not planning on Gropp coming back to the W. It's going to be AHL (no room?), ECHL (ugh!) or trade (???) for Gropp.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Gerbe, Brown were both underwhelming previously. Maybe they're just trying to see what they have.

The vibe around this team must be a competitive one... perhaps with trades around the corner involving an RFA or something.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Gerbe, Brown were both underwhelming previously. Maybe they're just trying to see what they have.

The vibe around this team must be a competitive one... perhaps with trades around the corner involving an RFA or something.

Brown showed very little, but Gerbe got rave reviews for his PKing. I have to admit, I did not pay Gerbe much mind.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Glad to see the Devils icing a stronger line up. Will be interesting to see how the defense holds up. This could be Clendening's change to lay a claim.

Mat Bodie too... if he fares well next to Girardi then you know he's on the radar.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Responding to this again. The rules in the WHL are that a team cannot carry more than three 20 year olds. If they pick up a 4th, they must get rid of one of the other three to get back down to three.

The reason I bring this up is because Seattle already has 3 overagers (20 year olds) on the team this year....Eansor, Leth, & Toth. There is no room for Gropp unless they get rid of one of the other three. My guess is that Seattle is not planning on Gropp coming back to the W. It's going to be AHL (no room?), ECHL (ugh!) or trade (???) for Gropp.

This is slightly worrying, but if he needs another year in WHL then Seattle can trade his rights? Or trade one of the other overagers to a team who doesn't have 3. I'm sure it can be fixed if needed.

I really don't think he'll get a spot in Hartford, maybe on the 4th line but would that really benefit his development? And ECHL is scary, how many forwards have played a season in ECHL and then made it to an NHL regular in the last decade?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Brown showed very little, but Gerbe got rave reviews for his PKing. I have to admit, I did not pay Gerbe much mind.

I liked Gerbe in his game, thought he was solid overall and he was great at pressuring the point on the PK, very Hagelin like there.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
This is slightly worrying, but if he needs another year in WHL then Seattle can trade his rights? Or trade one of the other overagers to a team who doesn't have 3. I'm sure it can be fixed if needed.

I really don't think he'll get a spot in Hartford, maybe on the 4th line but would that really benefit his development? And ECHL is scary, how many forwards have played a season in ECHL and then made it to an NHL regular in the last decade?

I think if Gropp comes back, he automatically becomes a WHL free agent if Seattle does not make room for him. Someone can pick him up and play him for a year. So, technically...he can still play in the WHL.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I don't understand what the Rangers are doing with McIlrath. They have a very unique defender in him that can play a physical game without being a liability on the ice. Every game I've watched him in he's looked great. I would love to have a guy like that on my third pairing.

I wonder if it would be better to evaluate our guys vs Schneider instead of guys that have had trouble saving a beach ball.

The only thing that saves Lindback from being washed out of the league is his incredible athleticism for a guy his size. However, it looks like he's scrambling so much and is never in control. Seems to let in a lot of softies or savable goals because of that. At one point in the Devils first pre-season game, the Flyers passed it across the ice and he almost completely slid out of goal.

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
I think if Gropp comes back, he automatically becomes a WHL free agent if Seattle does not make room for him. Someone can pick him up and play him for a year. So, technically...he can still play in the WHL.

The WHL overage deadline isn't for another week or two. Teams are allowed to have more than 3 overagers until then but can only dress 3 per game. Once the deadline happens, no team may have more than 3. If an overager gets returned after the deadline, the team would have 2 weeks to get under the limit, either by trade or release.

Seattle owns his junior rights until a transaction occurs that moves them to another team. If he gets returned to the WHL, he goes onto the Seattle roster and, as outlined above, something would need to happen. Logically, Seattle would trade one of their other 20's but stranger things have happened.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I wonder if it would be better to evaluate our guys vs Schneider instead of guys that have had trouble saving a beach ball.

I think AV & Co. would be better by just evaluating skating, chemistry with linemates, how good they are at creating chances, how the blueline prospects can stifle chances, etc.

Goals/assists might just icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad