Prussian_Blue's 2007 Mock Draft Selection Thread

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Reposting Cup's selection in the standard format...

With the 29th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings are pleased to select, from Frolunda of the J-20 Superelit, left wing Lars Eller.

:wings

Per PM from bergy37...

With the 30th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins are pleased to select, from the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League, right wing Michal Repik.

:bruins

Buffalo (BritSabre) is on the clock, and has been PM'ed.

==========

This concludes the first round. No more trades are permitted. We will now have a 12-hour time limit on selections, so please check the board frequently.

Please remember to continue to post your selections in the standard format, as shown above, and please remember to include in your selection post a notification line that states who is next, and that you have sent them a PM.

Thanks to everyone for their participation, and let's keep this thing moving.

P_B

:bb:

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
With the 31st overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Buffalo Sabres are excited to select, from The Grand Rapids High School and Tri-City Storm from the Minnesota High School and the United States Hockey Leagues respectively, centre Patrick White.

:sabres

Phoenix - (GM: Soldat Samsonov) is now on the clock as of 15:38 GMT and has been PMed

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
With the 32nd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Phoenix Coyotes are excited to select, from Saskatoon Blades of the WHL , Centre Colton Gillies
:coyotes

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Vancouver has about 1/2 hour left on the clock, and hasn't been heard from all day.

In the event that they need to have a consensus pick assigned, I nominate Dana Tyrell, C, Prince George (WHL).

P_B

Bring Back Krajicek*

sorry sorry sorry! school + i was at the nucks game!
anyway i agree with this pick

With the 33rd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select, from The Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League, Left Wing Dana Tyrell.

:nucks

ididitlangway has been pm'd

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
sorry sorry sorry! school + i was at the nucks game!
anyway i agree with this pick

With the 33rd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select, from The Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League, Left Wing Dana Tyrell.

:nucks

ididitlangway has been pm'd

Noice! :handclap:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
With the 34th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals are pleased to select, from the University of Minnesota, center James O'Brien.

:caps

Ottawa (dany) is on the clock and has been PM'd.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
By consensus...

With the 35th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, from Slavia Praha of the Czech Extraliga, center Vladimir Ruzicka.

:sens

Edmonton (fong p88) is on the clock, and has been PM'ed.

P_B

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Edmonton's time is just about up...

I nominate John Negrin, D, Kootenay (WHL) as their consensus pick.

P_B

They drafted 2 defensemen in the first round (Alzner and Katic) so I don't think they'd likely go that direction for a 3rd pick in the top 40.

Personally I'd nominate Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i, F, Thurgau (Swiss B-League)

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
DaveG said:
They drafted 2 defensemen in the first round (Alzner and Katic) so I don't think they'd likely go that direction for a 3rd pick in the top 40.

Personally I'd nominate Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i, F, Thurgau (Swiss B-League)

Good point, Dave... I'll second the nomination of :eek::eek::eek::eek:i.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Again, by consensus...

With the 36th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select, from Dubendorf, Switzerland, left wing Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i.

:edmonton

Los Angeles (WpgKings13) is on the clock, and has been PM'ed.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
OK, folks... seriously... does anyone give a rat's patoot about this mock draft any more?

No one is showing up for their picks, and it takes forever even to get three people together to get a consensus. I realize that a 12-hour time limit may put a crimp on some folks' ability to post, but the alternative is to allow 24 hours for every pick, and if we do that, we'll be lucky to have this mock completed before the real draft starts up at the end of June.

So, if a majority of the current GM's don't post to this thread within 24 hours, saying they wish to continue, I'm just going to shut this thing down. I appreciate the few of you that have stuck with this, and have made your picks on time, and have used the format that we agreed on for appearances' sake, but the apathy of a few others is starting to rub me the wrong way.

I enjoy doing this stuff, and would do it all the time if I could... but I can't be on the computer 24 hours a day, and I shouldn't have to send PM's to GM after GM reminding them that it's their pick.

Thanks, and I hope that enough of you still give a hoot, and we can drive on with this.

P_B

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
One other suggestion is to lobby GMs to send in proxy lists if they look ahead and foresee not being around when their pick comes up. So long as you're draft technique is fairly organized, it's an easy solution to potential time constraints.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I definitely want to continue this thing, and I'm up for passing on PMs to the guys that are not just the next pick but the next 2-3 after that to let them know to have a choice ready or a player (or two) PMed for an auto-pick.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
With the 37th overall selection in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the Los Angeles Kings are pleased to select, from the Lincoln Stars of the USHL, defenseman Colby Cohen.
:kings

Washington is on the clock and has been PM'd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->