Prussian_Blue's 2007 Mock Draft Selection Thread

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
By consensus...

With the 50th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars are pleased to select, from the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League, goaltender Jeremy Smith.

:stars

Pittsburgh is on the clock as of the time of this post (6:57 PM, Central Time). Boocock has been PM'ed, and if he does not show in the next 12 hours to make this pick, I have #1GuinFan standing by to assume the duties of GM for the Penguins.

P_B

:bb:

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
I'm sure prussian won't mind if i select for the Pens, as the former GM has not responded to his PM's.

With the 50th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins are very pleased to select, from the Regina Pats of the Western Hockey League, defensemen Nick Ross/

edit: oops, we posted at the same time - well, i'll leave this here for the time being, since I doubt boocock will respond.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
#1GuinFan said:
I'm sure prussian won't mind if i select for the Pens, as the former GM has not responded to his PM's.

Boocock has a couple of hours left on the clock, but I have gotten no reply from him, and there has been no post here.

I'm inclined to allow #1GuinFan's selection of Ross to stand as the "official" Penguin selection, and allow #1GuinFan to assume duties as the Pens' GM.

That said...

With the 51st overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select, from the Regina Pats of the Western Hockey League, defenseman Nick Ross.

:pens

Phoenix (Soldat Samsonov) is on the clock, and Los Anmgeles (WpgKings13) follows with the next two picks. Both have been PM'ed.

P_B

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
With the 52nd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Phoenix Coyotes are pleased to select, from the Tigres of Victoriaville of the LHJMQ , Centre Keven Veilleux

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Soldat Samsonov said:
With the 52nd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Phoenix Coyotes are pleased to select, from the Tigres of Victoriaville of the LHJMQ , Centre Keven Veilleux.

Guys, I realize that you're all probably sending PM's to the next drafter in line after you post your selection... but, as I've asked numerous times now, PLEASE include in your announcement post one little sentence, that says something to the effect of, "Team X (drafter Y) is now on the clock, and has been PM'ed."

Thank you.

P_B

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
With the 52nd overall selection in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the Los Angeles Kings are pleased to select, from the Vancouver Giants of the WHL, goaltender Tyson Sexsmith.
:kings

With the 53rd overall selection in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the Los Angeles Kings are pleased to select, from the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL, center Akim Aliu.

Colorado is on the clock and will be pm's shortly

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
With the 54th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Colorado Avalanche are pleased to select, from Spokane Chiefs of the WHL, Left Wing Drayson Bowman.

:avs

PMing Dave G

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
With the 55th pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from the Lewiston Maineiacs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Defenseman Kevin Marshall

:canes

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
With the 56th overall selection in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the Los Angeles Kings are pleased to select, from the Erie Otters of the OHL, center Zack Torquato.

NJD is on the clock and will be pm'd shortly.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Per PM from Halliday...

With the 57th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the New Jersey Devils are pleased to select, from Djurgardens of the J-20 Superelit, goaltender Mark Owuya.

:devils

Per PM from Sopel Hates Crackers (formerly Greg Millen's Ego)...

With the 58th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select, from the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL, left wing Ruslan Bashkirov.

:nucks

Detroit (Cup) is on the clock with pick #59.

Buffalo (BritSabre) is on deck with pick #60 to close out the second round.

Anaheim (Jimmi Jenkins) is in the hole with pick #61 to open the third round.

All have been PM'ed.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Cup, Cup, Cup...

It's been over twelve hours, and no pick yet.

I'll place the name of T.J. Brennan (D/St. John's, QMJHL) in nomination for Detroit's consensus pick. And I'll have you know, Brennan was very high on my list of players to look at for St. Louis' next pick... :rant:

EDIT (so this selection will appear before Buffalo's pick):

By consensus...

With the 59th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings are pleased to select, from the St. John's Fog Devils of the QMJHL, defenseman T.J. Brennan.

:wings

P_B

Last edited:

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
With the 60th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Buffalo Sabres are pleased to select, from Vastra Frolunda HC of the Elitserien, goaltender Joel Gistedt

:sabres

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
With the 61th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Anaheim Ducks are pleased to select, from The Peterborough Petes of the OHL, Goaltender Trevor Cann.

:ducks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad