Prussian_Blue's 2007 Mock Draft Selection Thread

Duff88

May 7, 2002
With the 74th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to select, from the St. John's Fog Devils in the QMJHL, forward Jean-Simon Allard.

Bates has been PMed.

Last edited:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
With the 74th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to select, from the St. John's Fog Devils in the QMJHL, forward Jean-Simon Allard.

Bates has been PMed.

Good good pick! :) I was thinking of taking him instead of Zabotel.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Duff88 said:

Bates has been PMed.

As the Islanders' time is just about up, I place in nomination the name of Taylor Ellington (D / Everett, WHL) for their selection.

P_B

:bb:

Duff88

May 7, 2002
With the 76th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to select, from the Regina Pats in the WHL, goaltender Linden Rowat.

I wasn't PMed BTW. Next drafter has been PMed.

Halliday

Feb 11, 2007
With the 78th selection in the 2007 nhl entry draft New jersey selects from the Quebec Ramparts Roman Bashkirov.
Toronto is up the slave has been pmed.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Halliday said:
With the 78th selection in the 2007 nhl entry draft New Jersey selects from the Quebec Ramparts Roman Bashkirov.

Toronto is up the slave has been pmed.

Halliday, I don't know what draft order you're looking at, but in this mock, St. Louis has the 79th pick.

Following are the picks from 74 through 76, in order, and presented in the proper format... Grrrrr... :soap:

With the 74th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to select, from the St. John's Fog Devils of the QMJHL, forward Jean-Simon Allard.

:bolts

With the 75th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the New York Islanders are pleased to select, from the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League, center Taylor Ellington.

:isles

With the 76th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to select, from the Regina Pats of the Western Hockey League, goaltenderr Linden Rowat.

:bolts

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Following are the picks from 77 through 79, again in order, and again presented in the proper format... Grrrrr... :soap:

With the 77th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Atlanta Thrashers are pleased to select, from the Gatineau Olympiques of the QMJHL, defensemanr Jonathan Carrier.

:thrashers

With the 78th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the New Jersey Devils are pleased to select, from the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL, forward Roman Bashkirov.

:devils

With the 79th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are pleased to select, from White Bear Lake High School and the Sioux Falls Stampede of the USHL, right wing Jake Hansen.

:blues

3rd round, 20th pick, 80th overall PIT (#1GuinFan) -- ON THE CLOCK
3rd round, 21st pick, 81st overall OTT (dany) -- ON DECK
3rd round, 22nd pick, 82nd overall CBJ (Timeless Winter) -- IN THE HOLE

All have been PM'ed.

P_B

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
With the 80th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select, from Vancouver of the WHL, right wing Spencer Machacek.

Ottawa up next.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Per PM from dany...

With the 81st overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, from the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League, forward Dale Mitchell .

:sens

3rd round, 22nd pick, 82nd overall CBJ (Timeless Winter) -- ON THE CLOCK
3rd round, 23rd pick, 83rd overall SJO (newfiehabsfan) -- ON DECK
3rd round, 24th pick, 84th overall PHI (go kim johnsson 514) -- IN THE HOLE

All have been PM'ed.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
bigv said:
Thats a nice draft ......... but where are czech and slovakien players

In the Czech Republic and Slovakia... where they likely will remain after they're drafted, so that's probaby why there aren't a lot of them being chosen yet.

Ditto for Russians.

A Czech was the first player chosen, but --significantly -- he's a player who committed to come to North America in his draft year, for the exposure and for the opportunity to develop at a higher (arguably) level of competiton.

Out of the 81 players chosen so far, fewer than a dozen are players who are not currently playing in North America. There are, however, quite a few European-born players who have come to North America to play junior, and those guys are getting chosen -- Voracek, Repik, Moller, the Bashkirovs, Weber, etc.

There are some Czechs and Slovaks that I'm looking at, but I'm not spending high picks on them. I think most people are taking the position that they want to spend their high (top 100, at least) picks on players who are most likely to be making their contributions here in North America, rather than being content to be the big fish in the little pond (figuratively speaking) over there.

P_B

Last edited:

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
With the 82ndoverall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased to select, from Shattuck-St. Mary's Ben Blood.

:cbj

newfiehabsfan is on the clock and has been pmed.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Sorry, folks... I had a PM from newfiehabsfan yesterday, but got too busy at work to post it...

With the 83rd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the San Jose Sharks are pleased to select, from Lethbridge of the Western Hockey League, center Mitch Fadden.

:sharks

3rd round, 24th pick, 84th overall PHI (go kim johnsson 514) -- ON THE CLOCK
3rd round, 25th pick, 85th overall ATL (hsthashersfan) -- ON DECK
3rd round, 26th pick, 86th overall PHI (go kim johnsson 514) -- IN THE HOLE

All have been PM'ed.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Also, just so you all know, I'll be out of town this coming weekend (5/10 through 5/13), attending my son's college graduation.

I'll have my laptop with me, and will try to get on-line as often as possible, but Mrs. P_B gets irritable if I spend too much time on vacation "doing hockey stuff..." :shakehead

Some of you have already received a PM asking for your help in keeping this thing moving forward while I'm away. Thanks in advance for any help that manifests itself.

P_B

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also, just so you all know, I'll be out of town this coming weekend (5/10 through 5/13), attending my son's college graduation.

I'll have my laptop with me, and will try to get on-line as often as possible, but Mrs. P_B gets irritable if I spend too much time on vacation "doing hockey stuff..." :shakehead

Some of you have already received a PM asking for your help in keeping this thing moving forward while I'm away. Thanks in advance for any help that manifests itself.

P_B

I'll try an help you out while you're gone

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With the 84th pick in the draft, the Philadelphia Flyers select, from Jokerit Helsinki of SM-liiga, Jori Lehtera

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
With the 85th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Atlanta Thrashers are pleased to select, from Chelyabinsk Traktor of the Russian League, right winger Evgeni Dadonov.:thrashers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad